%% ZeroContextExample entries are not allowed on wiki pages. All such entries have been commented out. Do not uncomment them without expanding them to explain what makes the use of a particular track for a particular scene awesome.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM3mcTS8NMo The opening TV theme]]. 15 seconds of EarWorm goodness.
* ''Series/HowIMetYourMother'' is usually modest with the music. But when the characters sing, you'd better listen. Exhibit A: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVUekHmY87M "You Just Got Slapped"]]. Neil Diamond-esque. Props to Segel.
* And [[Creator/NeilPatrickHarris Barney's]] first real song in "Girls vs. Suits" was well worth the 100 episode wait. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiweaZQ8g5U Here we go]].
* Fairly sure a [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-OGD2DgIHI video resume]] cannot get more awesome than this.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF1b1pf9DRY "Come on Jessica, come on Tori, let's go to the mall, you won't be SOREY!"]]
%%* Really, [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCAiBmA_bK8 any]] [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hqklWJxUTo Robin Sparkles]]/[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdEExeQ8D8U Daggers]] song.
%%* Marshall v. The Machines from "Subway Wars".
* [[Creator/NeilPatrickHarris Barney]] and Ted's six-man version of Billy Joel's [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJT4L7HGKzQ "For the Longest Time"]].
%%* "Groove is in the Heart" by Deee-Lite in the Season 7 premiere, which was also part of a BigLippedAlligatorMoment.
* The use of [[Music/FlorenceAndTheMachine "Shake It Out"]] at the end of "No Pressure" as Ted has finally moved on from Robin and has made peace with the fact they won't get together.
%%* The Mosbius Designs auto tune remix is both this and a Crowning Music of Funny.
* The Mother's rendition of "La Vie En Rose" in "How Your Mother Met Me". After breaking up with her long term boyfriend and realizing that she finally let her [[TheLostLenore lost love go]], she still sits down and sings a song about looking at life through rose colored glasses.
* The chorus of "Victoria" by Music/TheKinks in "The Naked Truth" made the initial reappearance of Victoria feel HUGE.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyAJ4V06izg Hi. One ticket to Farhampton, please.]]
* Music/BlocParty's "This Modern Love" in the Season 1 finale when Ted and Robin finally became a couple and it became a TearJerker when Ted got home and found Marshall, sitting outside of the apartment and mournfully holding Lily's engagement ring.
* "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by Music/TheProclaimers which became the official RoadTrip song ever since Marshall's tape got stuck on the player and that track had been [[EarWorm playing over and over again]].
%%* For most of Barney's plays in his playbook, the third movement of Mozart's Piano Sonata No. 11 is played.
%%* The Boyz II Men remix of "You Just Got Slapped".
* While it was an otherwise controversial ending, the soft rendition of "Downtown Train" by Everything But The Girl is a wonderful way to underscore Ted and Tracy finally meeting for the first time. Additionally, even detractors of the finale could find something wonderful in the final song used in the series, [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOHlNR7Iq_U "Heaven" by The Walkmen]], a nostalgic, poignant, and yet still optimistically upbeat song.
* [[Creator/LinManuelMiranda Gus]]'s [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTsI-JFraCA rap]] in "Bedtime Stories", when Marshall is unable to find a suitable rhyme for "Canada" and looks to the next passenger for help.
* The use of "Prophets" by AC Newman over Ted's monologue at the end of "The Leap". Easily one of the most [[SugarWiki/HeartwarmingMoments positive]] and [[SugarWiki/MomentOfAwesome awesome]] endings in the series.
* Robin's therapist boyfriend says, "About the only unhealthy behavior I haven't seen is physical violence!" [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGdsta6w2Vk Cut to rapid-fire montage of the gang whaling on each other, set to "Murder Train"]].
%%* The three groups of Teds & Barneys singing an a capella cover of Billy Joel's "[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CueDiITGcIs The longest Time]]."