* Clint Eastwood proving why he's the first one.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6tR78d0cmA The three-way Mexican Standoff at the end.]] [[SincerityMode Three guys eyeballing one another for five minutes straight has never been so breathtaking.]]
-->"How did you know I wouldn't shoot?"
-->"I took the bullets out of your gun."
* One of Tuco's [[OneLiner One Liners]], following him subverting a JustBetweenYouAndMe moment by shooting his would-be assailant:
-->"When you have to shoot, ''shoot'', don't talk!"
* Or the part where he sacrifices his TrueCompanions in order to pull a ClickHello on Blondie - with his spurs. Simultaneously an instance of [[KickTheDog dog-kicking]] and an awesome moment for the character.
* The amazingly rousing music, courtesy of legend Music/EnnioMorricone.
* "Were you gonna die alone?"
* Angel Eyes' introduction. It's ''so'' damn evil it crosses the line into awesome.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubVc2MQwMkg Tuco trying to find the grave that the gold is buried in.]] He runs through the graveyard, searching every headstone, but as the shot continues, with Tuco running through an endless forest of headstones, one begins to get a sense of perspective, of just how ''insignificant'' these three men and their petty struggle is compared to [[UsefulNotes/TheAmericanCivilWar what is happening in the world everywhere they turn.]] Hundreds of thousands of men are dying in this war, and three vagabonds fight over a pile of money.
* The very fact that Eli Wallach came out of filming alive after all the dangers and misfortunes he faced filming. He survived accidental poisoning and strangulation for this one role and he made it out in more or less one piece.