->'''Voiced by:''' George Clooney
* AlliterativeName: The school's records indicate his name is F.F. Fox.
* BadassBoast: "Your tractors uprooted my tree. Your posse hunted my family. Your gunmen kidnapped my nephew. Your rat insulted my wife ó and you shot off my tail. ''Iím not leaving here without that necktie''."
* CharacterTics: Whistles and clicks his tongue as his "trademark".
* OffTheWagon: Actually stated by Mr. Fox when he's apologizing to his wife about stealing birds again.
* [[RedHeadedHero Red Furred Hero]]
* ScarsAreForever: [[spoiler: Mr Fox's tail becomes detachable, permanently. Also the cut Mrs. Fox gives him that remains throughout the film.]]
* SensitiveGuyAndManlyMan: The Manly Man to Kylie's Sensitive Guy.
* SignificantGreenEyedRedhead: Fox's fur is red so he technically counts for this trope.
* TooDumbToLive: Mr. Fox gets carried away sometimes, edging into this trope.
->'''Voiced by:''' Meryl Streep
* AffectionateNickname: Calls Mr. Fox "Foxxy."
* AllGirlsWantBadBoys: Partly. Though it made her regret marrying him, Felicity can't help falling for his "fantastic" wild animal nature.
* AlliterativeName: Felicity Fox.
* MyGirlIsNotASlut: Heavily implied that before she settled down with Mr. Fox, Mrs. Fox very much averted this.
* SmurfettePrinciple: The only one of the main characters who's a female.
* WomenAreWiser: In the opening, Mrs. Fox suggested the smartest routes that would get her and Mr. Fox to the birds faster.
->'''Voiced by:''' Jason Schwartzman
* BrattyHalfPint: To Kris at first, even though Ash is older.
* CharacterTics: Twitches his ear and/or spits when aggravated.
* EmoTeen: Ash before the CharacterDevelopment.
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: He's not nice to Kristofferson at all, but warms up to him at the end.
* ManInWhite: A younger version, which represents his odd personality.
* SensitiveGuyAndManlyMan: The Manly Man to Kirstofferson's Sensitive Guy.
* SuperHeroesWearCapes: His white outfit with a towel cape seems to be based on the White Cape comics he's seen reading.
* TheUnfavorite: Ash considers himself this, seeing himself inferior to his athletic and more popular cousin, and his father's attitude towards said cousin doesn't help.
* WellDoneSonGuy: All he ever wanted was his father's approval.
* WholesomeCrossdresser: Ash enjoys wearing a feminine wool sweater and a lacy cape.
->'''Voiced by:''' Eric Anderson
* BigLittleBrother: Noticeably taller and more mature than his older cousin Ash.
* PrettyBoy: Kristofferson is somewhat like [[UsefulNotes/FurryFandom the fox version]] of this.
* SensitiveGuyAndManlyMan: The Sensitive Guy to Ash's Manly Man.
!!Kylie Sven Opossum
->'''Voiced by:''' Wally Wolodarsky
* SensitiveGuyAndManlyMan: The Sensitive Guy to Mr. Fox' Manly Man.
->'''Voiced by:''' Billy Murray
Mr. Fox's lawyer.
->'''Voiced by:''' Willem Dafoe
Hired by Bean as his Secret Cider Cellar security guard
* [[spoiler: DeathEqualsRedemption: Discussed with Rat. He did help them out, but he was still just another dead rat in a dumpster behind a Chinese restaurant.]]
* KnifeNut: He owns a switchblade.
* TallDarkAndSnarky: Rat seems to consider himself this, though how much the third requirement actually applies is questionable.
->'''Voiced by:''' Wes Anderson
* TheCameo: Voiced by Wes Anderson himself.
->'''Voiced by:''' Owen Wilson
* AllThereInTheScript: His name is only mentioned in the credits.
->'''Voiced by:''' Jeremy Dawson
->'''Voiced by:''' Mario Batali
!!Boggis, Bunce, and Beans
->Bogis '''Voiced by:''' Robin Hurlston
->Bunce '''Voiced by:''' Hugo Guinness
->Beans '''Voiced by:''' Michael Gambon
* BerserkButton: Bean does not like the idea of giving up against a fox.
** [[BigBadDuumvirate Big Bad Triumvirate]]
* BigEater: Boggis eats ''12'' chickens a day.
* BigThinShortTrio: Boggis, Bunce and Bean (One fat, one short, one lean).
* FatBastard: Boggis.
* HairTriggerTemper: Bean.
* LeanAndMean: Bean.
* TheNapoleon: Bunce.
* TheStoic: Boggis and Bunce, especially Bunce, whose sour expression never changes once.
* TerribleTrio: They are played like, with Bean being the BigBad, and Boggis and Bunce his sidekicks.
* TrademarkFavoriteFood: Boggis - chicken; Bunce - homemade doughnuts with smashed up goose livers injected into them; Bean - strong alcoholic apple cider.
* UncleanlinessIsNextToUngodliness: According to the narration, [[HatesBaths Bean never bathes]] ("he never even washed"), and he's hard of hearing because his ears are clogged with residue. (The other two are probably unhygienic too; Mr. Fox says in an early chapter that he can smell them so easily because they stunk.)
* VillainousGlutton: All three farmers, but especially Boggis, who eats three chickens for every square meal of the day (plus dessert).