* At the climax, when Cliff puts the helmet back on and is about to launch into the sky someone shines a spotlight on him. Of course it doesn't hurt that the American flag is right behind him.
** "Look! It's the Rocketeer!"
* Cliff has brought the jetpack to trade for Jenny's life, and he has a question.
--> '''Cliff''': What's it like [[spoiler:working for a Nazi, Eddie? Does he pay you in dollars or reichsmarks?]]\\
'''Neville:''' C'mon, Eddie. I'm paying you well. Does it really matter where the money comes from?\\
'''Eddie:''' It matters to ''me''. [[EvenEvilHasStandards I may not make an honest buck, but I'm 100% American.]] [[spoiler:I don't work for no two-bit Nazi.]] Let the girl go!
** The mobsters proceed to cooperate with federal agents [[spoiler:to defeat the Germans that show up.]]
* Cliff's debut as the Rocketeer, saving his friend Malcolm at the airshow. And afterwards, he soars through the sky near an airplane, amazing all the people on board.
* Jenny, an actress, gets kidnapped and actively seduced by [[BrokenPedestal her idol]]. She handles the situation pretty well.
-->'''Jenny''' (after luring him in close so she could [[spoiler: [[TapOnTheHead brain him with a vase]]]]): I finally played a scene with Neville Sinclair.
* How does Cliff finally defeat Neville? He [[spoiler:gives him the jetpack, and removes [[ChekhovsGun the good luck gum]]]].
* While the movie flamed out at the box office, its CultClassic status has held up well-enough that Joe Johnston earned directorial duties on another [[CaptainAmericaTheFirstAvenger retro adventure blockbuster]] virtually on the merits of this film alone, especially since they share similar traits (even down to StupidJetpackHitler tropes).