* By virtue about being a movie about Wolverine, it's already automatically awesome. Rule of Cool is most definitely in effect for this flick.
** A successful WinBackTheCrowd: After the much-maligned ''Origins'' (even Jackman was disappointed by it, feeling like it was too much of an undercooked ''X-Men 4'' than a ''Wolverine'' movie), they adapted the long-requested and fan favorite Japanese arcs and dialed the scale back down to give full personal attention to Wolverine (while also treating ''Origins'' as near-CanonDiscontinuity), and the result was a much-better-received movie that Fox immediately gave the greenlight for a follow-up.
* The Extended Train Fight clip.
** MadeOfIron Yashida Yakuza Enforcers going toe to toe with a potentially depowered Wolverine
** One Made of Iron Yashida Yakuza Enforcer matches Wolverine whenever he has to jump over a traffic light, only being mildly irritated despite impacting into the top of a damn speeding bullet train.
** Wolverine defying the laws of physics, by leaping and pretty much flying his ass over to the remaining Yashida Yakuza Enforcer still on the roof.
*** Oh, and that Yashida enforcer [[OnlyAFleshWound was barely phased]] by Logan impaling him with is claws. So Logan threw him off of the train
* One flashback shows how Wolverine saved his benefactor: [[spoiler:he saved his life at the atomic bombing of Nagasaki by throwing them both down a well and having his own body take the brunt of the blast.]]
* After a hellacious fight with the Silver Samurai/[[spoiler: Yashida]] in which he has [[spoiler: his adamantium claws cut off and almost has the life sucked out of him]], Logan finally gets the upper hand in which he literally tears apart the giant mech with his bare hands before pulling [[spoiler: Yashida]] close to him so that he can quip "[[PreMortemOneLiner Sayonara]]" then [[spoiler: throws Yashida out of the building to his death.]]
* Logan [[spoiler: cutting open his chest to pull out the bug that Viper had implanted inside of him on his heart]].
* Logan getting ''[[HalfTheManHeUsedToBe bisected at the chest]]'' by a sword and then instantly repairing himself not even a millisecond after, which leads up to an epic HesBack moment.
-->'''Shingen:''' [[SayMyName What kind of monster are you?]]
-->'''Logan:''' [[TitleDrop The]] [[PreMortemOneLiner Wolverine.]] ''(activates his claws to impale Shingen's neck, killing him)''
* Yukio. Period. She's a BattleButler and is, overall, just an awesome character.
** Her introduction in the bar. After predicting the future deaths of three men Wolverine had come to kill, she then shuts them all up with a [[IaijutsuPractitioner few quick strokes of her katana.]] Her blade is in its sheath before we see just how sharp her strikes were.
** Yukio also gets to show off her skills against [[AuthorityEqualsAsskicking Shingen]] in what may be one of the best swordfights in the entire movie.
** The way Yukio [[spoiler: takes out Viper]].
* Wolverine is ambushed by the Black Clan. They decide to fire arrows towards him, ''and he keeps going'' while pierced by arrows to the point CrucifiedHeroShot ''done with arrows'' and pulled by the ropes attached to the arrows and taking three specially poisoned arrows before going down, and taking several arrows before and in between. Badass doesn't even begin to describe it.
** On the other hand, this is also the Black clan moment of awesome. If you think about it, those ninja probably do not have experience of dealing with Mutant, especially TheBerserker with HealingFactor that would eat them like breakfast. Yet they subvert ConservationOfNinjutsu and did what Stryker in X2 could not do: capture Wolverine, alive, with minimal casualty.
*** Though it probably helps in that they had another mutant on their side who knows how to handle mutants. And is capable of generating poison so powerful that even Wolverine with his HealingFactor is knocked out.
** There is a subtle CMOA for Viper and Wolverine together, as well. Earlier in the movie, when Viper gave Harada some of the poison that took Wolverine out in the end of the fight, Harada says that his men do not need it. Viper just simply places it in his pocket and tell him that he will need it. And he did, and the only reason he could take down Wolverine was because of it, because nothing else they did couldn't
* Mariko [[spoiler: taking two of Wolverine's sliced off adamantium claws and throwing them at her grandfather, impaling him in the [[BoomHeadshot skull]] and neck]].
** Heck any one of Mariko's [[DamseloutofDistress Damsel out of Distress]] moments. [[ActionGirl All the important ladies are quite badass in this film]]
** The moment where Mariko's [[AbusiveParents father]] tries striking her again, and she blocks it, rather than take it like she did previous. She's clearly [[NotAfraidOfYouAnymore Not Afraid Of Him Anymore]] and it is so cathartic.
* Wolverine finds a bear in the forest near a ruined camp site, dying of an illegal poisoned arrow. He seeks out the owner of said arrow, impales his hand to the bar with it, then repeatedly pours liquor on his hand while [[TranquilFury calmly calling him out for antagonizing the bear and leading to the deaths of his friends.]] Had Yukio not stepped in, he probably would have killed every one of them.
* Five words: [[PrecisionFStrike "Go fuck yourself, pretty boy."]] *Cue epic beatdown*
* The [[BloodierAndGorier extended village fight]] from the DirectorsCut. Yukio hijacks a snowplow (with sharp, spinning blades on the front) to aid Logan in his rampage, [[LudicrousGibs taking out several of the Black Hand along the way.]] It eventually crashes and becomes immobile; Logan tells Yukio to bolt as he pulls a fat stogie from his pocket and strikes the machine's gas tank with his claws, causing it to explode and take out even more ninjas. After the blast, Logan leaps off the burnt-out snowplow, [[CouldntFindALighter now-lit cigar in his mouth]] and claws out, ready for more.
* TheStinger with [[spoiler:Magneto and Professor X]] recruiting Wolverine for [[Film/XMenDaysOfFuturePast that which is to come]].