* Joey cutting a big stone in half with the plough.
* Joey winning the race.
* Joey using an approaching tank like a jumping ramp and galloping through the German lines before going into no man's land.
** The build-up to this one makes it even better. We see Joey backed into the corner and trying in vain to get out, as the tank keeps drawing closer and closer. Finally, he stands and faces it, and just when you think it's leading up to a DyingMomentOfAwesome...he ''jumps over the whole thing''. '''Wow'''.
** And that's not counting the build-up even ''before'' that when his reluctance to jump was established multiple times, both with Alfred and with Emily.
* The end of the film, where Albert rides Joey home once more
* Anyone who's seen the stage play will agree that the ''phenomenal'' [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGCKS0UW3k0 horse puppets]] are a SugarWiki/MomentOfAwesome for everyone involved in their creation and control.
** The reveal of the main Joey puppet. For the opening, the foal puppet is used, and the audience gets a while to get used to it. And then the music reaches a crescendo, the foal puppet is disassembled, and the huge horse puppet thunders onstage. That moment tends to get a lot of cheers.
** Hell, they're awesome alright, but it might be good to mention that the play also has a huge (though of course largely hollow and skeletal) ''tank'' puppet/prop as well, which bursts through the obstacles of no-mans-land accompanied by smoke and darkness with flashes of light.
* From the play, the [[http://youtu.be/EK89VshuTnM First Gallop]]. This, coupled with the effects used by the puppeteers to simulate the gallop, is normally one of the first things to draw out applause from the audience.
* The stage play has one when Friedrich, the man that's been taking care of Joey and Topthorn, finally crosses the DespairEventHorizon after Topthorn dies of exhaustion, damning the war ''and the Kaiser himself.'' The ColonelKilgore officer that caught him with the horses and pressed him into service is angry at the statement, draws his pistol...[[UnfriendlyFire and the other two German soldiers in the group level their guns at him.]]