This page details the first generation characters of ''VideoGame/FireEmblemAwakening''. For other characters, head back to the index [[Characters/FireEmblemAwakening here]].
!! General Tropes
* ActionDad: or ActionMom to their respective children.
** Bonus points go to Chrom and his wife, since they give birth to Lucina ''before'' they learn that her future self is fighting alongside them, and thus qualify for these tropes regardless of time travel.
* ActionGirl: All of the females. Even the Clerics and Troubadours become one after promoting, and Olivia is the first Dancer in an internationally-released Fire Emblem game who can equip and use weapons! (Although she'll need to level up a little to get good at it.)
* BadassCrew: Most of them are part of Chrom's Shepherds, a collection of individuals dedicated to the protection of Ylisse.
* BadassFamily: They can fight alongside their time-traveling children.
* BattleCouple: And each character has a surprisingly large amount of choices by series standards.
* BunnyEarsLawyer: They're all great at what they do, but every one of them has their own quirks and RunningGags.
* HappilyMarried: Almost all of the couples, although bonus points go to Stahl, as nearly all of his endings actually include some form of the phrase "happy marriage".
* HeterosexualLifePartners: All of them when they reach an A rank support. Although there are some pairs that are this even before they start supporting, like Lissa and Maribelle, or Sumia and Cordelia.
* KillEmAll: [[spoiler: Every single one of them die in the BadFuture.]]
* SupernaturallyYoungParent: All of the first-generation characters are in their early 20's at most, and due to time travel, they can meet their children who are in their late teens. If the Avatar marries any of the children, they take it further by being young ''grandparents''; it should also be noted that [[spoiler:Lissa, Cordelia, and Olivia can become this by the time of ''VideoGame/FireEmblemFates'' as their children can have children of their own in that game. They could potentially even be ''great''-grandparents.]]
* [[Characters/FireEmblemAwakeningFirstGenerationFemales Females]]
* [[Characters/FireEmblemAwakeningFirstGenerationMales Males]]