* AdventurerArchaeologist: When she's not too busy fighting demons, she also explores temples, collects rare spells, studies other faerie cultures...
* BookDumb: Subverted. Despite Magpie never having attended an actual school, the "archaeologist" in AdventurerAchaeologist ensures that she has more general knowledge than most of the other characters.
* BraidsOfAction: Although they come undone in the style of SlipKnotPonytail.
* TheHerald: For Talon.
* LittleMissBadass: She's a "slip of a girl" and kicks butt after butt after butt...
* SmittenTeenageGirl: She positively adores Dusk.
* WaifFu: Magic helps, but she can hold her own in a physical fight, too.
* GoodScarsEvilScars: Talon's hands end up scarred from being badly cut while holding onto the tether around Magpie's waist.
* HandicappedBadass: Talon can't fly, which is more or less like not being able to walk. That being said, even Magpie is impressed with [[DisabilitySuperpower his acrobatics]].
* IJustWantToBeNormal: Talon's lack of functional wings gives him a lot of angst at times.
* TheLancer: While he and Magpie usually get along just fine, when she's putting herself in too much danger or being impatient or insensitive, Talon (and Calypso-it's a two-man job) reins her in.