The main protagonist of this story. A cool and calm [[RedOniBlueOni Blue Oni]] type character.
* AgentScully: Skeptical of the idea that Quinn's dad really has made an extraterrestrial discovery.
* AllLoveIsUnrequited: To Sara, based on his flashback montage.
** AnguishedDeclarationOfLove: Page 41 and 42, where Alex can't seem to [[IfICantHaveYou handle the rejection.]]
* [[spoiler:AlmightyIdiot: Alex's speech changes from high level, scientific jargon to casual, slang-ridden speech after contact with the tetrahedron.]]
* BlatantLies: [[spoiler: The tetrahedron is now a useless rock.]]
* TheChessmaster: With the tetrahedron.
* [[spoiler:HiddenDepths: Dons a rather terrifying SlasherSmile when taking hold of the invisible extraterrestrial object, something quite unexpected for someone like him. He also has an uncle who does testing for the military, something not even Quinn knew about him, despite all the years he has known him (which he may or may not have been lying about).]]
* [[spoiler:FacialHorror: After not taking a single hit from famed karate master Matt, Alex gets treated to a disfiguring punch, courtesy of Meredith.]]
* [[spoiler:IHaveYouNowMyPretty: Talks about how he'll finally have Sara as a result of the object which caused his personality to dramatically shift.]]
* IcyBlueEyes: Represents his calmer character.
* JustAsPlanned: Lampshaded in page 30.
* LiteralMinded: Lampshaded when Quinn calls him "Mr. Literal".
* [[spoiler:LikeASonToMe: He's this to Quinn's dad. [[RantInducingSlight A whole lot more than Quinn would've appreciated.]]]]
* [[spoiler:LoveMakesYouEvil: Due to Sara and/or the tetrahedron...]]
* [[spoiler:PrinceCharmingWannabe: Towards Sara.]]
* [[RedOniBlueOni Blue Oni]]: To Quinn's Red. While Quinn was making a cheerful pose for the last day of school, he only made a calm smile.
* TheSpock: Interested by science and logic, doesn't show a lot of emotion, and seems to be someone who does science and math for fun. For example, in the preview page, he is doing a 5x5 Rubik's Cube while smiling.
* [[spoiler:SlasherSmile: A common trait of his when under the tetrahedron's influence.]]
* [[spoiler:TookALevelInJerkass: Is the case whenever he's in contact with the tetrahedron. In comparison to before, he's become much more bold, cocky and rude to those he's spoken with.]]
** [[spoiler:Double subverted after taking Meredith's punch; i.e. apologizes for being a dick over the phone in the morning, then attempts to deceive Quinn.]]
* [[spoiler:WithGreatPowerComesGreatInsanity: After grabbing the tetrahedron, which has been shown to grant TimeTravel powers, he shows a dramatic personality shift.]]
Alex's much happier best friend. His dad searches for extraterrestrial objects and Quinn is always there to support him.
* AgentMulder: Always excited about his dad's discoveries, sure that his dad has FINALLY done something right.
* [[BewareTheNiceOnes Beware The Nice]][=/=][[BewareTheQuietOnes Quiet Ones]]
* [[spoiler: CallingTheOldManOut: After being yelled at for "breaking" the tetrahedron, he gets back at his dad by telling him about how he's failed to produce something of worth.]]
* NerdGlasses: A bit of a nerd himself, so a bit of his character is revealed this way.
* RantInducingSlight: [[spoiler: After being told he "broke" the tetrahedron.]]
* WideEyedIdealist: When it comes to his dad's discoveries, to the point where Alex worries about him being crushed with disappointment.
An athletic girl from Alex's class. Foils Alex in many ways (though she ironically has the same eye color). While Alex is stiff and stressed, she's carefree. While Alex only smiled at the end of school, she stomped on the ground with such glee that her desk even got air (much to the horror of a [[FunnyBackgroundEvent student watching]]. She believes Alex just needs to relax.
* [[spoiler: [[ArmorPiercingSlap Armor Piercing Punch]]: Something Alex got to experience first hand after that match with Matt.]]
* BigDamnHeroes: [[spoiler: She saves Alex from a burning, collapsing room. She was late to Sara however.]]
* DepartmentOfRedundancyDepartment: "Alex?! It's 5 am in the morning!"
* EverybodyHatesMathematics: She hates the "boring" sciences, but enjoys science involving sports (for example, health, training routines, so on).
* IcyBlueEyes: Averted. She has blue eyes yet is practically the polar opposite of this trope.
* TheMcCoy: Has a carefree and relaxed approach to life.
* PassionateSportsGirl: Heavily into sports/athletics: what ones she's into though, haven't been revealed yet.