->''One thing to remember: Not believing in the things that go bump in the night is not ignorance; it is merely a safety for the mind.''
-->-- '''Devin Shaw''', first words of advice
''The Mind of the Nightmare'' is a blog in ''Franchise/TheFearMythos'' currently being updated by Devin Shaw. Shaw has recently found himself the target of a creature known as WebOriginal/TheRake, a terrifying creature that once haunted his sister in their childhood.
A first year college student, Devin now finds himself on the run, with his only lead being the advice of a stranger telling him to come to a motel.
It can be read [[http://mindofthenightmare.blogspot.com/ here]].
* DeadFic: The story hasn't been updated in years.
* TheDragon: "He’s always here, always watching. Always watching for Him.”
** The question is, for who (or what)?
*** It's heavily implied that the "Him" in question is [[spoiler: Slender Man.]]
* GenreSavvy: You have to give Devin credit. Once he realizes that something sinister has been going on he puts himself on the move.
* TheMentallyDisturbed: Sarah was driven to insanity by [[spoiler: The Rake]]
* HumanoidAbomination: The Rake, and later on [[spoiler: Slender Man.]]
* ThingsThatGoBumpInTheNight: The Rake, naturally.
* TroublingUnchildlikeBehavior: Sarah apparently never cried as an infant, and her first word was "rake".