* "Can't we talk about this like two reasonable human beings?" *wham*
* From a film-making standpoint, the first-person sequences are each [[CrowningMomentofAwesome Crowning Moments of Awesome]] in their own right. In fact, the crew spent over a year developing a camera that could actually accomplish them. Particularly the opening scene.
** On a meta-example, this film was proof a female director (Creator/KathrynBigelow) could do a full blown action film (though she was also responsible for ''Film/PointBreak1991'' as well), but over a decade later, she makes ''Film/TheHurtLocker'' and ''Film/ZeroDarkThirty''.
* Don't pretend you didn't cheer when Lenny [[spoiler: pulled Max's knife out of his own back, cut his necktie off, and sent Max plummeting to his death.]]
* "Enjoy the Party..."
* Sadly, it's a cut scene, but how Lenny arranges things to get into the giant, sold out VIP and police-infested party where people would love to kill him is pretty damn awesome. Happy New Year, indeed!
* After Steckler and Engelman have forced Lenny and Mace to give up what we think is the tape of [[spoiler: Jeriko One's murder]], and Lenny and Mace have barely escaped with their lives:
-->'''Mace:''' I can't believe you had to give them the damn tape.
-->'''Lenny:''' Yeah I know. It was one of my favorites: me and Faith in the hot tub on my birthday. (''takes the actual tape out of his jacket'') Are we impressed yet?
-->'''Mace:''' Yeah, pretty impressed.
* The riot that erupts [[spoiler: as a response to Mace's beating at the hands of SWAT.]]
* Not awesome: Officer Steckler charges towards Lenny and Mace, gun drawn, screaming racial epithets and misogynistic slurs at Mace. The awesome part is when [[spoiler:he is summarily dispatched by his comrades in a hail of bullets, not unlike the way he took out Jeriko One. Apparently not all cops are bad. It's immensely satisfying to see the cowardly racist bastard crumple.]]
* A personal one for Michael Wincott: as Philo gets angrier, his accent slips from a fairly refined upper class English to a broad Cockney. Wincott is actually Canadian.