* Tarras ''finally'' stopped being the ButtMonkey and putting the smack down on those witches in Bairong!
** Whenever Tania enters battle is almost guaranteed to be this. She's awesome even in a two-page flashback.
* Tasha, in general.
* Anything Varete does. Anything. She would be a HeroKiller if she actually bothered to kill anyone instead of merely giving them a [[CurbstompBattle violent lesson]] in how weak they are in comparison to her.
* Lee is indubitably a villain and a fratricidal JerkAss, and the entire situation is a real TearJerker when you know the back-story, but see if you don't cheer just a little when he [[VillainousRescue intervenes to stop]] the MindHive-[[GrandTheftMe possessed Xing]] from killing Yue, then proceeds to NoSell a massive attack with a PunchCatch.
** Moments later, Lee [[ImpaledWithExtremePrejudice ends the fight spectacularly]]. Just as the emperor had finished his grandiose speech about revealing his true power, even.
* Ryuwhan curb stomps just about everyone. And for those he can't, he still puts up a good showing.
* Tasha sniping Rose's supporter and Halloween clearing the way, showing off just how much they improved.
* Visul revealing her true powers, especially in Lee's flashback with her where she killed ''all'' of the Emperor's personal assassins sent after him. [[spoiler:Even though in the present day, she undergoes the WorfEffect and has to get rescued by Tarras, as seen at the top of this page.]]