->'''Voiced by:''' George Clooney
* AlliterativeName: The school's records indicate his name is F.F. Fox.
* BadassBoast: "Your tractors uprooted my tree. Your posse hunted my family. Your gunmen kidnapped my nephew. Your rat insulted my wife ó and you shot off my tail. ''Iím not leaving here without that necktie''."
* CharacterTics: Whistles and clicks his tongue as his "trademark".
* OffTheWagon: Actually stated by Mr. Fox when he's apologizing to his wife about stealing birds again.
* [[RedHeadedHero Red Furred Hero]]
* ScarsAreForever: [[spoiler: Mr Fox's tail becomes detachable, permanently. Also the cut Mrs. Fox gives him that remains throughout the film.]]
* SensitiveGuyAndManlyMan: The Manly Man to Kylie's Sensitive Guy.
* SignificantGreenEyedRedhead: Fox's fur is red so he technically counts for this trope.
* TooDumbToLive: Mr. Fox gets carried away sometimes, edging into this trope.
->'''Voiced by:''' Meryl Streep
* AffectionateNickname: Calls Mr. Fox "Foxxy."
* AllGirlsWantBadBoys: Partly. Though it made her regret marrying him, Felicity can't help falling for his "fantastic" wild animal nature.
* AlliterativeName: Felicity Fox.
* MyGirlIsNotASlut: Heavily implied that before she settled down with Mr. Fox, Mrs. Fox very much averted this.
* SmurfettePrinciple: The only one of the main characters who's a female.
* WomenAreWiser: In the opening, Mrs. Fox suggested the smartest routes that would get her and Mr. Fox to the birds faster.
->'''Voiced by:''' Jason Schwartzman
* BrattyHalfPint: To Kris at first, even though Ash is older.
* CharacterTics: Twitches his ear and/or spits when aggravated.
* EmoTeen: Ash before the CharacterDevelopment.
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: He's not nice to Kristofferson at all, but warms up to him at the end.
* ManInWhite: A younger version, which represents his odd personality.
* SensitiveGuyAndManlyMan: The Manly Man to Kirstofferson's Sensitive Guy.
* SuperHeroesWearCapes: His white outfit with a towel cape seems to be based on the White Cape comics he's seen reading.
* TheUnfavorite: Ash considers himself this, seeing himself inferior to his athletic and more popular cousin, and his father's attitude towards said cousin doesn't help.
* WellDoneSonGuy: All he ever wanted was his father's approval.
* WholesomeCrossdresser: Ash enjoys wearing a feminine wool sweater and a lacy cape.
->'''Voiced by:''' Eric Anderson
* BigLittleBrother: Noticeably taller and more mature than his older cousin Ash.
* PrettyBoy: Kristofferson is somewhat like [[FurryFandom the fox version]] of this.
* SensitiveGuyAndManlyMan: The Sensitive Guy to Ash's Manly Man.
!!Kylie Sven Opossum
->'''Voiced by:''' Wally Wolodarsky
* SensitiveGuyAndManlyMan: The Sensitive Guy to Mr. Fox' Manly Man.
->'''Voiced by:''' Billy Murray
Mr. Fox's lawyer.
->'''Voiced by:''' Willem Dafoe
Hired by Bean as his Secret Cider Cellar security guard
* [[spoiler: DeathEqualsRedemption: Discussed with Rat. He did help them out, but he was still just another dead rat in a dumpster behind a Chinese restaurant.]]
* KnifeNut: He owns a switchblade.
* TallDarkAndSnarky: Rat seems to consider himself this, though how much the third requirement actually applies is questionable.
->'''Voiced by:''' Wes Anderson
* TheCameo: Voiced by Wes Anderson himself.
->'''Voiced by:''' Owen Wilson
* AllThereInTheScript: His name is only mentioned in the credits.
->'''Voiced by:''' Jeremy Dawson
->'''Voiced by:''' Mario Batali
!!Boggis, Bunce, and Beans
->Bogis '''Voiced by:''' Robin Hurlston
->Bunce '''Voiced by:''' Hugo Guinness
->Beans '''Voiced by:''' Michael Gambon
* BerserkButton: Bean does not like the idea of giving up against a fox.
** [[BigBadDuumvirate Big Bad Triumvirate]]
* BigEater: Boggis eats ''12'' chickens a day.
* BigThinShortTrio: Boggis, Bunce and Bean (One fat, one short, one lean).
* FatBastard: Boggis.
* HairTriggerTemper: Bean.
* HatesBaths: ''Not'' played for laughs. According to the narration, Bean never bathes ("he never even washed"), and he's hard of hearing because his ears are clogged with residue. (The other two are probably unhygienic too; Mr. Fox says in an early chapter that he can smell them so easily because they stunk.)
* LeanAndMean: Bean.
* TheNapoleon: Bunce.
* TheStoic: Boggis and Bunce, especially Bunce, whose sour expression never changes once.
* TerribleTrio: They are played like, with Bean being the BigBad, and Boggis and Bunce his sidekicks.
* TrademarkFavoriteFood: Boggis - chicken; Bunce - homemade doughnuts with smashed up goose livers injected into them; Bean - strong alcoholic apple cider.
* VillainousGlutton: All three farmers, but especially Boggis, who eats three chickens for every square meal of the day (plus dessert).