%% ZeroContextExample entries are not allowed on wiki pages. All such entries have been commented out. Do not uncomment them without expanding them to explain what makes these tracks awesome. Just calling them "no slouch" or "a real winner" conveys nothing of substance; what is it about them that makes them awesome?
One reason the party's always so crazy in ''DMC'' is its selection of music:
[[folder:Devil May Cry 1]]
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGCLFwpzgB8 Legendary Battle]]", Mudnus' first boss theme. It really gets your blood pumping for the final boss.
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atGcliA-HNw Ultraviolet]]", the theme of Nelo Angelo. From symphonic organs to rock and then back, it's the perfect theme for an [[WakeUpCallBoss earnestly strong opponent that you face four missions into the game]]. "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saafticAJnE Super Ultraviolet]]", the alternate version, isn't too bad either.
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTWL5En7HN0 Trish's Theme]]" is a beautiful piece, really fitting for the development Dante goes through at that point in the game. Its partner, [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmdtXPv6ijs Eva's Theme]] fits for just about the same reason.
* "[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rVsgJ28qt0 Statue Of Time]], the Divinity Statue's theme, an almost mystical sounding theme to accompany [[MundaneMadeAwesome you buying items and abilities.]]
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP-Yr_VWN6s Phantom's theme]] is yet another winner in the boss theme department.
%%* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnGPTR228hw And who could forget]] [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH4qnO6k6Qk the regular battle themes?]]
* Capping off the game overall [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwaF0oSmEZw comes Dante and Trish: Seeds Of Love]], a credits theme that starts off with the rock and flare of the battle and boss themes before transitioning to a vocal variation of Eva and Trish's theme.
[[folder: Devil May Cry 2]]
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT4XPzJ1JUk Darkness Instinct,]]" the theme of the [[NightmareFuel suitably terrifying]] Argosax the Chaos manages to be both [[ScareChord scary]] and AWESOME. Shortly following it, "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGUSeu56oSQ Ragnarok]]", the final boss theme, packs emotion, awesomeness, and just overall sounds incredible.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7NFYH35hgQ Blasphemy]] just '''screams''' VeryDefinitelyFinalDungeon.
* There's plenty of winners in the cutscene department too, including "[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AEIDWvKI9E Please Kill Me]], [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHRm-WcGdLo Chaotic Gloria]] and [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVtpgWpQAVw Jackpot!]]
* While the boss itself is laughable for many a reason, [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hQgiV2hyEc The Infested Chopper's theme]] is surprisingly good.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NZZczu31QU Nefasturris' theme, Evil Tower,]] is actually an extended version of the game's already awesome intro theme, [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiT619aLWTI Dance With The Devils.]]
%%* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8aZjBd8sN8 Cursed Giant]] is another winner for the boss theme department.
%%* As is [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ylxPeqWiM Cry To The Moon]], the theme of Arius.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0HRANvzHBI Shoot The Works]], the second of Dante's regular battle themes, keeps the hard rocking of the first game and turns it [[UpToEleven up several notches]]
* After completing both Dante and Lucia's campaigns, you're allowed to listen to [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACZIvqaWYwE Heads Or Tails]], a song rather similar to that of Seeds of Love from the original game: Starting off hard rocking but breaking down into something much more mystical.
[[folder:Devil May Cry 3]]
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZUN89RaP60 "Devils Never Cry"]], the game's main theme, snippets of which play throughout the game. It has become a BootstrappedLeitmotif for Dante outside of his series, but nobody is complaining. It's ''that'' iconic.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvzbD5_QrII "Dante's Office (7 Hells Battle)"]] is the perfect track to get you pumped for a hyperkinetic battle in the Devil May Cry office. Especially considering it's the opening stage, the game really starts off with a bang.
* "[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mhYtdvOuD8 Taste the Blood]] and [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwC5gdetu5c Divine Hate]], the game's battle themes are among the best of the whole franchise.
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkqsdsToPy Vergil gets his own remixes]] [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K26mi_cSAkA of both tracks, and they continue to kick ass.]]
** "Taste the Blood" crosses over with both SugarWiki/MomentOfAwesome and SugarWiki/FunnyMoments when Dante gets the Nevan weapon--a literal electric guitar--and tests it out by performing [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vy2zl9fgPk a hilariously over-the-top rendition of]] the aforementioned song. Complete with sounds of an audience cheering (though no actual audience is seen) and stage pyrotechnics.
%%* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdQyHt0ReyU All]] [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSsiLDd2AjI three]] [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzCXb3AaSp8 of]] Vergil's boss themes.
%%* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wZIfnsnd3U Cerberus]], [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvG4he36V8g Gigapede]], [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqJFIt0Hw4g Agni and Rudra]], [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57wK_BB7ix8 Nevan]], [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuWZWsHHyAU Lady]] [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60EXwLA8eYw and the second half of Arkham's battle theme]] aren't slouches either.
* As with the second game, the cutscene music lineup even manages to be strong, hits including [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOjjMVXuzaY Lady's Appearance]], [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4MXsZikibc Demon Awakening]] and [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXsn8ahcLCA Conclusion]], the song succeeding the final battle with Vergil.
[[folder:Devil May Cry 4]]
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLBAFJWbd30 "The Time Has Come"]], Nero's battle theme, and by association, [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIIYt5lcq3A "Shall Never Surrender"]], the closing credits. "The Time has Come", being a battle theme, is very in tone with the music of the past games, whereas the second half, "Shall Never Surrender", is more soothing, almost displaying how Nero's come to terms with his demonic side, as has Kyrie, and his relationship with Dante being much closer than at the start of the game.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwi2pXpiQu4 "Blackened Angel"]] and [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXwjeuVU7HI "Forza del Destino"]], Dante's boss themes. The first one helps establish Dante's status as TheDreaded, who only plays around with Nero because it amuses him. "Forza del Destino" plays during the second battle, where Dante stops pulling his punches and becomes the ultimate test of Nero's mettle before confronting Sanctus.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWA9Jzglllk "Lock and Load (Blackened Angel mix)"]], Dante's battle theme. A remix of the battle theme from ''DMC 1'', it adds lyrics from "Blackened Angel" to show that Dante has grown stronger and wiser during the time between two games while still retaining his laid-back outlook.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7RYBgMOatk "Sworn Through Swords"]], the theme of Berial, would fit right in with the OST of the third game. But then, the vocals ARE by Shaun McPherson, vocalist of the tracks in said game.
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTjS1H4zxGU Swipe of Sword]]" is almost the successor to the original game's "Ultraviolet".