* [[VisualEffectsOfAwesome Crowning Moments of Tornadoes, Floods, and Big Freezes]]
* Jeremy protects the Gutenberg [[Literature/TheBible Bible]] from burning not out of faith (he's a HollywoodAtheist), but because it was the first printed book in Western history.
--> '''Jeremy''': It represents the dawn of the Age of Reason. You can laugh, but if Western civilization is finished, I'm gonna save at least one little piece of it.
** [[FridgeLogic Of course]], they were surrounded by literally ''millions'' of books, so it was a mite unnecessary sacrifice.
* An understated moment for Laura. A French mother and her child are trapped in the back of a taxi during the flood of New York. A cop is on the scene to help, but can't give them any instructions since the mother doesn't speak English. Laura sees this and doubles back through the rising waters, and translates for the cop, allowing him to rescue the mother and child. Laura put her hard-earned knowledge and bilingual skills to good use and saved two lives with it. Knowledge is power!
* One climatologist verbally serving the Vice President after Jack has recommended abandoning the northern half of the United States and moving everyone else farther south. The VP dismisses it all as fake, saying it's 'easy' for him since he's safe up here, before:
-->'''Geologist:''' (bluntly) His son is in Manhattan. I just thought you should know that before you start questioning his motives.
** Earlier in the meeting, Jack says that Mexico is probably the best place for the fleeing American refugees to migrate to. The Vice President scoffs at this and says Jack should leave the science to the scientists and the politics to the administration. The same geologist, who earlier had been on Jack's ass for beefing with the VP, shuts down the VP by stating they tried that, but he didn't want to listen before it could've made a difference. The VP is appropriately silenced.
* Laura is dying from an infected leg. Sam, Brian and one another brave the cold and board an abandoned Russian ship to scavenge medicine for her.
** And eventually, Jack and Jason find Sam and crew, before being rescued.