The list of characters of ''FanFic/ChessPiece''.
'''Prince Danny Masters'''
''"I will not be future King of Dalv. I will be the immortal King of Earth! And it will be justified because '''I''' did it!"'''
The (currently) 17 year old prince of [[CityOfCanals Dalv Kingdom]]. Danny Masters is the only child of King Vlad and the next heir to the throne. [[ManipulativeBastard Manipulative]], rude, condescending, and clever, young Danny constantly [[ConsummateLiar pulls strings on everyone]] to get what he wants: [[TakeOverTheWorld World Domination]]. So naturally he can't let the Chaos Order ([[LampShade they're aware it's an oxymoron]]) get their hands on the [[MineralMacGuffin Seven Crystals]] that'll give them the push for global conquest (and the universe).
Adding to his attitude, Danny is a snobby young man who takes great pride in his political role. But he is also a chronic mama's boy and considers her to be a saint. Though he currently undergoes the typical [[EmoTeen teenage drama]] from his [[AmazinglyEmbarrassingParents father]], Danny is dangerously clingy towards him and refuses to share him with anyone else. He often treats those close to him as pawns in his plans, but he is slowly and surely realizing that they are his ''friends''...
* AntiSue: Why does everyone like or at least tolerate this bastard? Could be averted as Danny is slowly realizing how much of a jerk he is.
* ArrangedMarriage: With Paulina to secure alliance with Amity Nation. As far as anyone is concerned though, it's a loving marriage...right?
* ByronicHero: So much. He is growing ''worst'', even.
* TheCaligula: Danny is slowly edging towards this if not already at it!
* CharacterDevelopment: Very slowly, he's starting to realize that the people who care for him despite his attitude are truly worth keeping as friends, not pawns. Very slowly.
* CreepyChild: [[spoiler: He may have killed his great-grandfather because ''"He got in the way"'']].
* [[DefrostingIceQueen Defrosting Ice Prince]]: What he's slowly becoming.
* DracoInLeatherPants: For some reason, the fans still like him the best. Why? He's a jerk!
* [[HasTwoMommies Has Two Daddies]]: Sorta. Vlad was a single father, but he had help from Skulker, Danny's godfather.
* KissingCousins: He and Elliot are a little ''too'' close. Compared to distant cousin Danielle who is obsessive over Danny (much to his annoyance). [[spoiler: He is also drawn to Jazz, both of whom are unaware of their relation.]]
* TheLancer: In the FiveManBand, this is him as Vlad is to TheHero
* MagnificentBastard and ManipulativeBastard
* MommasBoy: For that matter, this applies to his father as well
* MoralityPet: His father, Vlad. Probably the only person he respects...and ''fears''!
* ChaoticNeutral: He'll do whatever he can to rule the world, but it's ambiguous just what he plans to do with the planet once he governs it.
* ShipTease: The candidates are...''*drumrolls*... [[UnluckyChildhoodFriend Valerie]], [[SlapSlapKiss Sam]], [[ArrangedMarriage Paulina]], [[StarCrossedLovers Ghost Writer]], and [[ParentalIncest Vlad]]. Yes, ''Vlad''.
* TakeOverTheWorld: His goal.
* WarriorPrince: Duh
''"He...is no mere man. He sees with eyes uncloud."''
The recently turned 41-year-old current King of Dalv. It's hard to imagine how a man like him had a son like Danny; Vlad is kind, compassionate, open-minded, and caring. Having been an adventurer in his past, Vlad has seen much of the world and uses that experience to better the kingdom, largely contributing to the growing Roarin20s. He is often [[BumblingDad childish despite his age]], but has years of wisdom. His #1 concern is his son whom he dotes on. He [[ParentalObliviousness may or may not]] be aware of Danny's goal for world domination.
Despite his beloved status and personality, Vlad struggles with his true inner feelings; one where he ''hates'' his job as King, feeling restricted and burdened with a duty he only took up for [[SurvivorGuilt Danny's sake]]. Sometimes, he wonders if it's right to blame Danny for all this...
* BlessedWithSuck: He got magic and tough skin out of the DealWithTheDevil that saved Danny's life, but it made him unable to swim or tolerate cold. On the other hand, he can walk into an ''active volcano''.
* BumblingDad: Sorta. He's a good father, he just acts like he's 24 (incidentally, the age when his son was born).
* ChaoticGood / ChaoticNeutral: He uses his Kingly status to help those in need, regardless of the law (which he'll likely try and change to appeal to others). He may also be in the neutral category because he allies himself with everyone and no one at the same time, preferring to help without judging others.
* ChildrenRaiseYou: Vlad was much more free-spirited before Danny came into his life.
* FanService: [[WordOfGod I do this too much to him]].
* FriendlyNeighborhoodVampire: Vlad has to drink a quart of blood a month to survive. He uses pig's blood.
* HumanMomNonhumanDad: Sorta. Vlad was human when Danny was born, but he turned into a blue-skinned demon when his son was only three.
* NiceHat: No one is allowed to touch his cowboy hat, not even his son. '''NO ONE.'''
* ObfuscatingStupidity: Well, his Sifu ''was'' [[WesternAnimation/AvatarTheLastAirbender Iroh]].
* PapaWolf: God forbid you do something bad to his son. He will go apeshit on you.
* RoyalsWhoActuallyDoSomething: He rather help out full frontal then stick around doing paperworks all day.
* SmokingIsCool: The reason why [[WordOfGod he smokes]]. Though he does this in secret.
* SurvivorGuilt: Why he sacrificed his freedom to be King and raise his son. He may be secretly resentful about it.
* TheHero: When compared to his son, at least!
* TheUnfavorite: How Abe treats him. Vlad doesn't know he's actually Abe's favorite son.
* WideEyedIdealist: He firmly believes or tries to achieve alliance from all kingdoms, but he's smart enough to know that some nations (Nippon Empire) just don't want to be allied with in which he at [[GenreSavvy least tries to stay on their good side]].
* [[TheWisePrince The Wise King]]
''"Me? Well, I like baseball."'''
Skulker is Vlad's best friend. He may be the general of the Dalvian armed force and ridiculously huge, but he's really [[GentleGiant sweet and adorable]]. He's loyal to Vlad and anyone whom he deems as a friend, causing him to be reliable and honest, not to mention a doormat. He's in love with Sam Manson, but is too shy to say anything about it.
* EnsembleDarkhorse The fans generally think he's adorable.
* EveryoneCanSeeIt: Except Sam. [[spoiler: Until [[HeyArnold Arnold]] told her. She's coping with this at the moment]].
* LawfulGood: He's more incline to obey the laws or at least his King.
* NoNameGiven: [[OnlyKnownByTheirNickname "Skulker" is a nickname]]. His real name has yet to be revealed.
* [[OlderThanTheyLook Older Than He Looks]]: Physically, he is 25. Chronologically, he is 54.
* PunchClockVillain: Used to be-under orders by Pariah Dark, he was a merciless soldier. He got better.
* SecondLove: Skulker has fallen in love once before.
* UndyingLoyalty: To everyone he cares for, but especially to Vlad. As a result, he has the honor of being the caretaker of Danny (as well as godson) should Vlad ever die; something that Vlad would ''never'' give to anyone.
* TheWoobie: According to the fans anyways.
* WouldntHitAGirl: He's too much of a gentleman.
''"I'll keep working hard to one day defeat you and win your heart!"''
A top spy for the Dalvian Kingdom, Valerie Gray is an 18-year-old ActionGirl. She is aggressive, hot tempered, and quick to judge. Her behavior is through the poor and rough life she led as a child while her job as a spy is due to her thieving past. She is currently in love with Danny and is resentful of Paulina because of it.
* CharacterDevelopment: Valerie is slowly realizing that Danny is out of her reach and that she must move on.
* ForcefulKiss: How she got her (and Danny) got their first kiss.
* IWantMyBelovedToBeHappy: She silently lets Danny and Paulina get married, but she wants every reason to subvert this. And it looks like Elliot wants to push that.
* LoveTriangle: How she sees herself
* UnluckyChildhoodFriend: Well, not ''friend'' per se.
''"Who knows? Maybe I can find myself, my purpose with this path."''
A 15-year-old orphan, freed from demons where she was their slave (among others). Sam is getting used to the world and her newfound freedom. She hopes to free the others who are enslaved by demonkind. Passionate, she often reacts whenever she feels something is wrong. At the same time, she is trying to find a [[DesperatelyLookingForAPurposeInLife meaning to her life]].
* AllGirlsWantBadBoys: Sam may like Danny ''because'' of his aggressive behavior.
* BetterAsFriends: How Sam sees herself with Skulker.
* ContemplateOurNavels: How Sam joins the army, quits, and continues her goal to find herself.
* ImportantHaircut: What Sam does when she joins the army. It's also meant to signify that she is now trying to find a path in her life.
* SlapSlapKiss: She's one of the few who calls Danny off, though she may like him for that.
* SoapBoxSadie: Of sorts
Danny's [[ABoyAndHisX dog]], Cujo fell from the sky for reasons unexplained. She is unusually green and possess a number of strange powers. She is drawn to both Danny and Vlad and is connected to the Seven Crystals. How and why remains to be seen. For now, she's a cute, playful, and loyal dog.
* ABoyAndHisX: Danny is this to Cujo. He seems to give more love to her then anyone.
* AmbiguousGender: Before [[WordOfGod I eventually ratted it out]], Cujo's true gender was kept out of the loop on purpose.
* PetTheDog: Literally. Danny absolutely adores Cujo.
* BetaCouple: With Technus
* ChildrenAreInnocent: At first. However he is currently 12, so he's getting to that point where he starts to see pass the black and white, which [[GrowingUpSucks may really crush his happy nature]].
* KidSidekick: Or at least that's how Kwan sees himself with Dash.
* ParentalAbandonment: His mother means well, but she is too busy with her job to spend time with him. As he gets older, he feels more resentful.
* PrecociousCrush: For Star.
* PuppyLove: Kwan/Star
* TagalongKid: Much to Dash's dismay
* BadAssBookworm: Oh, yes he is.
* BetaCouple: With Jazz
* CombatMedic: He doesn't want to be, but when push comes to shove...
* LoveAtFirstSight: Prior to meeting Jazz, he never believed in it.
* CoolCar: The Fenton RV is still here!
* FantasticRacism: Towards ghosts. He is unaware or in denial that his vast of anti-ghost weapons are technology first developed by ghosts.
* LargeHam: He's a very boisterous being.
* LoveTriangle: What he's going through with Vlad over Maddie.
The primary antagonist of the series. He's currently on a mad pursuit to claim his "papa" Vlad, even if it means destroying the entire universe to do so.
!!'''The Masters' Family'''
The [[RoyallyScrewedUp desolate, crude, eccentric, borderline]] ''[[RoyallyScrewedUp insane]]'' Royal family of Dalv Kingdom. It composes of senile, recovering-from-Stroke, racist former King '''Abraham Masters''', his incredibly [[MayDecemberRomance young wife]], the dim-witted '''Tiffany Snow''', their son '''William''', Vlad's older half-brother, the easily scared and panicky ManChild '''Duke''', his son, the shrewd, stupid, dumbass '''Elliot''', and distant [[AnnoyingYoungerSibling cousin]], '''Danielle'''.
* AristocratsAreEvil: Duke was practically a dictator during his reign. Vlad's ruling was a BIG sigh of relief.
* DysfunctionJunction: Completely.
* TheEmpire: During Abe's rule. Vlad's rule turned it into TheKingdom.
* HeirClubForMen: Abe's old fashion belief of having male heirs (despite his mother born under the Masters' household and acting Queen in her years)
* InTheBlood: The rumored evil gene tends to skip a generation, so it's cool. Unfortunately, Danny may have it.