* Clint Eastwood proving why he's the first one.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6tR78d0cmA The three-way Mexican Standoff at the end.]] [[SincerityMode Three guys eyeballing one another for five minutes straight has never been so breathtaking.]]
-->"You pig. You wanted to get me killed! When did you unload it?"
* One of Tuco's [[OneLiner One Liners]], following him subverting a JustBetweenYouAndMe moment by shooting his would-be assailant:
-->"When you have to shoot, ''shoot'', don't talk!"
* Or the part where he sacrifices his TrueCompanions in order to pull a ClickHello on Blondie - with his spurs. Simultaneously an instance of [[KickTheDog dog-kicking]] and an awesome moment for the character.
* The amazingly rousing music, courtesy of legend Music/EnnioMorricone.
* "Were you gonna die alone?"
* Angel Eyes' introduction. It's ''so'' damn evil it crosses the line into awesome.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubVc2MQwMkg Tuco trying to find the grave that the gold is buried in.]] He runs through the graveyard, searching every headstone, but as the shot continues, with Tuco running through an endless forest of headstones, one begins to get a sense of perspective, of just how ''insignificant'' these three men and their petty struggle is compared to [[UsefulNotes/TheAmericanCivilWar what is happening in the world everywhere they turn.]] Hundreds of thousands of men are dying in this war, and three vagabonds fight over a pile of money.
* The very fact that Eli Wallach came out of filming alive after all the dangers and misfortunes he faced filming. He survived accidental poisoning and strangulation for this one role and he made it out in more or less one piece.
* Tuco getting revenge on Corporal Wallace by throwing him off the train with him, killing him and then severing the cuffs via an oncoming train.
* Blondie's scathing remark to Tuco when the latter threatened to kill him after Blondie found out the name on the grave where the gold is buried: "If you [kill me], you'll always be poor, just like the greasy rat that you are." ''Ouch''.
* So Tuco is by the blistered Blondie's bedside, desperately begging him to tell him the name on the grave in which the gold is buried. Blondie beckons him closer... and throws coffee in the bandit's face. And then to stop Tuco from doing or saying anything violent, proceeds to shut him up with just a few words.
-->'''Blondie''': I'll... sleep better... knowing... my... good friend... is by my side... to protect me.
* Tuco's TheReasonYouSuckSpeech to Pablo, calling him out for his hypocrisy.
* Having been left behind by Blondie in the middle of nowhere, Tuco makes it back to town by having to walk day and night through a scorching desert, ''through sheer force of willpower alone''. We see him at the end of his journey and he's dehydrated and absolutely exhausted. You can only imagine what he had to go through to finally reach town.