* BadassBoast: "Your tractors uprooted my tree. Your posse hunted my family. Your gunmen kidnapped my nephew. Your rat insulted my wife ó and you shot off my tail. ''Iím not leaving here without that necktie''."
* CharacterTics: Whistles and clicks his tongue as his "trademark".
* OffTheWagon: Actually stated by Mr. Fox when he's apologizing to his wife about stealing birds again.
* ScarsAreForever: [[spoiler: Mr Fox's tail becomes detachable, permanently. Also the cut Mrs. Fox gives him that remains throughout the film.]]
* SignificantGreenEyedRedhead: Fox's fur is red so he technically counts for this trope.
* TooDumbToLive: Mr. Fox gets carried away sometimes, edging into this trope.
* AffectionateNickname: Calls Mr. Fox "Foxxy."
* AlliterativeName: Felicity Fox.
* AllGirlsWantBadBoys: Partly. Though it made her regret marrying him, Felicity can't help falling for his "fantastic" wild animal nature.
* MyGirlIsNotASlut: Heavily implied that before she settled down with Mr. Fox, Mrs. Fox very much averted this.
* BrattyHalfPint: To Kris at first, even though Ash is older.
* CharacterTics: Twitches his ear and/or spits when aggravated.
* EmoTeen: Ash before the CharacterDevelopment.
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: He's not nice to Kristofferson at all, but warms up to him at the end.
* ManInWhite: A younger version, which represents his odd personality.
* SuperHeroesWearCapes: His white outfit with a towel cape seems to be based on the White Cape comics he's seen reading.
* TheUnfavourite: Ash considers himself this, seeing himself inferior to his athletic and more popular cousin, and his father's attitude towards said cousin doesn't help.
* WellDoneSonGuy: All he ever wanted was his father's approval.
* WholesomeCrossdresser: Ash enjoys wearing a feminine wool sweater and a lacy cape.
* BigLittleBrother: Noticeably taller and more mature than his older cousin Ash.
* PrettyBoy: Kristofferson is somewhat like [[FurryFandom the fox version]] of this.
!!Kylie Sven Opossum
Mr. Fox's lawyer.
Hired by Bean as his Secret Cider Cellar security guard
* [[spoiler: DeathEqualsRedemption: Discussed with Rat. He did help them out, but he was still just another dead rat in a dumpster behind a Chinese restaurant.]]
* KnifeNut: He owns a switchblade.
* TallDarkAndSnarky: Rat seems to consider himself this, though how much the third requirement actually applies is questionable.
* TheCameo: Voiced by Wes Anderson himself.
!!Boggis, Bunce, and Bean
* BerserkButton: Bean does not like the idea of giving up against a fox.
* BigEater: Boggis eats ''12'' chickens a day.
* [[BigBadDuumvirate Big Bad Triumvirate]]
* BigThinShortTrio: Boggis, Bunce and Bean (One fat, one short, one lean).
* FatBastard: Boggis.
* HairTriggerTemper: Bean.
* LeanAndMean: Bean.
* TheNapoleon: Bunce.
* ThePigPen: ''Not'' played for laughs. According to the narration, Bean never bathes ("he never even washed"), and he's hard of hearing because his ears are clogged with residue. (The other two are probably unhygienic too; Mr. Fox says in an early chapter that he can smell them so easily because they stunk.)
* TheStoic: Boggis and Bunce, especially Bunce, whose sour expression never changes once.
* TrademarkFavouriteFood: Boggis - chicken; Bunce - homemade doughnuts with smashed up goose livers injected into them; Bean - strong alcoholic apple cider.
* VillainousGlutton: All three farmers, but especially Boggis, who eats three chickens for every square meal of the day (plus dessert).