* The fact that a movie made twelve years ago could get a video game sequel that not only reunites a good number of the original cast, but also manages to be a case of NoProblemWithLicensedGames.
* Oogie graduates from a VillainWhoDoesntDoAnything to a ManipulativeBastard who almost takes over the seven major Holidays. His lair even goes from a mysterious casino design to a combination of a casino and HELL.
* Dr. Finklestein's VillainSong. Its the only original song in the soundtrack, and maybe it'd be out of place in the film, but it fits right in for the game.
* Mega/Trash Oogie. Considering it didn't seem like going OneWingedAngel was part of the plan, its safe to assume, given enough junk laying around, Oogie could have done this at ANY TIME.
* In the final battle, Jack's Santa Suit [[TookALevelInBadass takes a level in badass]]. Not particularly useful in the fight itself, but come the DanceBattle, it summons SNOWBALL METEORS.
* A minor one, but it's pretty cathartic to see Jack finally calling [[EnfanteTerrible Shock, Lock and Barrel]] out on their all their nastiness.
-->'''Jack:''' If I've told you once I've told you twice to straighten out your act!\\
You'll never get away with this and that, you '''BRATS''' is fact!