!Batman[=/=]Bruce Wayne (Creator/BruceGreenwood)
* TheAtoner: Following Jason's death.
* BadassBaritone: Courtesy of BruceGreenwood.
* BerserkButton: Don't bring up Jason Todd, especially if you happen to be the Joker.
** [[spoiler: Don't force him to kill anyone. Even if that person deserves it.]]
* TheFettered: Unlike Red Hood.
* HeartbrokenBadass: A non-romantic version. Jason's death and [[spoiler: subsequent downfall into villainy]] left him broken and angry at himself for not being able to save Jason and leaving him with the wish that he could have done more for him if he had the chance.
* MyGreatestFailure: Jason's death and his downfall into becoming [[spoiler: Red Hood]].
!Nightwing[=/=]Dick Grayson (Creator/NeilPatrickHarris)
* ButtMonkey: Batman keeps leaving him behind.
* DeadpanSnarker: "I'm chatty. It's part of my charm."
* GameBreakingInjury: Injuring his leg while he and Batman chase after Red Hood both [[ShooOutTheClowns writes him out of the story]] and [[MythologyGag references him wearing a brace on his leg in the original comic.]]
!Robin II[=/=]Jason Todd (Vincent Martella)
* AntiHero: Flashbacks show him more willing to injure people than Batman would like.
* PosthumousCharacter: The story opens with his murder by the Joker.
* TimeShiftedActor: Yuong Jason is voiced by Alexander Martella. [[spoiler: And then there's [[Creator/JensenAckles Jason as Red Hood]].]]
!Alfred Pennyworth (Jim Piddock)
* DeadpanSnarker: As per usual.
!Red Hood[=/=][[spoiler:Jason Todd]] (Creator/JensenAckles)
* AntiVillain: [[WoobieDestroyerOfWorlds Type II]] with shades of [[WellIntentionedExtremist Type III]].
* AsskickingEqualsAuthority: He sets himself up as the drug kingpin in Gotham and rival to Black Mask by showing up at a meeting of the heads of the organizations under Mask's thumb and giving them a bag full of the heads of their lieutenants.
-->'''Hood:''' I did that in two hours. [[BadassBoast Wanna see what I can do with a whole evening?]]
* BigBadEnsemble: With the Joker.
* CameBackWrong: According to Ra's Al Ghul.
* ColdSniper: He kills three people from a significant distance without touching Batman or Nightwing standing to either side of them.
* CombatPragmatist: Though he has plenty of gadgets up his sleeves, he's not afraid to use anything in the environment to his advantage in a fight, and, as noted under TheUnfettered, is willing to use ''any'' methods necessary to gain an advantage.
* CoolHelmet: [[spoiler:It explodes too]].
* CrazyPrepared: To be expected, as a member of [[spoiler:the Bat Family]].
* FauxAffablyEvil: He has a rather snarky, personable, and somewhat laid back personality, is cool under fire and logical with always a few tricks up his sleeves and sharp tongue to match. However, this belies his true nature of an angry, violent, young man with serious emotional and (possible) mental issues.
* GunsAkimbo: Likes to to use a pair of handguns.
* TheHeavy: While he is the main antagonist and the one who drives the plot along for the majority of the film. It is The Joker who caused all that happened in the film to come about.
* KnifeNut: After the guns, before the fists, he has a knife that can cut Batman's cables.
* KnightTemplar: Believes that everything he has done, every life he has taken, has been in the name of bringing order and stability to Gotham.
-->[To Batman] "Yes. You can't stop crime. That's what you never understood. I'm controlling it. You wanna rule them by fear. But what do you do with the ones who aren't afraid? I'm doing what you won't, I'm taking them out!"
* TheReveal: Blood analysis shows that he's [[spoiler:Jason Todd.]]
* TheUnfettered: Will use whatever methods necessary, no matter how brutal or violent, to achieve his end goal of "cleaning up Gotham."
* WoobieDestroyerOfWorlds:[[spoiler:He was once the partner of Batman and a former juvenile delinquent whose hard background, brutal death at the hands of the Joker, and subsequent resurrection drove him over the edge to become the murderous KnightTemplar Red Hood.]]
* WouldNotHurtAChild: Threaten to kill any of the drug lords if they sold drugs to children.
* AxCrazy: As usual. The movie ''opens'' with him beating Jason Todd with a crowbar. ''Almost'' to death. Then the bombs finish it.
--> "[[PreMortemOneLiner May I have some water]]?"
* BigBadEnsemble: With Red Hood
* EvilSoundsDeep[=/=]GutturalGrowler: Highly unusual for the Joker, but this plays into his DarkerAndEdgier characterization.
* EvilIsHammy[=/=]LargeHam: This aspect of him hasn't changed.
* TheHeavy: This entire movie is entirely his fault, and he doesn't feel a ''drop'' of remorse for it.
* MonsterClown: Moreso than other incarnations.
* WouldHurtAChild: His ''first scene'' shows the Joker beating a teenage boy nearly to death.
!Black Mask (Creator/WadeWilliams)
* BadBoss: When ranting about Red Hood, he's willing to randomly punch his subordinates.
* CaptainObvious: During a rant about taking down the Red Hood.
-->'''Mask:''' [[LampshadeHanging Maybe my last request was too mired in subtlety.]] I want this man dead. When I say "dead", I mean "seriously ''dead''". Beaten. Broken! ''HIS-HEAD-MOUNTED-ON-MY-WALL'' KINDA DEAD!
-->'''Ms. Li:''' Understood. We'll be taking further precautions at every transaction.
-->'''Mask:''' Screw that! Time he learned that this is a contact sport. We're going on offense. Rough up ''his'' business; something big! Something ''loud''! When he shows up to shut us down, have a party waiting for him! And when I say "party" I actually mean a '''whole lot of people'' who are gonna KILL HIM!
-->'''Li:''' I figured.
-->'''Mask:''' Just being clear.
* EvenEvilHasStandards: He's clearly uncomfortable with hiring the Joker.
* HairTriggerTemper: Prone to beating up his subordinates for little to no reason. Though, to his credit, he is less homicidal than the comic version.
* LargeHam: His mannerisms are based on Creator/AlPacino in full overblown gangster mode.
* UnwittingPawn: Of the Red Hood.
!Ms. Li (Creator/KellyHu)
* DeadpanSnarker: Emphasis on deadpan.
-->'''Ms. Li''': [[MythologyGag Yes, Batman likes to keep things.]]
* TheDragon: To Black Mask. She doesn't do a lot onscreen, but she's apparently the one who organizes Black Mask's heists and plans out said heist's finer details.
* GenderFlip: Mr. Li in the comic.
* NumberTwo: To Black Mask.
** NotSoStoic: She loses her composure [[spoiler:while the Joker is holding her, Black Mask, and several drug dealers hostage, and is preparing to set them on fire]].
!Ra's al Ghul (Creator/JasonIsaacs)
* AffablyEvil: He states that he never resorts to violence or killing unless it's for a "greater cause" and is deeply remorseful that [[spoiler:his hiring of the Joker was ultimately what lead to Jason's murder; his attempt to fix things via Lazarus Pit resurrection is what sets off the main plot.]]
* TheAtoner: [[spoiler:After Jason's death, Ra's chooses not to oppose Batman again, and tries to resurrect Jason to try and repair the damage he inadvertantly caused]].
* EvenEvilHasStandards: He is greatly upset [[spoiler: by the death of Jason,]] calling it both unnecessary and brutal. Batman [[LampshadeHanging points out]] he never had a problem killing before. Ra's counters by pointing out he has [[KnightTemplar killed for a greater good]], never [[AxCrazy for laughs]] as Joker did.
* MyGodWhatHaveIDone: After his actions cause [[spoiler:Jason's death]], and again, after hearing of [[spoiler:Jason's actions as the Red Hood, following Ra's raising him from the dead]].
* UnwittingInstigatorOfDoom: [[spoiler:Twice. First, when his hiring of the Joker was ultimately what lead to Jason's murder. Second, when he did try to resurrect Jason to try and repair the damage he inadvertantly caused, but his actions [[CameBackWrong only made things worse]]]].