The main protagonist of this story. A cool and calm [[RedOniBlueOni Blue Oni]] type character.
* AgentScully: Skeptical of the idea that Quinn's dad really has made an extraterrestrial discovery.
* AllLoveIsUnrequited: To Sara, based on his flashback montage.
* [[spoiler:AlmightyIdiot: Alex's speech changes from high level, scientific jargon to casual, slang-ridden speech after contact with the tetrahedron.]]
* TheChessmaster: With the tetrahedron.
* [[spoiler:HiddenDepths: Dons a rather terrifying SlasherSmile when taking hold of the invisible extraterrestrial object, something quite unexpected for someone like him. He also has an uncle who does testing for the military, something not even Quinn knew about him, despite all the years he has known him (which he may or may not have been lying about).]]
* [[spoiler:IHaveYouNowMyPretty: Talks about how he'll finally have Sara as a result of the object which caused his personality to dramatically shift.]]
* [[spoiler:LoveMakesYouEvil: Due to Sara and/or the tetrahedron...]]
* [[spoiler:PrinceCharmingWannabe: Towards Sara.]]
* TheSpock: Interested by science and logic, doesn't show a lot of emotion, and seems to be someone who does science and math for fun.
* [[spoiler:SlasherSmile: A common trait of his when under the tetrahedron's influence.]]
* [[spoiler:TookALevelInJerkass: Is the case whenever he's in contact with the tetrahedron. In comparison to before, he's become much more bold, cocky and rude to those he's spoken with.]]
* [[spoiler:WithGreatPowerComesGreatInsanity: After grabbing the tetrahedron, which has been shown to grant TimeTravel powers, he shows a dramatic personality shift.]]
Alex's much happier best friend. His dad searches for extraterrestrial objects and Quinn is always there to support him.
* AgentMulder: Always excited about his dad's discoveries, sure that his dad has FINALLY done something right.
* NerdGlasses: A bit of a nerd himself, so a bit of his character is revealed this way.
* WideEyedIdealist: When it comes to his dad's discoveries, to the point where Alex worries about him being crushed with disappointment.
An athletic girl from Alex's class. Foils Alex in many ways (though she ironically has the same eye color). While Alex is stiff and stressed, she's carefree. While Alex only smiled at the end of school, she cracked her desk in her excitement. She believes Alex just needs to relax.
* EverybodyHatesMathematics: She hates the "boring" sciences, but enjoys science involving sports (for example, health, training routines, so on).
* TheMcCoy: Has a carefree and relaxed approach to life.
* PassionateSportsGirl: Heavily into sports/athletics: what ones she's into though, haven't been revealed yet.
The object of Alex's affection, and easily one of the most popular girls in the school. Seems to have little to no interest in Alex romantically, as well as being a bit "loose" with other men, [[UnreliableNarrator but then again...]]