[[folder:Opening & Ending Themes]]
We could easily say ''every single opening and every single ending from both animes''. Yes, they are ''that'' good. But if we get specific:
* From [[Anime/FullmetalAlchemist the first series]]:
** The very first opening to the 2003 series, [[http://soundcloud.com/lojageekmania/full-metal-alchemist-melissa "Melissa"]].
** [[http://soundcloud.com/klaudio-fernandez-gonzalez/02-ready-steady-go "READY STEADY GO"]], the first and main song adult swim used throughout its run, and the second opening overall. Zebrahead's [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd4zl9cX02A English-language cover]] is pretty intense, too.
** COOL JOKE's [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7gvzEKiA7k "Undo"]] as the 3rd opening is pretty amazing. It's pretty catchy, and it also fits the Elrics to a T.
** Opening 4: ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION's [[http://soundcloud.com/user6076150/rewrite-fma "Rewrite"]]. One of the most well known songs from the anime. Darling Thieves' [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFYShclWLwE cover]] of it is a whole different flavor.
** The first ending theme song, [[http://vimeo.com/41719605 "Kesenai Tsumi"]].
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqWZZklPZ7o "Tobira no Mukou e"]], the second ending. It's especially wonderful if you look up the lyrics.
** Crystal Kay's [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxYJGX7y0Ts "Motherland"]], the third ending theme, is very touching.
** The fourth ending, [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07DqhnVX-QY "I Will"]], is strangely catchy.
** [[http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Link/5e0sGn?src=5 "Link"]] and [[http://soundcloud.com/kagami-sama/lost-heaven "LOST HEAVEN"]], the opening and ending themes to the ''Conqueror of Shamballa'' movie.
* From ''[[Manga/FullmetalAlchemist Brotherhood]]'':
** The first opening theme [[http://soundcloud.com/hdanimes/fullmetal-brother-op-01-again-yui "again"]], which, like "Brothers" below, is both heart-wrenching and beautiful.
** [[http://soundcloud.com/makemagic-1/hologram-nico-touches-the "Hologram"]], the second opening, is normally really good, but being reused for the ending photo montage was possibly the best way imaginable to bring the series to a close.
** It may not be as epic as some of the other opening themes, but [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmOOdop6SeI "Golden Time Lover"]], the third opening, makes up for it through sheer [[EarWorm catchiness.]]
** CHEMISTRY gets music of awesome with [[http://soundcloud.com/hdanimes/fullmetal-brother-op-04-period-chemistry "Period"]], the fourth opening. This is the best way to start an episode.
** The 5th Opening [[http://vimeo.com/34858708 "Rain"]] by SID is too beautiful for words. The [[http://vimeo.com/17644727 full version]] of the song as well as the [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8GIo_YDHkU MIDI version]] are also incredibly awesome, with the MIDI doubling as a Crowning Music of Heartwarming, especially if you consider the meaning behind the lyrics. Special mention should probably go to the use of it in Episode 61 of ''Brotherhood''. The episode begins with it conspicuously absent; fitting, since this is the equivalent of [[DarkestHour Chapter 104]]. [[spoiler:Everyone is "dead" and Father appears to have won]]. It doesn't play until [[spoiler:Hohenheim's circle activates that reverses the whole thing, returning everyone to life]], and that song playing over the scene just about doubles the already-high levels of [[CrowningMomentOfAwesome awesome]] and [[CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming heartwarming]].
** [[http://vimeo.com/29533942 "Uso"]], the first ending to ''Brotherhood'' is both catchy and touching.
** The second ending song of Brotherhood, [[http://soundcloud.com/kuroyukihime-san/fullmetal-alchemist-2-let-it "LET IT OUT"]], is beautiful on it own, but when paired with scenes like [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiHdzT7vWyc this...]] CrowningMomentOfAwesome/[[CrowningMomentofHeartwarming Heartwarming]]. Warning: spoilers.
** The third ending theme, [[http://soundcloud.com/little-fox-1/tsunaida-te-lil-b "Tsunaida Te"]], is quite uplifting.
** [[http://soundcloud.com/damner_vereau/01-shunkan-sentimental "Shunkan Sentimental"]]. The first few chords, combined with whatever epic event ended the episode...
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETbEtbE28VA "RAY OF LIGHT"]], the 5th ending theme to Brotherhood.
** The theme songs of the ''Brotherhood'' movie, ''The Sacred Star of Milos'': [[http://soundcloud.com/namtuocdauhoi/chasing-hearts-miwa-320kps "Chasing hearts"]] and [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1fRy346838 "GOOD LUCK MY WAY"]].
* The score is also quite amazing, with clever and masterly use of OneWomanWail and OminousLatinChanting. Just check: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSs9H1ANmL4 Mortal Sin]] (played the first time Ed meets Lust and Envy), [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2kwie-gs2o Trisha's Lullaby]] (used to great effect when Ed and Al mourn for [[spoiler:Nina]]), [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJk4T0OK5RM Next Chapter]], [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_439qLQzHs Lapis Philosophorum]] (heard in the first episode of ''Brotherhood''), [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stzofz4yMSY Xing Symphony -Overture]], [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdp_g-RYjQI To Be King]], or the [[CrowningMomentOfAwesome awesome]] theme which kicks off the battle between Mustang and [[spoiler:Envy]], [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_scbziJUEog The Intrepid]].
** Note that [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJk4T0OK5RM Next Chapter]] is rather misleading; with a name like that you'd expect it to be something that plays during the end of an episode, but in fact it is the song used [[spoiler: when Mustang reveals his plan to fake Maria's death, and again when Wrath makes his grand re-entrance back in Central]].
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG4A2Vkp4 Versus Homunculus]], its remake [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KEcpz0IE3M Knives and Shadows]], and [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gweNNwVMClw Pride]] are all excellent themes.
** The whole OST for Brotherhood really. It supersedes the first series in picture and music alike. Special mention goes to Major Armstrong's theme, also known as [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByLaRZqL4Xg Amestris Military March]], [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEiucbbXBUA Requiem for the Brigadier General]] (referring to [[spoiler:Hughes]]) and of course the [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkNjCfMjRXA Main Theme]].
---> '''[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEiucbbXBUA Youtube Reviewer]]:''' "Mommy.. why... why are they putting dirt on Daddy? Daddy said he has lots of work to do!" [[TearJerker I. BROKE.]]
** The music when [[spoiler: Winry finds out that Scar killed her parents and aims a gun towards him.]]
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eazctq0E-w0 Ante Meridiam]], the eerie yet saddening song that plays when [[spoiler: the human sacrifices discover that Father succeeded in taking all the souls of Amestris to grant him the power of a god.]]
* Michiru Oshima's score for the first anime. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXQLrkW33f0 Bratja]] alone is considered one of the finest pieces of music ever written for an anime.
** The 2003 score features many awesome pieces. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18_epz3QDYU Amestris]], [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8OaiTN1K0E Way Home]], [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqBIQP5MjP4 Invasion]], [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPzMTfeXJnk Daring Fight]], [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fimWQ5HRzyo Greed]], [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMAA6VP-ces Shinryakul]], and [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVYjja-uyRM Seiatsu]] are just a few examples.
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOfvxkwnSs8 Beaming Sunlight]] is what you email your grandmother when she's telling you all anime is porn.
* Quite a bit of the songs from the first game are actually pretty good, but [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgs6vneghLg Fate's Crossing]] in particular.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6QqZfvE3Fw COURAGE INCREASED BY ONE HUNDRED FOLD! MUSCLES INCREASED TO ONE THOUSAND FOLD!]]
* The song "Brothers" is heart wrenching and beautiful at the same time.
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgZbd1f4x98 How can I repay you brother of mine, how can I expect you to forgive...]] Yes, that ''is'' Ed's voice actor singing and playing piano. Actually, the song after that (Nothing I Won't Give) is meant to be an original ImageSong for Ed, and it's quite badass.
* Brotherhood's entire soundtrack. Most notably [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtX1vKM0q_Y Lapis Philosophorum]], [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eksvmp7RtSQ Clash of the Alchemists]], and [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=302Xbp7LRTo Spiral of Truth]].
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obmd6Z0K3mg Battle Scherzo]]. Whenever this song begins, a MomentOfAwesome is about to punch you in the face.
** Likewise, for [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eWVoHVzhxg Crisis in the North]]. Either Ed's kicking ass in the snow, or Olivier and her troops are about to show you -- and usually some hapless, pompous general -- why no one screws with Briggs.
* And from the third-and-final OST for ''Brotherhood'', we get some epic battle themes like [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KEcpz0IE3M "Knives and Shadows"]], [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_scbziJUEog "The Intrepid"]], and [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3FDnl2PkPs "The Awakening"]].
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq5lClW_M0M Aishou]]", Lust's theme.
* Dante's leitmotif from the first series, "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLp_wePNrZA Dante]]."
** Or the [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tEj6gXA_eA waltz version]] used once near the end.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyDlhODQpzg "Koukai"]] is easily one of the saddest tracks in the first anime.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN_ZRDX_vMo "The Land of Ishvala"]] deserves mention, if only for when it plays during [[spoiler: Lan Fan's return to fight gluttony in the forest.]]
* From the 2003 series: whenever [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULL9TSUfeiw Tsumi]] plays, you can be sure that something either awesome and awful (or both) is going down. Same with [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMASK4SdSXA Gaika]].
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv3aUOH635I Homunculus]] from the 2003 series, as well as its thematic reiterations (like Romei).
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYxjP43-6u0 "Far East Suite"]] from the first Brotherhood OST, despite not appearing on the show.
* The sadder version of "Lapis Philosophorum", [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCt4aLirnrk "Sorrowful Stone".]]
* Brotherhood's score has a particularly epic song called [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1VBeQlmJJA "Nightfall in Central City".]]