In all likelihood, any song you remember from this show, [[EarWorm for better or worse]], can be linked to either Joe Raposo or Tony Geiss. Oh, the tantrums that have been stopped... Jeff Moss, Sam Pottle, and Christopher Cerf also deserve credit.
* During the show's first few years, Stevie Wonder performed one of the best versions of "Superstition" ever! [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ul7X5js1vE Listen for yourself!]]
* How about the show's [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmcdBnj4ZOg theme song]]?
* Ernie's "Rubber Duckie" ([[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh85R-S-dh8 Official Video here]]) was a ''huge'' hit (#10 on the Billboard pop charts!) in 1970.
* Even bigger, Creator/TheCarpenters [[CoveredUp cover]] of "Sing" rose to #3 in 1973.
* Music/RayCharles' cover of "Bein' Green" (recorded for his 1975 album ''Renaissance'' and later featured on ''Series/TheCosbyShow'') is as awesome as it is gorgeously uplifting. He performed his version on the Street in 1989.
* The wonderful [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oFPveNebPE closing credits music]] that used to accompany Friday episodes, complete with Toots Thielemans' mellow, bluesy harmonica rendition of the theme and the unforgettable [[https://youtu.be/3hXwBAA8IUA "Funky Chimes"]] music.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqJjrtDFGpI "Put Down the Duckie"!]]
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNBVTCJ9Dks On The Subway]]" - which also has one of the all time great GettingCrapPastTheRadar moments at 1:21 when a passenger says "You might lose your purse and you might lose something worse on the subway"!
* "Pinball Number Count". Fun Fact: Yes, that is The Pointer Sisters singing it. "1-2-3 '''4-5''' 6-7-8 '''9-10''' 11-12!"
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLgF1CA56yg Telephone Rock]] qualifies as well.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp9B7-Yd7XQ Rock & Roll Readers]].
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdcHzquaMh8 It's Hip to be a Square]], a Huey Lewis parody.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7h2n1h6kEM (I Can't Get No) Cooperation]], A Rolling Stones parody.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1q5PUGGW5E "Green Grow the Rushes Go".]]
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mAfxJb7c5Q "Nothing! Never! No! N!"]]
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyupP2LxbZI "The Word is 'No'"]], featuring a music video produced by noted music video producer Jim Blashfield.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FCUrNxnCPw Happy to Be Me]]. Sure, it dates itself, but that bass line is sick.
* [[http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/ba5a9d8c-155f-11dd-a62f-919b98326687 Street Garden Cooperation]].
* "Keep Christmas with You", both [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5PEVKuAro the original]] and [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiPI5c1KPx4 the remix]].
* Philip Glass' [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch-R1aIM-C0 "Geometry of Circles"]] music. All four clips are pure minimalist goodness, and while they are all based around the same framework, they each play out quite differently to keep things interesting.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeNO56xNlZo I Don't Want to Live on the Moon]].
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR6IJ03kQ8w Wait right here at The Bus Stop sign]].
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV9rKeC4FEc Don't Walk]].
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgfWCT1Dogo Don't Walk (That what the sign says)]] with Patti Labelle.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNMwRH5UGYY Monster In the Mirror.]]
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7yAe2MBIpE The Batty Bat.]]
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOe4BZAHqmM Standing at the Bus Stop Sign.]] with The Four Tops, and watch for the cameo for Big Bird as the bus driver at the end.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1C5r3r7zms One Way]] also deserves a mention.
* Sesame Street Creature Feature: [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCi8L_b_I3c The Marmoset]]. Besides the truly groovy spoken-word performance by Joe Raposo, contains the slyly hilarious lines "And are there things to share, when you're a marmoset? / But do you really care, when you're a marmoset..."
* Another so-oddball-it's-awesome Creature Feature: Props to Christopher Cerf for creating the best (and possibly only) song about [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTNUAqx-xDs how awesome manatees are]].
* Another Sesame Street Creature Feature segment: [[http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x37k5un_ss-creature-feature-tiger_tv The Tiger]]. Composed by Joe Raposo and sung by Northern Calloway (who played David on the show). Includes a spoken ending line: "You are such a magnificent animal, and I am really a nice person. And you wouldn't do anything funny, Would you? Oh boy!"
* The relentlessly upbeat Creature Feature intro deserves a mention of its own. "Birds in the sky! Beasts on the land! Fish in the sea and bugs in ''your'' hand!"
* Although a lot of people get on Cookie Monster's case for eating fruits and vegetables in addition to cookies, they don't seem to remember that Cookie has promoted healthy eating as far back as 1987. Back then, however, [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2v7gyqRlUo he rapped about it. Awesomely.]]
* In 2015, the show's 1995 GreatestHitsAlbum ''[[Music/SesameStreetPlatinumAllTimeFavorites Platinum All-Time Favorites]]'' was inducted in the UsefulNotes/NationalRecordingRegistry, quite possibly the ''[[SeriousBusiness highest honor any recording can receive]]'', for being "historically, culturally and aesthetically important." You don't get more awesome than that!
* Awesome or not, pretty sure there hasn't been any ''Sesame Street'' song quite as bizarre (or funny) as [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZidkXkFhjc "Do De Rubber Duck"]].
* Bet you never thought Kermit could have a better anthem than "Bein' Green," right? [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAv75mTimRc Sam Pottle begs to differ.]]