[[caption-width-right:350:"We have cleared space-doors."]]
* Arrival at Spacedock.
* The moment that tall, darkly shadowed figure appears at Kirk's door, throws back his hood--and it's Sarek. Moment of Awesome for Spock's dad, and an OhCrap one for Kirk.
* Pretty much the entire Stealing the ''Enterprise'' sequence.
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k9Ukm9LaWg Warning: secure space doors]]." Kirk: win. Scotty: win. ''Enterprise'': win. ''Excelsior'': not so much.
** Those chugging noises... ''[giggle]''
* "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS4s3XXNLiE I... have HAD... enough of YOU!]]"
** ''Double'' awesome not often remembered: Kirk attempted to ''[[TakeMyHand pull Kruge]] [[SaveTheVillain to safety]]'' despite him having Kirk's son executed less than an hour earlier. Kruge instead chose to be a dick, and an ''incompetent'' dick at that--he couldn't even [[TakingYouWithMe Take Kirk With Him]] properly despite the entire planet collapsing beneath their feet. Manliness, thy name is Kirk, and [[KarmicDeath we ALL... have HAD... enough of YOU, Kruge!]]
* The duel with the Klingon Bird-of-Prey.
* Kruge ''calling'' Kirk on a bluff, the only time it's been seen in any Kirk era story.
* The original ''Enterprise'', in her last moments, takes down half a dozen Klingons with it.
-->'''Torg:''' My lord, the ship appears to be deserted.\\
'''Kruge:''' How can that be? They're hiding!\\
'''Torg:''' Yes, sir. The ship appears to be run by computer. It is the only thing that is speaking.\\
'''Kruge:''' Speaking? Let me hear it.\\
''' ''Enterprise'' computer:''' ''[Torg holds his communicator to it]'' 9...8...7...6...5...\\
'''Kruge:''' [[OhCrap GET OUT! GET OUT OF THERE! GET OUT!]]\\
''' ''Enterprise'' computer:''' 2...1...\\
''[the ''Enterprise'' bridge explodes]''
-->'''T'Lar:''' What you seek has not been done since ages past--and then, only in legend. Your request is not logical.\\
'''Sarek:''' Forgive me, T'Lar. My logic is... uncertain, where my son is concerned.
* Kirk and Sarek after the re-fusion ceremony:
-->'''Sarek:''' Kirk, I thank you. What you have done is...\\
'''Kirk:''' What I have done... I had to do.\\
'''Sarek:''' But at what cost? Your ship. Your son.\\
'''Kirk:''' If I hadn't tried, the cost would have been my soul.
* Spock when his Katra is restored.
* "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many."
* [[BondOneLiner "Don't call me 'Tiny'."]]
** Let's not forget how he easily dispatched the much bigger guard, or how he casually blasted away at the control panel with a delighted look on his face.
** This one deserves a CMOA on a meta level as well, since Creator/GeorgeTakei was opposed to the scene where Sulu is called 'Tiny'. It wasn't until he saw the finished print that he finally admitted that the scene was one of Sulu's finest moments.
* Uhura's part in the plan--she takes a posting at an out of the way transporter station, paired with an obnoxious young officer, then, when Kirk and company enter, she pulls a phaser on "Mr. Adventure" and makes him get in the closet.
** Like the above instance with George Takei, Creator/NichelleNichols was initially upset at how little she had in the script until she actually read the part and loved what she got to do with that little.
** Given the time and circumstances in which the original TV show existed, Uhura was intrinsically awesome just by being an indispensable crew member on the bridge who happened to be a black woman. Whoopi Goldberg cites seeing Uhura on TV as a life-changing moment for her--and that was undoubtedly echoed in the minds of millions of other young people at the time. Giving her a bad-ass action moment here may have been long overdue, but it comes as no surprise that she's more than capable of handling herself.
* TheReveal of the ''Excelsior''. Her first time out of the gate might've been an EpicFail, but she would go on to be a vital part of the Trekiverse, not to mention one of Starfleet's most utilized designs.
* Scotty getting promoted to the rank of Captain ''of Engineering''. Sure, other non-command division people in the various series eventually became captains, but they all did it by getting command of a starship. Scotty is instead promoted because he's just that badass of an engineer.