* "My name is Lu-Tze."
* Lu-Tze [[spoiler:turns out to know Deja-Fu, a martial art involving timebending, alone of all the time monks. And using it to beat the crud out of the son of ''the personification of Time'', now doing mum's job, after extracting a promise from said son to not hurt him. Oh, and the part where he gets his head cut off.]]
** [[spoiler:"I thought you said none of the monks knew Deja Fu!" "[[ExactWords Because I didn't teach it to them!]]"]]
** There's a ''reason'' for Rule One.
* Death one-ups himself during the Auditor-instigated apocalypse when, after expressing his disapproval of the Auditors' actions and assembling with the other Horsemen:
[[folder: ...while it is true we have to ride out ]]
, Death added, drawing his sword, [[/folder]]
[[folder: [[Prophecy Twist it doesn't say anywhere ]]
* Susan, throughout. She faces down Nanny Ogg, and ''wins''. And gets Nanny Ogg to tell her the whole truth. And that's just part of what she does.
** Reexamine that statement. Made. ''NANNY OGG''. Tell. The. Whole. ''TRUTH''. Nanny Ogg, for whom the truth is a reference point, and can think through a corkscrew in a hurricane without touching the sides.
*** Nanny Ogg get her own one though:
-->"So you get the other one, and I'll spit in his eye"
*** Also counts as a sort of CMOH, since normally emotional-as-an-ice-cube Susan has to make an emotional appeal to Nanny Ogg to get her to talk. That's right, the granddaughter of death finds herself unable to threaten Nanny Ogg.
** She beats down the auditors with ''chocolate!''
** Less world-shaking, but Susan also gets a Crowning Moment of Awesome ''Teaching'' off-camera. We'll never know what, exactly, she did to get destructo-tyke Jason to shape up, but it surely rates...
** In a similar vein: "one thing a bogey dos not like is Miss finding him".
* The moment Myria [=LeJean=] rejects her Auditor-ness.
-->"I was one of them," said Myria [=LeJean=]. "Now, I rather think I'm one of me."
** [[spoiler:Her death could compete with that moment: perfectly diving into a lake of chocolate, naked and holding a silver ladle. Even Kaos admires her style.]]
* The Fifth Horseman, [[spoiler:Kaos]], thinks his time is past and no-one cares for his attribute anymore. Lu-Tze manages to convince him that [[spoiler:chaos]] is back in again, citing [[spoiler:chaos theory]] and so on, and persuades him to ride out against the Auditors--and, of course, [[spoiler:chaos]] is the one thing they fear most in the universe.
* Marco Soto's one exception. ''Nobody'' touches the hair.
* It's a small one, but Madam Frout manages to ''resist [[CompellingVoice Death's voice]]''.