* Elaine Connelly's intervention when [[spoiler:attendant Brad Dolan tries to break Paul's wrist]] and she happens to walk in.
-->'''Dolan:''' Just who do you think you are?
-->'''Elaine:''' I think that I am the grandmother of the man who is currently the Speaker of the Georgia House of Representatives. A man who loves his relatives, Mr. Dolan. Especially his older relatives.
** Paul laughed when she said that, at the dichotomy; All the times that Percy used his connections ''against'' him, and now someone was using their connections ''for'' him.
* Percy shooting Wild Bill dead.
** The fact that John deliberately ''[[BatmanGambit held Melinda's cancer inside him]]'' until he could get back to the Mile, in order to infect Percy and exact justice on him and Wharton both. Not bad for a childish GentleGiant.
* The entire plan to cure Melinda Moores, involving sneaking Coffey off the block, getting him to the Warden's house, placating a shotgun-toting Warden, then almost literally moving the earth to save her, and then getting Coffey back on the block without anyone important noticing he was gone. And it was done without a hitch. Well...maybe just one...
** Among one of the best exchanges is included here:
-->'''John:''' We goin' for the ride now?
-->'''Paul:''' That's right, we goin' for the ride!
* "YOU ''WATCH,'' YOU SON OF A BITCH!"
* Brutal punching Percy. Never in cinematic history has a punch been so deserved.
* As evil as Billy was, watching him threaten to rape Percy, reducing him to a sobbing mess and causing him to piss his pants, can be oddly satisfying to see depending on your viewpoint. And then Percy kills him.