[[http://countingitup.blogspot.com/ Make It Count]] is a blog by Celeste [=McLachlan=] (or 'Celie' if you're nice) chronicling the life of a Journalist.
...Well, it would have been had Celie's best friend, [[HeterosexualLifePartners Rose]] not been stalked by [[EldritchAbomination Slenderman]]. Oh! And there's even a Gentleman (or lady) Stalker who calls himself Practical Cat. ''Fun.''
And so follows one of the most well-written Slenderblogs, along with Character Development that even draws [[Blog/SeekingTruth Zeke Strahm]] into commenting.
!! Make It Count provides examples of:
* BeingWatched: Celeste's best friend, Rose was being stalked for at least two weeks by Slenderman.
* DontGoInTheWoods: Unfortunately for Celie, this becomes a requirement when she joins the search party for the Missing People. Factor in that she lives next to the local woods...
* GenreSavvy: Celeste, [[spoiler: after Rose's disappearance]] goes and reads ever blog she can get her hands on.
* Gorn: Try reading he description of [[spoiler: the bodies in the woods]] after eating. I dare you.
* IntrepidReporter: Celeste, of course.
* PoliceAreUseless: Subverted. While the police don't know Celeste's whole story, they do provide support and she even befriends a detective.
* ShoutOut: Considering Celeste is currently planning on going to Miskatonic University, I'd say Lovecraft would be one.
** Also, Dav Flamerock, a user involved in the [[Blog/JustAnotherFool Just Another Fool]] ARG as a graduate student in Miskatonic University who is studying the Slender Man myths, gets name dropped during Celie's rant at the "Cowboy Creeper."
* SuspiciouslyAproposMusic: Invoked when Celie is driving after [[spoiler: Rose's disappearance]]. She now drives without music.
* WickedStepmother: Angel doesn't exactly live up to her name...
** WordOfGod is that she's based on the author's RealLife experiences [[RealLifeWritesThePlot with her own stepmom]]. Brr.