* Clint Eastwood proving why he's the first one.
* The three-way MexicanStandoff at the end.
-->"How did you know I wouldn't shoot?"
-->"I took the bullets out of your gun."
* One of Tuco's [[OneLiner One Liners]], following him subverting a JustBetweenYouAndMe moment by shooting his would-be assailant:
-->"When you have to shoot, ''shoot'', don't talk!"
* Or the part where he sacrifices his TrueCompanions in order to pull a ClickHello on Blondie - with his spurs. Simultaneously an instance of [[KickTheDog dog-kicking]] and an awesome moment for the character.
* The amazingly rousing music, courtesy of legend Music/EnnioMorricone.
* "Were you gonna die alone?"
* Angel Eyes' introduction. It's ''so'' damn evil it crosses the line into awesome.
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubVc2MQwMkg Tuco trying to find the grave that the gold is buried in.]] He runs through the graveyard, searching every headstone, but as the shot continues, with Tuco running through an endless forest of headstones, one begins to get a sense of perspective, of just how ''insignificant'' these three men and their petty struggle is compared to [[UsefulNotes/TheAmericanCivilWar what is happening in the world everywhere they turn.]] Hundreds of thousands of men are dying in this war, and three vagabonds fight over a pile of money.