* Clint Eastwood proving why he's the first one.
* The three-way MexicanStandoff at the end.
-->"How did you know I wouldn't shoot?"
-->"I took the bullets out of your gun."
* One of Tuco's [[OneLiner One Liners]], following him subverting a JustBetweenYouAndMe moment by shooting his would-be assailant:
-->"If you're gonna shoot, ''shoot'', don't talk!"
* Or the part where he sacrifices his TrueCompanions in order to pull a ClickHello on Blondie - with his spurs. Simultaneously an instance of [[KickTheDog dog-kicking]] and an awesome moment for the character.
* The amazingly rousing music, courtesy of legend Music/EnnioMorricone.
* "Were you gonna die alone?"
* Angel Eyes' introduction. It's ''so'' damn evil it crosses the line into awesome.
* Tuco trying to find the grave that the gold is buried in. He runs through the graveyard, searching every headstone, but as the shot continues, with Tuco running through an endless forest of headstones, one begins to get a sense of perspective, of just how ''insignificant'' these three men and their petty struggle is compared to [[TheAmericanCivilWar what is happening in the world everywhere they turn.]] Hundreds of thousands of men are dying in this war, and three vagabonds fight over a pile of money.