* In "Sunday in the Park with Fran", Maxwell and C.C. try to curry favor with [[CausticCritic theatre critic Frank Bradley]], and to do so, they (at C.C.'s insistence) make Gracie go on a playdate with his son, Frank Jr., despite Gracie's insistence that she doesn't like him, and Fran's support of her. During the playdate, Fran hits Frank Jr. with a baguette because he was bullying Gracie. So Maxwell and C.C. arrange a meeting for Fran to apologize, but when he proves incredibly hostile towards Fran, Maxwell decides enough is enough:
-->'''Maxwell:''' You know, Frank, I'm getting bloody tired of kissing up to you...
-->'''C.C.:''' (''interrupting'') I'm not. Let me do it...
-->'''Maxwell:''' Miss Fine was right from the beginning. I should never have forced my little girl to play with your son. Quite clearly, [[PayEvilUntoEvil he deserved everything he got.]] [[ShutUpHannibal And I don't care for what you think of my play, and frankly, I don't care much for you, either.]] Now, let me show you the door. (''gesturing behind him without turning'') It's over there.
* During "Here Comes the Brood" C.C upsets Gracie by telling her that Fran only spends time with the kids because she is paid to and only pretends to loves them. When Fran finds out she sits down with C.C and sets her straight doing so in the most polite but still awesome way possible.
-->'''Look, you're a lovely woman, and I wish you well, [[MamaBear but if you ever hurt one of my kids again they'll be wiping your blue blood off the walls]]. [[IronicEcho And I mean that in the nicest possible way]]."
* Niles finally tells Maxwell exactly what he's been thinking since The Thing.
-->'''Maxwell''': Niles, I don't know what [Fran] wants anymore! What am I supposed to do?
-->'''Niles''': May I speak freely, Sir?
-->'''Maxwell''': Yes, of course old boy...
-->'''Niles''': I am so bloody sick of hearing this year after year: "Niles, what am I to do? [[spoiler: I told her I love her, I took it back,]] I'm afraid of commitment, I'm worried about the children!" [Grabs Max] FOR GOD'S SAKE! MAKE A MOVE! DO ''SOMETHING!'' You passed on ''Cats''! DO YOU WANT TO REGRET THIS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, TOO!?
** Made better by what happens right afterward. C.C. asks him what the shouting was about and he turns it to his favor.
--> '''Niles''': I was trying to convince him to give up on Miss Fine and move on with his life.
--> '''C.C.''': *rushing in* I agree with Niles! What're you waiting for? Just do it, do it, DO IT!
* When Max and Fran '''finally''' get married and Sylvia finally gets the oppertunity to stand at the altar as a maid of honor for her daughter. When the priest asks for the objection on why the two shouldn't be married, Sylvia turns to the audience with a face that would stop a bull in it's tracks, just waiting for someone to make her day...
* [[spoiler:When C.C. rejects Niles, [[TheReasonYouSuckSpeech he gives her a verbal beatdown that really shocks her and makes her think]]. It's probably the only time anything he says really gets to her.]]
--> '''Niles''': [[spoiler: Well, at least I know when it's time to move on. You're going to spend the rest of your life pining for a man who doesn't love you and who's married a woman half your age!]]
--> '''Fran''': [[spoiler: [[CrowningMomentOfFunny Oh, Niles, please don't go!]]]]
--> '''Niles''': [[spoiler: Look around you. They're married. They're starting a family. Where are you going to be 10, 20 years from now? You're going to be saying 'Merry Christmas' to your friends in rehab, and wondering what might have been!]]
* Earlier on, Fran got her pretty good, too, namely by subverting SnarkToSnarkCombat. C.C. made her typical dig against her, and Fran merely retorts.
--> '''Fran''': Why are you being so hurtful? I got nothing; I make minimum wage, there's no man in my life. I'm probably gonna die alone like a dog. Here (*hands Chester back to C.C.)
--> '''C.C.''': Oh, Nanny Fine, I'm sorry. Oh, I feel just awful (*Leaves*)
--> '''Fran''': (*Gives a sly grin to the camera*) Got guilt?