* Pretty much every time the words "Blood! Blast! AND FIRE!" and "OUT! Out! Out! OUT! Out! Out! OUT!" are uttered, you know something awesome is about to happen.
* Oskan calling down lightning to save Thirrin in the first book. [[spoiler:Sure, it nearly killed him, but he fried thousands of soldiers, and demoralized ''the entire Polypontan army'' so badly that Scipio had to kill almost a thousand to whip them back into attacking again.]]
* Thirrin's first battle goes like this: her "army" of 200 versus the cavalry pursuing them, numbering 1500. Despite having no previous combat experience, she holds them off long enough for her allies, the Oak King, to [[TheCavalry send his own contingent of soldiers]], who promptly turn the fight into a [[CurbStompBattle one-sided owning]].
* The Icemark holding off an army ''five times'' their size during the siege of Frostmarris, for ''months''. By the time the campaign was coming to a close, the Polypontans were starting to wonder whether they shouldn't just [[WorthyOpponent ally with them]] rather than destroy them.
** Not just the royal army, either. There are paragraphs in the book describing how the "barely-trained" militia in each city was able to hold off attacks from the Polypontans ''far'' longer than expected, allowing the civilians to flee.
* Each instance of TheCavalry.
** First book: [[spoiler:Oskan receives a vision about the allies arriving, and runs to ring the Solstice Bell to warn Thirrin. As it rings out, the werewolves announce their presence with a bone-chilling howl before charging in. On the other side of the Polypontans, the Oak King and Holly King flank them viciously with their own army, and the vampires fall on them from above. In ''minutes'', they have the Polypontans running for the hills, and ultimately "more than half the invading army" was killed just trying to get away.]]
** Second book: [[spoiler:Sharley lands an army of corsairs on the shore and flank the Polypontans from behind. Meanwhile, the vampires return [[RoaringRampageOfRevenge with a vengeance]] and completely wreak the airships, who weren't expecting an attack in broad daylight.]]
** Third book: [[spoiler:Oskan teleports ''Thirrin's entire army'' into Frostmarris, right on top of the undead there. While they duke it out he teleports himself to Cronus and Medea and proceeds to own them completely]].
* In the third book, Tharaman [[spoiler:''wrestles a Triceratops to death''. '''After being mortally wounded in an explosion''']]. Words cannot describe just how awesome that is.
* Also in the third book, Her Vampiric Majesty taunting [[spoiler:[[BigBad Cronus]]]] in just about every encounter they have.
-->'''Her Vampiric Majesty:''' And alongside that contempt [you feel for us], you also feel rage, hatred...and ''fear''.
-->'''[[spoiler:Cronus]]:''' I have long since forgotten the experience of fear. It's the weakest of emotions, and I've expunged it from my psyche!
-->'''Her Vampiric Majesty:''' Do you really think so? Hmm, perhaps you're right. Then amend "fear" to "terror" and add to it uncertainty, lack of ability, and ''in-com-pe-tence''.
* Again in the third book: Oskan defeats [[spoiler:the most evil being in the universe, his own father, ''and'' his equally-powerful daughter, with barely any effort thanks to ThePowerOfLove]].