!! Specific to the radio series
* Marvin [[TalkingTheMonsterToDeath kills a tank bare-handed]]. [[TooDumbToLive By exploiting its stupidity]]. And then just sighs, "What a depressingly stupid machine" before slouching off.
* Zaphod is put in the room where he will be killed by psychological overwhelmingness by being shown his significance in comparison to ''the entire rest of everything in the universe''... and lives. Albeit, because [[spoiler:he's actually in a virtual reality specifically created for him to explore, where he ''is'' the most important thing in the universe]].
* The epic ReasonYouSuckSpeech Marvin gives to Arthur after he calls [[MyFriendsAndZoidberg Marvin]] [[RantInducingSlight "an old friend"]].
!!Specific to the novels
!!!''Life, the Universe, and Everything''
* Our loser hero Arthur Dent escapes certain death by ''learning to fly''.
* Upon arriving at a party held in a house flying far above the surface of a planet, Arthur discovers that Trillian's being given a hard time by Thor (yes, the Norse god of thunder. It's... it's complicated.) He gets protective and Thor takes offense. With one line, Arthur becomes the ultimate form of UnfazedEveryman, tricking Thor into removing himself from the area:
-->"Would you like to step outside?"
* Another Arthur example. Summing it up wouldn't do it justice, but realize that the robot mentioned in the following paragraph has xenophobia, homicide, and world-ending destruction programmed into its mind and has proven throughout the novel that it is more than equipped to act on said programming...
-->He hurtled towards the astounded robot from behind. It still had its multifunctional battleclub raised...
-->With a sudden mad outburst of strength, he [Arthur] wrestled the battleclub from the startled robot, executing a dazzling banking turn in the air, hurtled back in a furious power drive and with one crazy swing knocked the robot's head from the robot's shoulders.
!!!''So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish''
* The prologue, a CallBack to the prologue of the first book:
-->And then, one Thursday, nearly two thousand years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change, one girl sitting on her own in a small cafe in Rickmansworth suddenly realized what it was that had been going wrong all this time, and she finally knew how the world could be made a good and happy place. This time it was right, it would work, and no one would have to get nailed to anything.
-->Sadly, however, before she could get to a phone to tell anyone about it, a terribly stupid catastrophe occurred, and the idea was lost forever.
-->This is her story.
* Ford bluffing his way past a crapload of armed security officers to smuggle himself, Arthur and Fenchurch onto a [[FirstContact very public spacecraft]].
* Ford breaking out of the ''Guide'' building with everyone trying to catch him and still finding time to rip off the entire place. (It's under new management.)
** Coupled with the RunningGag of him finding new and inventive ways to bankrupt the company using a stolen credit card. In one instance, he dials the Speaking Clock from a distant galaxy, collect, and then forwards the charges to the Guide.
!! Specific to the film
* Slartibartfast showing Arthur the "factory floor" and Earth 2.0. Arthur is unsurprisingly floored.
* Marvin's BigDamnHeroes recovery with the P.O.V. gun.
** To clarify, Marvin wipes out an entire Vogon army with one shot from the P.O.V Gun, making them all as horribly depressed as he is. Note this was ''after'' he was shot in the back of the head by a laser gun.
--> '''Vogon Troops''': (''entire army collapses'') I'm soooo depressed.
* Zaphod avoids being a complete KarmaHoudini for accidentally having the Earth blown up thanks to Trillian sicking the POV Gun on him. True he steals it away from her a moment later but, it seemed to have an impact.
--> '''Zaphod''': Why so edgy, baby doll? Relax.
--> '''Trillian''': Why so edgy?! You wanna know why I'm edgy?! (''fires the gun at Zaphod'')
--> '''Zaphod''': (''from Trillian's view'') Of course you're edgy. Your planet's been blown up and you've been tooling round the galaxy with the guy who signed the order. [[AllForNothing You actually wanted to know the question because you always wondered if there was more to life and now you're crushed because you find out there really isn't]]. (''from Zaphod's view'') Hey, fantastic. Psychedelic. (''from Trillian's view'') [[LastOfTheirKind You have no home and no family]] and now you're stuck with me, another in a long line of men who doesn't really get you. (''from Zaphod's view'') That's not true. (''from Trillian's view'') [[AwLookTheyReallyDoLoveEachOther And you're worried that you might have blown it with the one guy who really does]]. Oh, baby doll.... Give me that thing! (''takes the gun off Trillian and aims it at her'')
--> '''Trillian''': (''in a heartbroken voice'') [[TearJerker It won't affect me.]]
!! Specific to the TV series
* All of the "Guide entries", which are traditional animation masquerading as computer graphics, and still look good thirty years later.
* Arthur saves everyone before the missiles launched at the Heart of Gold hit simply by turning on the Improbability Drive.
** The fact that Arthur was the only one to even think of the idea. Considering he was in the company of a [[OurPresidentsAreDifferent Intergalactic President]], [[InsufferableGenius a robot with a brain supposedly the size of a planet]], a alien from somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse, [[ArsonMurderAndJaywalking and an astrophysicist]].