* Kvothe takes on a horde of scraelings single-handedly while simultaneously keeping Chronicler safe.
* Kvothe's decoding of Chronicler's shorthand cipher in a matter of a few seconds. Chronicler is suitably impressed.
* Bast grabbing the iron talisman off Chronicler and really laying into him, following it with, "No reason we can't be friends."
* When Kvothe played the Lay of Sir Savien in the tavern, and continued even when a lute string broke, [[spoiler: And still winning his Pipes.]] [[spoiler: It's also implied that the broken string was Ambrose's doing.]]
* In Trebon, when Kvothe saves the day by taking the giant wheel over the church and using Sympathy to crush the draccus.
* When Kvothe has the entire town of Trebon treating him like the mysterious BadAss he is after the fire.
* Some argue though that this trope should be awarded to the very moment [[spoiler:Ambrose breaks his lute, making Kvothe enter in a berserk mode saying the name of the wind with his subconscious mind, sending Ambrose flying like a leaf, and subsequently scaring the shit out of him.]]
* When master Hemme attempts to humiliate Kvothe by making him his substitute teacher for one class and Kvothe proceeds to masterfully present the principles of sympathy to the class by [[spoiler: making a connection between master Hemme and a wax doll with a strand of his hair and using it to transfer heat to his foot (the actual damage is a matter of debate).]]
* Kvothe's rampage at the end of Book II when, upon realizing that the Ruh troupe is not what it seems. [[spoiler: He killed them all. Might qualify for NightmareFuel, too.]]
* Kvothe's spur-of-the-moment recreation of the poor Chronicler as a (rather badass-sounding, actually) mythic folk hero on an epic quest that will give local storytellers throughout the region material to create an entire ream of stories, much as they've done with Kvothe himself. Bast jumping in to help only makes it better.
* Kvothe's retaliation against the Maer's court after he lost favor with Meluan and was asked to leave:
** [[spoiler: Selling all the court gossip to a seedy publisher.]]
** [[spoiler: Distributing the rings he received at a brothel.]]
* Kvothe calling down the lightning. His use of the bandit's body as a sympathy link, however, is NightmareFuel.
** Making a nerdy joke that, in his own words, only a University student would understand just makes it better.
* Devi gets one by totally trashing Kvothe in a duel of sympathy. Considering how easy Kvothe has always had it so far, it was nice to see him meet his match once in a while, especially since he totally deserved it.
-->'''Kvothe:''' Devi happens to be one of the handful of people I suspect might be a better sympathist than me.
-->'''Devi:''' 'Suspect'? [[CurbStompBattle I beat you like a red-headed stepchild.]] You were my little sympathy hand puppet.
-->'''Kvothe:''' That was two span ago. I've learned a lot since then.
** Of course, consider what he was doing those two weeks. He spent the entire time with a divided Alar, defending himself against malfeasance. Every waking moment. So he was learning, studying, and making a nigh-infallible gram, all with literally only half is attention. So, what did he learn? All that, and the sygaldry for blood and bone.
* Kvothe and the Lethani tree. Oh yeah.
* Chronicler hitting Bast twice and then taunting him that anything he does in turn will have already been predicted by the Cthaeh and will end in ruin, so he can shake Bast out of his fear of the Cthaeh's omnipotence.
* The bandit camp/outpost. [[spoiler:Kvothe uses the dead body of a bandit sentry as a mommet to kill several other bandits, then uses a bow string and a six-piece sympathy link to sever the strings of five bandit bows, followed by taking advantage of a storm to use sympathy to call down lightning upon the bandit camp itself.]]
* Using the name of the wind to save Denna from what appears to be an asthma attack.
* Shutting down Felurian, either with the name of the wind or, as Elodin suggests, [[spoiler: by calling ''her'' name]].
** Perhaps even more impressively, [[spoiler: shrugging off an apparent counterattack from Felurian. He felt it ("tasted blood and bitter rue") but it didn't affect him]].