[[folder: Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu 2 ]]
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El7TpDO-Eps Danger]], the boss battle theme. Fast-paced, segues from fast to dangerous to victorious to slow and about to burst and back again, and really gets a person's blood racing.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1S7gJ6J-xw The Oracle]], used for the Dark Lich battle. Starts out with three ominous gongs and just gets creepier from there. Fun trivia: most of the sound from the song comes from the Indonesia chanting called Kecak. Kecak is comprised of 5 different groups chanting in different patterns in unison, which gives it its unique sound. And true to this form, 5 sound channels out of eight on the SNES audio chip are dedicated to the chanting.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2Us6Bg4pw8 Meridian Dance]]. The final boss music. Words do not do it justice, just listen. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kkXHvb8oFw And here's the orchestrated version!]]
* On the calmer side of things, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk4jTQPF42E Fear of the Heavens]], the opening theme, begins with the distant cry of a dragon, and fully pulls the gamer into the ambiance of the game.
* All three Flammie themes qualify.
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19MQKRQw4nk Flight Into The Unknown]] is a happy affair, highlighting the sense of freedom the player gets from receiving a white dragon as a GlobalAirship.
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrydlhbLx_A The Dark Star]], however, is a heavy-hearted, somber tune. Appropriate, as it replaces Flight Into The Unknown after [[spoiler: The Lost Continent, and the Mana Fortress, rise from the sea]].
** And [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpPLmSg0BAk Prophecy]], the theme that plays after [[spoiler: the Mana Fortress rises]], is a fast-paced, exotic-sounding tune, making good use of bells.
* The overworld theme, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3oxjanw72w Into the Thick of It]], never manages to get old despite playing very often in the game.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh9IRMwYU8A A Curious Tale]] which plays in Southtown and on Gold City. This is one of the best town themes in all [=RPGs=]. Suffice to say - there's a ''reason'' that the composer is the 2nd credit listed in the opening.
* The incredibly soothing [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8sGSKE5j14 "Still of the Night"]], theme of Puritas. The song really conveys that the player set foot in a sacred place, untouched by humans. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KVONffmTGw The Genesis version (from an Arrange album)]] of the song is even better.
* Both of the ice world themes are among the more powerfully atmospheric tracks in the game. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFaHsU_Qd_M "A Wish",]] the theme of the Crystal Forest, uses its haunting minimalist scoring to convey a real sense of the stillness of a cold winter's day, the snow thick on the ground. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KQ_-p7iILo "A Bell is Tolling",]] the Ice Palace theme, opens with an even more eerie passage in which the player can practically hear the ice shimmering all around, then picks up the pace to give a sense of urgency to the dungeon.
[[folder: Seiken Densetsu 3 ]]
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEgLRP5GH3A The Sacrifice, Part III]], the final battle theme.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u107vJFlFg Nuclear Fusion]].
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV1wgR7ooVs Meridian Child]]. It embodies experiencing pain and loss, yet pushing through it out of sheer determination, finding the strength to continue forwards and do what you can to right the wrongs in the world. The entire point of the song is the characters getting out of their funk after their early-game loss, and finding the strength to not only face anything that comes their way, but triumph over it. It's their optimistic attitude in grim circumstances giving them the strength to continue on no matter what's thrown at them, doing what they can to help others out no matter how painful it is to them.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yaV-0EVdVs Decision Bell]].
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcgW8FaTpjo High Tension Wire]].
* And the new opening theme, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwiKnBglB8c Where Angels Fear to Tread]], every bit as sobering as Fear of the Heavens and ''then'' some.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sVf2O-0RjE Innocent Water]].
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JHMxkU4lZM Delicate Affection]].
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l69BmvIc2EE Hope Isolation Pray]].
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCA1fSbCYC0 Farewell Song]].
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-GoSVR0Py0 Legend]]. Shame it gets used so rarely.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUwi41c-xTI Frenzy]].
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MjUNNxcFUk Ancient Dolphin]].
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V2g4tXYxeg Electric Talk]].
[[folder: Legend of Mana ]]
* Continuing the venerable tradition of awesome music in the ''Seiken Densetsu'' series, Yoko Shimomura's soundtrack for ''Legend of Mana'' is arguably Shimomura's own, real-life SugarWiki/MomentOfAwesome.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFbvp1kkDlI Song of Mana]], one of the best opening tunes ever. The reprise of the song for [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXSuAPqmSbo the ending]] is just as spectacular.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sl-TjTB7OE Daedal's Organ]].
* Most of the boss themes count, particularly [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elu5LoFiiXE The Darkness Nova]] and [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs2BhOIO4fg Pain The Universe]]. The final boss theme, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nVqEYv_Ris The Gloaming]], is also badass.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HRzKkD20YM Cities of Flickering Destruction]]. Doubly so for the [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnzJBVg5uwQ Drammatica]] edition.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q10Ekkitn2E Holy Power of Mana]].