->''"And then things get weird..."''
-->-- '''Caius Caligula'''
In August of 2010, people finally got fed up with Caius Caligula telling them about all the books he read, so he repurposed what was an angry rant blog and started doing book reviews instead. Here he has continued, through ScheduleSlip, a move to Tumblr, and a lack of anyone caring what was said, to review weird fiction books for anyone who would care to read. Recently, due to a habit of going to conventions and generally faffing about, Caius has added articles about the various places he goes to and faffs about, including an anime con and a book expo. He plans to do more of this sort of thing. The reviews are strange, normally starting with a "how I found this" anecdote, and WallOfText usually applies. Now back and updating weekly on both sites.
Blog can be found [[http://srmbc.tumblr.com here]], though that one is missing most of the "state of the blog" stuff. A more complete archive can be found [[http://srmbc.blogspot.com here]].
!!''Geek Rage'' provides examples of:
* AbortedArc: After the ScheduleSlip, a lot of the "Next time" stuff kind of tended to get lost in the shuffle.
* AccentuateTheNegative: Mostly inverted, with the exception of the review for ''TheMagicians'' and ''Ghosts of Manhattan''.
* AffectionateParody: The colors used in his HouseOfLeaves [[http://srmbc.blogspot.com/2011/02/house-of-leaves.html review]].
* AllAnimeIsNaughtyTentacles: The blog's tagline reads "We are Cthulhu, You are Japan", referencing this and Kaiju
* TheArtifact: The title of the blog is left over from its old days as a Rant Blog. Caius just never changed it.
* BerserkButton: Lazy writing, certain authors, disappointing sequels, Tumblr's formatting, not properly loading ChekhovsGun.
* CatchPhrase: "And then things get weird."
** Also: "Okay, the rundown is as follows."
* CausticCritic: Inverted most times. He seems to enjoy almost every book he reads, with a few special cases, which he apologizes for.
* ColorCodedForYourConvenience: In the old days. Reviews were colored green, site stuff was colored red, and personal comments were neutral-colored.
* DeadpanSnarker: Mostly in the footnotes, but the con accounts get a decent helping of this
* FootnoteFever: More and more common after May 2011, as there seem to be footnotes on every review. During his NekoCon 2012 article, he actually runs out of footnotes and starts using "^"
* PurpleProse: You can usually tell when a bad review is coming when the writing style shifts towards this
* PrecisionFStrike: Once in every bad review. Lampshaded heavily.
* RunningGag: In his NYCC articles.
*** Considering how long he let the joke go during the last part of the article, could count as a BrickJoke
** Calling his friends "Greg", except for the regular characters seems to be an infrequent one.
* SelfDeprecation: Every time Caius does a video or a personal article, expect at least one crack about his weight, physical appearance, abhorrent personality, or lack of a social life.
* SitcomArchNemesis: George Mann, it would seem.
* TakeThat: Creator/JamesJoyce, Creator/AynRand, George Mann, Lev Grossman, Tumblr's formatting issues (said formatting issue jokes also doubling as BitingTheHandHumor).
* ViewersAreGeniuses: Tosses off obscure literary, philosophy, and film references almost once a review
* WallOfText: Every review is a load of this.