* The Chief using a dead Geth Juggernaut [[GrievousHarmWithABody as equal parts shield and battering ram]] to knock over other Geth in the Therum ruins.
* Tali [[spoiler: [[BigDamnHeroes saving the Chief]] from a rampaging Brute and making [[YourHeadAsplode its head explode]] [[ThereIsNoKillLikeOverkill with dozens of pistol shots]].]]
* N'Tho's weapon: a Needler Shotgun.
* While explaining the Pilgrimage to Chief, Tali gives him an [[OffscreenMomentOfAwesome anecdote]] about how Kal'Reegar brought home a Brute Gravity Hammer as a gift to the ''Rayya's'' Captain. Reegar was reportedly very injured in the process of acquiring it, and when Chief asks exactly ''how'' he did so, Tali [[MathematiciansAnswer laconically]] replies "[[NoodleIncident It wasn't easy.]]"
* Garrus giving Dr. Saleon in a KarmicDeath.
* In Chapter 30, Saren gives a rather damning TheReasonYouSuckSpeech to the Master Chief. Not only do they break the Spartan's infamously [[TheStoic unshakable composure]], but that they rile him up enough to break his concentration and allow Saren to nearly [[CurbStompBattle Curb Stomp]] an otherwise unstoppable OneManArmy.
* Pretty much all of Chapter 31. We get a ''huge'' battle sequence with Saren's army vs. Forerunner Knights vs. The Flood vs. Master Chief's squad, the first three of which team up to take down Chief and co once he's rescued. [[spoiler:They get [[CurbStompBattle curbstomped.]]]] And then, to [[spoiler:stop Saren from getting away]], Master Chief performs the Mass Effect equivalent of a [[spoiler:FastballSpecial, with help from Liara.]] And to wrap things up, [[spoiler:after Saren gets away]], the squad madly dashes back to the Normandy with the looming prospect of [[spoiler:a radiation induced implosion of the Registry]] hot on their heels.
* Chapter 33: There are [[spoiler:Vanguard Hunters]] now and it's as awesome as it sounds.
* They're back in Chapter 40. '''And kill a Geth Colossus without taking a scratch'''.