* Ben's theme "Dharmacide", "Life and Death", and "Locke'd Out Again". Michael Giacchino earned his Emmy award for this show.
* One of ''Lost''s most famous usages of non-original music was "Make Your Own Kind of Music" in the season 2 première, in which [[ItWasHisSled Desmond plays it in the hatch]] during the opening scene. Not only it caused a crazy SoundtrackDissonance, but had lyrics which still define the characteristics of the character introduced to this day.
* The leitmotif of the season four finale, "There's No Place Like Home". The [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEVCE6aTmhw heartwarming version of the plane landing]] becomes [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cvkHv-pO6M the theme of terrible impending doom later on]], but it's powerful nonetheless.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXcxctR3gVs The Lost Untangled Goodbye song.]]
* The opening of season 2, after we see [[spoiler:Desmond in the hatch]] going about a normal life. After an explosion interrupts him, he uses a series of mirrors to look further and further through the complex. His gaze continues up a shaft to the faces of none other than [[spoiler:our heroes throughout the first season, on the island]].
* Season 3, "Tricia Tanaka Is Dead:" Hurley and Charlie are trying to jumpstart a van by rolling it down a hill and popping the clutch. Just as they are about to crash into some big rocks, the engine fires up, and the car's tape deck starts playing "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwZOmB9Fi30 Shambala]]"
* John Locke's second theme, which appears often during his flashbacks, is a [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_btA1bS53w fantastic, emotional piece]] that accurately portrays how far he's come.
* The music from [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUEEHHqYqww "Exodus"]] is stunning, especially over the saying goodbye montage in the episode.
* Similarly Ben's theme, known as "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xkfa6AZKmw Dharmacide]]" is almost perfect in representing Ben. There's the sinister first part, the tragic second part and a sort of mixing together for the thrid. Pure bliss. Also the S5 Ben centric version is even better
* [[spoiler:Jacob]]'s [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAcajVxX4q4 wonderfully mysterious theme]] from The Incident, which goes with the opening scene perfectly.
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeuH2nK91P4 Hollywood and Vines]]", aka the "setting off" theme as it always plays when a group is going off to explore the jungle and has an air of adventure and mystery about it.
* The haunting "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aIvbg91Hvg Ocean's Apart]]", which plays at the end of "Stranger in a Strange Land". It serves as Juliet's character theme. Especially in "The Incident" when they combine the "Ocean's Apart" theme with the frantic strings and the "Life and Death" theme while [[spoiler:Juliet is being pulled down into the Swan]]. Hauntingly poignant.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceAm3xGaP24 Desmond's theme]], anyone? It most famously plays as he [[spoiler:calls Penny]] in TheConstant. It can be seen/heard in that context [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHlNFo25y7M here]].
* The theme introduced in the episode "Across the Sea" that serves as a theme for the light at the heart of the island. While some may debate whether or not the light was properly executed as the mysterious source of everything, the music sure as hell sells this aspect perfectly, inspiring the right balance of awe and apprehension.
* The medley of themes from the final scene of the show as [[spoiler:the various characters meet up in the afterlife and Jack dies peacefully on the island]] is a ''guaranteed'' tearjerker. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5wOHIi7xCU 'Moving On']]. You ''will'' be bawling by the seven minute mark.
* The song "Downtown" which plays during the opening scene of the third season and introduces us to Juliet; the music gives this scene such an unsettling normalcy, and watching it for the first time leaves viewers questioning if they're on the right show.
* The theme that frequently plays when important characters die or during other emotional moment is "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hre5fkdq-0 Life and Death]]." Used when [[spoiler:Jack resuscitates Charlie, when Shannon learns about Boone's death, when the passengers get onboard Flight 815 in the flashback in "Exodus, Part 2," when Charlie dies, when Sun brings Ji-Yeon to Jin's grave, when Juliet dies, when Sun and Jin dies, and when Jack 'remembers' his life on the island]], among other moments.