Considering that the soundtrack is done by YukiKajiura, CrowningMusicOfAwesome is a foregone conclusion.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmK2EFfzqLs Magia]], performed by Kalafina. It functions both as AutobotsRockOut and the EndingTheme.
** There's also an instrumental version, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrJM6GJeLLY Witch]].
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Chwj5JEww English!Magia]] is incredible.
*** Take the English fandub [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BRW_kweYI8 and raise it by this much awesome.]]
** The [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HIoCUgyCaE Slow Version]] of Magia is simply magnificent.
*** Bonus points for being a happy SHAFT accident. Along with many animation errors, all the BGM used for the TV airing of Episode 1 somehow ended up being played at 80% speed. This ended up giving Magia a darker, epic sound. The fixed release is sometimes seen as a downgrade.
** In the "Hikaru Furu" single, we get a remix of Magia called [[http://soundcloud.com/akayronbyinternet/03-magia-quattro Magia (quattro)]] and it is amazing.
** How about [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3E2XK-NiQA Melodic Taste's orchestral version?]]
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ClPz9FMdIE Teungxx, aka the Screamer Violinist, plays this on his violin]].
* [[http://vimeo.com/32377089 Connect]], the [[AnimeThemeSong Opening Theme]], definitely counts for being creatively used by the series, since ItMakesSenseInContext by Episode 10.
** Also [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUmDKWQtchw the instrumental version/techno remix]] from Kyoko's DDR game.
*** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dyuODQIzFE DDR X3]] defictionalizes this.
** There's also Miku-Tan's [[http://kiwi6.com/file/0rzgta3q0l fandubbed version]].
** And [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPDo7wiFu1U Melodic Taste's instrumental orchestral version.]]
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziz_NVUaYws And now in a Karaoke version!]]
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNo2l-q7zT8 Tuengxx the Screamer Violinist arranges it nicely.]]
* ''[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv39ypUDWBU Salve, terrae magicae]]'' (Welcome to the World of Magic) is the song that is played when we first meet Homura and is also the next episode preview theme.
* Mami's theme, ''Credens justitiam'' (Believe in Justice) is awesome, both in it's [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1MDyecckpk original version]] and in its more widely known [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QEa4TiHDBA Nico version.]] [[spoiler:Just be careful not to lose your head over it.]]
** Kalafina made a new version of the song, [[http://soundcloud.com/swiztastic/kalafina-mirai Mirai]], for the movie.
** [=FictionJunction=] also performed it [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhb5knjXxc8 live in concert]].
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTNQNkQCoXA "Sis, puella magica!"]] (You Should Be A Magical Girl!), the theme of Kyubey and the Puella Magi, is wonderfully haunting and emotional.
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4PN43PVw5s Another version of the song, played in violin and percussion.]]
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m6tWTGfUwg And the piano version.]]
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT0hDTsNais Another version.]] Good God, this song is so popular, isn't it?
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3At82O-zQw Mechanical Music Box Version]]. This rendition actually sounds more melancholy than the norm, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtMwqJYGBug as does this digitally made music box mix]] done in Edirol Orchestral.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaSBoNdMg8s "Desiderium"]] (Longing), played during Madoka's mundane (and happy) scenes. [[spoiler:Trivia: If you listen carefully, some parts of it resemble "Sis, puella magica!"]]
** And here's a [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrYI4hBfptk Music box version.]]
* Speaking of happy scenes, there's also "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1jWjIL3Axw Scaena felix]]" [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin (A Happy Scene)]].
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl7mFBPQGgo Postmeridie]]" (In the Afternoon), played during school scenes.
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x9ycb48axU Symposium magarum]]" (Symposium of Witches), the theme of Oktavia von Seckendorff. Very dark and dramatic, and captures quite well the tragedy of [[spoiler:Sayaka Miki]].
** [[spoiler:Sayaka]]'s actual theme, "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcgEHrwdSO4 Decretum]]" (Decree), is just as tragic-sounding.
** Sayaka and Kyoko's image song duet, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH6NB2F-Jcw and I'm home]], that plays at the end of the DVD/Blu-ray version of Episode 9 is awesome. [[spoiler: And so sad. So very, very sad.]]
*** Now has a couple of [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Ms5efS95A English]] [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3-QG3mhWG8 versions]].
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f4mmI9ybq0 Conturbatio]]" (Disorder) is played when Homura makes her first appearance. It's also Sayaka's other theme song.
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eLlZZsNENg Signum malum]]" (Bad Omen) is the melancholic track that plays when [[spoiler: Madoka and Homura defeat Walpurgisnacht together in the third timeline but corrupt their Soul Gems. Shortly after that, Madoka asks Homura to kill her to prevent her from becoming a witch]]. You could say that this is [[spoiler:DarkReprise version of "Sis, puella magica!"]]
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ1nPERg2XY Venari strigas]]" (Witch Hunt) plays during the hunt of Charlotte in Episode 3. Its dark tone is rather appropriate for [[WhamEpisode the mood of that scene]].
* "[[http://soundcloud.com/stopitsgingertime/mahou-shoujo-madoka-magica-ost Sagitta luminis]]" (Arrow of Light), aka [[spoiler:[[FanNickname Godoka's]]]] theme from the last episode, and quite possibly the most beautiful tune in the entire series.
** [[http://soundcloud.com/xiaobiyao152/01-hikari-furu Hikari Furu]], Kalafina's version of "Sagitta Luminis". As beautiful as Mirai (Credens justitiam) was.
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1C-R8Tg8Os Cubilulum album]]" (White Bedroom) is the song that's playing during [[spoiler: Madoka's and Homura's heart wrenching goodbye]].
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTdwLH7nJ78 Taenia memoriae]]" (The Ribbon of Memories) is the sweeping and touching piano track that is played when [[spoiler: Homura meets Madoka's family on the river bank after Madoka ceases to exist]].
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4Fea8S1S_I Surgam identidem]]" (I Shall Always Rise), [[spoiler:Walpurgisnacht's]] Theme is definitely one of the most epic songs of the entire show. The fact that it was played during a CrowningMomentOfAwesome only makes it even more memorable.
** And speaking of [[spoiler:Walpurgisnacht]], there is [[spoiler:"[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN426dP4WGw Nux Walpurgis]]" (Night of Walpurgis), played when [[DeterminedDefeatist Homura]] [[DespairEventHorizon realized]] [[HopelessBossFight how screwed]] [[FailureIsTheOnlyOption she is.]]]]
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjt7gUS4CPI Numquam vincar]]" (I Will Never Be Defeated) is an epic, rocking theme [[WastedSong that only got used once in the anime proper.]]
** Granted, that one time happened to be [[spoiler: when [[ShrinkingViolet Homura]] started [[TookALevelInBadass powerleveling in Badassery]].]]
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifdIvie8YFg Puella in somnio]]" (The Girl in the Dream), dark and mysterious, but with an unmistakable deep sadness. Incredibly fitting as Homura's theme song.
** And Homura's other theme, "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISGDAXsS8c8 Inevitabilis]]" (Inevitable). Although it's less AwesomeMusic than it is [[TearJerker Tearjerking]] Music. [[spoiler:A [[DarkReprise sad reprise]] version of ''Puella in somnio''.]]
* For Kyoko's theme, we have "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYlrQvKaoMQ Anima mala]]" (Evil Soul). The slow and dark sounds of the song give us an idea of what she's gone through.
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4ATzAmE7W4 Incertus]]" (Uncertainty) perfectly captures Madoka's grief.
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEFO2eJugPM Confessio]]" (Confession) is playing in the background when Madoka's mother and teacher are having a conversation after [[spoiler: Sayaka's funeral]].
** And speaking of [[spoiler:Sayaka's funeral]], the song that is playing during that scene is called "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngPvt91Nm0k Serena ira]]" (Peaceful Wrath).
* And then there's the BGM music that plays during Episode 6's WhamLine, "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYuz_7jWYXI Pugna infinita]]" (Endless Fight).
* Here are two other battle themes: "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5hiZ-OHE6U Pugna cum maga]]" (A Duel with a Witch) and "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZGVdyf_nMQ Agmen clientum]]" (Army of Minions).
** "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PckXp6URcMs Gradus prohibitus]]" (Forbidden Steps), played when we were introduced to the world of witches for the first time.
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bufDz4kOAPI Pergo pugnare]]" (I Continue To Fight), is the song that played during [[spoiler:conclusion of the series, when Homura decides to keep on fighting the new threat.]]
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcOww1kaKGE Clementia]]" (Compassion), a calm, somber tune that [[WastedSong only ever got used once, in episode 6,]] [[FromBadToWorse right before things got really bad]]. [[spoiler:Of course, considering [[DarkerAndEdgier the tune]] [[CosmicHorrorStory of the show....]]]]
** And another song, "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y9rudSc4VQ Amicae carae meae]]" (My [[ShipTease Beloved]] Friends).
* The news that [=ClariS=] and Kalafina would perform new theme songs for the movies excited the fandom. Lo and behold, [[http://soundcloud.com/girimu/claris-luminous Luminous]] did not disappoint.
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__q9fsZa5vk Mata Ashita]]" (See You Tomorrow), a song regarded as Madoka's Character Song [[spoiler:and played at the end of the first two episodes on the Blu Ray release.]] Sounds sweet and peppy, like most MagicalGirl anime theme songs, [[spoiler:until you understand the lyrics, which tell about a lonely girl.]]
* The opening theme from the browser game [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRBZseKQJzM Madoka Online]] is breathtaking.
* From the ''Agedum! Puella Magica!'' doujin album, we have [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3cZbQaqYN4 Nocte of Desperatio]] by Chata. Note: This song does ''not'' involve YukiKajiura in any way, but fits perfectly as Homura's theme song.