%% ZeroContextExample entries are not allowed on wiki pages. All such entries have been commented out. Do not uncomment them without expanding them to explain what makes the use of a particular track for a particular scene awesome.
* ''Series/HowIMetYourMother'' is usually modest with the music. But when the characters sing, you'd better listen. Exhibit A: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVUekHmY87M "You Just Got Slapped"]]. Neil Diamond-esque. Props to Segel.
* And [[Creator/NeilPatrickHarris Barney's]] first real song in "Girls vs. Suits" was well worth the 100 episode wait. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiweaZQ8g5U Here we go]].
* Fairly sure a [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-OGD2DgIHI video resume]] cannot get more awesome than this.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTDKrAGRKVY The opening TV theme]]. 15 seconds of EarWorm goodness.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF1b1pf9DRY "Come on Jessica, come on Tori, let's go to the mall, you won't be SOREY!"]]
%%* Marshall v. The Machines from "Subway Wars".
* [[Creator/NeilPatrickHarris Barney]] and Ted's six-man version of Billy Joel's [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJT4L7HGKzQ "For the Longest Time"]].
%%* "Prophets" by AC Newman perfectly fits at the last scene of the season 4 finale.
%%* "Groove is in the Heart" by Deee-Lite in the Season 7 premiere, which was also part of a BigLippedAlligatorMoment.
* The use of [[Music/FlorenceAndTheMachine "Shake It Out"]] at the end of "No Pressure" as Ted has finally moved on from Robin and has made peace with the fact they won't get together.
%%* The Mosbius Designs auto tune remix is both this and a Crowning Music of Funny.
* The Mother's rendition of "La Vie En Rose" in "How Your Mother Met Me". After breaking up with her long term boyfriend and realizing that she finally let her [[TheLostLenore lost love go]], she still sits down and sings a song about looking at life through rose colored glasses.
* The chorus of "Victoria" by Music/TheKinks in "The Naked Truth" made the initial reappearance of Victoria feel HUGE.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyAJ4V06izg Hi. One ticket to Farhampton, please.]]
* Music/BlocParty's "This Modern Love" in the Season 1 finale when Ted and Robin finally became a couple and it became a TearJerker when Ted got home and found Marshall, sitting outside of the apartment and mournfully holding Lily's engagement ring.
%%* "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by Music/TheProclaimers which became the official RoadTrip song.
%%* For most of Barney's plays in his playbook, the third movement of Mozart's Piano Sonata No. 11 is played.
%%* The Boyz II Men remix of "You Just Got Slapped".
* While it was an otherwise controversial ending, the soft rendition of "Downtown Train" by Everything But The Girl is a wonderful way to underscore Ted and Tracy finally meeting for the first time.
* [[Creator/LinManuelMiranda Gus's]] [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTsI-JFraCA rap]] in "Bedtime Stories", when Marshall is unable to find a suitable rhyme for "Canada" and looks to the next passenger for help.