* Selim shooting Maman. As dickish as Selim is, Maman is such a monster that it's impossible not to cheer.
* Jamal figuring out the host's scheme to feed him a wrong answer, and turning it back on him.
* The dance sequence, which counts more for CrowningMusicOfAwesome
** A.R.Rahman, India's leading composer, explores a great variety of music in the film, both traditional and modern, sometimes [[XMeetsY even a mixture]]. The result? One hell of a soundtrack.
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRbPmybswHE Here is the entire dance sequence, if you don't believe it.]]
* After exhausting a ChekhovsArmory's worth of life experiences to draw his answers from, after using up all of his three lifelines, Jamal [[spoiler:honestly doesn't know the answer to the final 20-million-rupee question and '''makes a guess'''.]] And you know what? [[spoiler:He wins!]]
* Meta example: The children who played young Jamal, Salim, and Latika, along with all the other child extras in the slums, were actual children from the slums with literally ZERO acting experience whatsoever; not that one could tell with just how ''good'' a performance they deliver, better than even some Hollywood child actors.