* Shuusuke Fuji has had several awesome matches, but the ones with [[WhiteHairedPrettyBoy Kuranosuke Shiraishi and Masaharu Niou]] are by far the one where he gets the biggest CMOA. The first one is [[spoiler: Fuji's first ''loss'' in an official match despite him, usually a gentle StepfordSmiler, giving his soul and then some more]]; the [[spoiler: second is his come-uppance and sort-of revenge on himself, which makes Ryuzaki-sensei openly say "You have ''finally'' surpassed Tezuka".]]
** Can't forget his CurbstompBattle with [[spoiler: Mizuki]] either. There's a reason you don't invoke his [[spoiler: BigBrotherInstinct by mistreating his younger brother.]]
* The whole series is basically a [=CMoA=] for Ryoma. Understandable to some degree, since he's both the main chara and TheWesley.
** His match with Jin Akutsu, which he started by shooting a ball on Akutsu's face saying "That shot was for hitting Kachirou with rocks! And why are you just standing there? There's still Kawamura-sempai to avenge. aaah, and while at it, there's Arai-sempai too". Later, when they were fighting it out at whole strangth dueing the match point, Ryoma started to [[AndThisIsFor loudly call the then]] - JerkAss [[AndThisIsFor out]] for all the [[KickTheDog puppy kicking]] he engaged in:
--> '''Ryoma:''' Oh, yeah. I still owe you something. This is for Kawamura-sempai who got juice dumped on his head! For Arai-sempai, who got beaten to bits and pieces! (...) And this is for me! Because ''I'' got hit with rocks too!
** Another one comes only in the anime, more exactly in the Senbatsu: [[spoiler: He unmasks An and [[WhatTheHellHero lets Kamio call her out]] for what she did to Kirihara, and then how he confronts Kirihara and turn the tables on him.]]
* [[BunnyEarsLawyer Eiji Kikumaru]]'s one and only singles match against Yuujirou Kai of Higa? Awesome, since this is the living proof that the usually cheery and child-like Eiji *is* an extremely skillful and strong person thanks to CharacterDevelopment *and* sheer willpower-geared training. Not to mention, he never forgets the one who inspired him to develop: as soon as he wins, the first person Eiji goes to is his doubles partner Oishi. [[CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming Awwwww]].
* [[BadassBookworm Sadaharu Inui]] also gets one of these in his very intense, very emotional match with his "other half", Yanagi Renji of Rikkaidai.
** Followed by his IKnowYouAreInThereSomewhereFight towards [[spoiler: Kaidoh]] in the doubles match against Renji and Kirihara.
* Local BadassNormal Takashi Kawamura's [=CMOA=]? "If my power is taken away from me, then... I WON'T HAVE ANYTHING ELSE!"
* Where do we start with Tezuka, hmm? When he defeated Ryoma in an unofficial match to tell him he should become the Pillar of Seigaku? When he beated Inui during the regulars matches? When he went against Atobe ''fully'' knowing his arm wouldn't resist the effort, yet he played SO well that even Atobe was all "...wow" in the end? When he rescued Miyuki-chan from bullies?...
** It would probably be accurate to say that Tezuka is a walking CMOA machine.
* A CMOA is needed for Tezuka again, for causing the extinction of the dinosaurs.
* Not only the gentlemen can pull [=CMOA=]! When ShrinkingViolet Sakuno momentarily shreds her shyness away in episode 82... [[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/SonKikyo/RyoSaku/e082_002.jpg she can cheer LOUDER than anyone else.]]
* Also, An Tachibana gets her own [=CMOA=] when she turns the tables on Momoshiro during their unofficial match.
* An, in the anime, is the only girl who dares to take a swing at Kirihara. She missed, but she did make him fall down a flight of stairs.
** [[MisaimedFandom Actually]], this is an AvertedTrope. An's actions are clearly '''not''' intended to be seen seen as awesome, [[spoiler: as Kamio is wrongfully blamed for the incident (which almost gets him kicked out of the camp) and Kirihara is under heavy pressure to tell the truth but refuses to do so. When Ryoma finds one of An's hairpins in the stairs, realises what happened and confronts An in private, Kamio is actually ''hurt and upset'' and calls her out on it, as he's just as pissed off as An is but he would ''not'' raise his hand at Kirihara himself.]]
* Even cute boy Kachirou has a BIG one in the anime. When Arai badmouths Tezuka, little Kachirou lectured him and challenged the guy to a match. Maybe doesn't look like a huge thing, but when you consider Kachirou is just a sweet-faced newbie and he's facing off a second-year who's hinted to become a regular ''very'' soon... It makes lotsa more sense and makes the kid ''awesome''.
** To be fair, it's also a CMOA for Arai as well. We see that he can be a huge JerkAss, but he also [[TrainingFromHell works incredibly]] ''[[TrainingFromHell hard]]'' for his prowess, and his apology to Kachirou ast the end of an episode also qualifies as a CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming.
* [[DanceBattler Kamio Akira]] from Fudomine for turning a 2-3 tiebreak against [[BornLucky Sengoku Kiyosumi]] to victory [[HeroicResolve on pure willpower]] [[FragileSpeedster when he was on the brink of collapsing]].