[[folder:The Sun Trail]]
* The [=HarperCollins=] preview for ''The Sun Trail'' is full of these, but nothing quite beats what Gray Wing (the POV character) does when a hawk flies down and tries to hunt his little brother. He kicks its feathery ass. And when another hawk tries it, more ass is kicked. Admittedly, this feat is not unprecedented in the books, but it is impressive that he did it alone both times, and the narration during those moments does a lot to establish Gray's character: he's leaping into the air and fighting a giant bird, while exhausted and half-starved, and ''he does not care.'' Even while all of that is going on, he remains absolutely fearless, absolutely devoted to saving his brother. Looks like we've got a badass over here.
* It's offscreen, but Jagged Peak managing to survive all on in his own in the wilderness for a few days, especially since there was a ''blizzard''. Yes, Jagged Peak is a badass.
* Jagged Peak saving Gray Wing when he falls into a river. Kit's got balls.
* Jagged Peak using his tracking skills effectively so that he and his brother don't fall off a cliff.
* Gray Wing standing up to [[spoiler:Clear Sky]] on how he's running his "community".
* The ending, where Storm [[spoiler:takes a building to protect her kits.]]
* Shattered Ice and Jackdaw's Cry inventing tunneling, which starts their legend.
* The beginning of Gray Wing's journey has him running across a collapsing ice bridge just to show his determination to find Jagged Peak.
* Gray Wing and Jagged Peak looking out over the whole world, which is just dripping with awesomeness as the true journey begins.
* The Followers of the Sun Trail are being attacked by a group of four eagles, and they flee under a rocky outcropping. The problem is, the eagles are waiting outside and complete outmatch the cats. As soon as they try to make their escape, the eagles will overwhelm them. Clear Sky's response? Catch one of the eagles and show them who's boss.
* The battle against the foxes on the moor. Not only is it badass, Gray Wing gets to show off his nature as TheStrategist like he was said to be in ''Battles of the Clans''.
* [[spoiler:"From now on, I will be Thunder's father."]] And from that one moment, it all began.
* Many ManlyTears were shed when Turtle Tail [[spoiler:suggested that they name Storm's kit Thunder.]]
* Thunder figuring out how to run through fire to save Moon Shadow is a wonderful scene.
* The ending. [[spoiler:Thunder finally rejects his father's cruel policies, leaving the group with Frost and resolving to make it to the moor group, even though he knows how angry they will be.]]