* A toss-up between [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20050530.html Kevyn annihilating a shielded tank with an epaulet grenade]] and [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20070426.html taking out an entire enemy fortress with his bare hands]].
** Or ''during'' the fortress-kill: "[[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20070424.html Hello again, commodore. I have a tank now. It's very shiny, but there's an ugly stain on the upholstery]]."
* Elf [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20060430.html proving she's beautiful]].
* Breya Andreyasn turning a Dyson Sphere into hash.
* Her ''charging a '''Battleplate''''' (the most powerful individual starships in existence, not counting the Fleetmind) ''with an unarmed diplomatic ship?'' And ''[[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20071216.html winning]]''.
--> '''Breya''': Be a dear, jack in, and play the shields. I need to establish contact with the Touch-and-Go. ''Hull contact.''
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20050611.html The birth of Emperor Pius Dei]], or perhaps [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20050717.html the largest, fastest, and most bloodless military victory in known history]]
** Given that the losses run to 35% it's actually worse than Gettysburg.
*** But considering the kinds of weapons used, there probably wasn't a whole lot of blood left.
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20050622.html This scene alone.]] Like a chainsaw through butter, indeed.
* Pretty much the entirety of the TimeTravel storyline, ''Mad Science Means Never Having To Say "What's the worst that could happen?"''
-->'''Petey:''' Welcome aboard, Captain. I see you made some new friends.\\
'''Captain Tagon:''' Petey, What ''happened?''\\
'''Petey:''' It's a long story. Would you like --\\
'''[[FutureBadass Captain Kevyn]]:''' ''I'' happened.
** Especially [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2005-04-10 this bit]], with Kevyn SaveScumming [[CrazyAwesome the entire galaxy]].
* Currently, LOTA is just a walking, talking, teleporting CMOA. Consider the following:
*** That is ''King'' Lota, [[strike:Longshoreman]] Long-gunner of the Apocalypse, thank you.
** [[http://schlockmercenary.com/d/20080731.html "LOTA shall now juggle seven hundred and fifty tons of cargo using LOTA's military-grade gravitics while flying. Perhaps someday LOTA will find something challenging to do."]]
** LOTA [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090201.html earns]] LOTA's [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20080612.html name]].
** And another one for LOTA: [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090219.html Now please stop pretending that you are the voice of the people. You just happen to be loud, and wearing a microphone.]]
** [[http://schlockmercenary.com/d/20091206.html LOTA, master poker player.]]
** LOTA actually [[BatmanGrabsAGun using a pronoun]] at the start is [[OOCIsSeriousBusiness awesome enough]]. [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2009-01-25]]
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20080427.html "Tagon's badassery with the pugil stick"]]
** [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20030511.html "Don't forget the first time it happened."]]
*** [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20100815.html "Thank you. Now I have a knife."]]
* I would say Petey planning his first mission as an official officer of the crew as well as the resident AI was pretty awesome. Tagon's Toughs are no slouches at getting paid inventively but in his first attempt at a mission Petey managed to get them paid [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20020929.html "five times for a very easy job"]]. Then he just increased the scale of his plans from there.
* Even [[RedShirt John der Trihs]] gets not [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20051031.html one]], but [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20060101.html two]].
** Don't forget [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20051018.html this one.]] Especially the footnote.
* Schlock goes up against a sniper who has been dogging him for a bit. The last time he fought him, his rapid-fire micro-grenade launcher wasn't hitting the target. This time, Schlock knows exactly how long his grenades are going to take to drop, and [[http://schlockmercenary.com/d/20090106.html he's kind enough to let the sniper know.]]
* While we occasionally hear that the clothing-like PoweredArmor bestows SuperStrength, we rarely get to see that feature come into play. Then we have the waif-like Ensign Ventura, surrounded by disabled comrades and an angry mob, and...[[http://schlockmercenary.com/d/20090124.html yikes]].
** [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2009-02-07 Tagon's]] "I don't tell you how to remove bullets. Don't you tell me how to make killing machines back into little girls." is also pretty damn nice.
* Plenty of Petey references here already, but for this troper his finest hour is when the month of strips where we find out he isn't dead, starting [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20040801.html here-ish]]. Especially all of the P.D. puns...
* And there was the time when [[http://schlockmercenary.com/d/20020324.html Massey started a very brief firefight in a courtroom]].
-->"Those not wearing body armor are hereby advised to keep their arguments on-topic."
* Colonel Dehaans subjects the entirety of the Toughs to a memory altering treatment, including Schlock, who promised to find Dehaans after it was over and eat him. Schlock [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20080223.html gets around the memory treatment with his crazy biology.]] Then, [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20080224.html he fulfills the promise he made to the good Colonel.]]
* What, no love for Tag? [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20080520.html Just]] as [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20080521.html trigger-happy]] as the rest of the Toughs, and [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20080522.html not above joking about it too!]]
** And also [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20081017.html this]], though I suppose it counts more for CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming?
* The [[NoNameGiven ore freighter Captain]] inadvertently becoming the principal of Qlavical through an improvised defense of his planet involving "Rocks, ramming and balls of steel" (all three are literal. Even the balls of steel). [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20051218.html "Show me your DREAM MESS!"]]
* I hereby award one to [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20100531.html Nick]].
--> "No curses. If I get dead, it's 'cause I '''chose''' this."
* Schlock gets a promotion by doing a SherlockScan [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090604.html with his]] ''[[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090604.html nose.]]''
* Tailor [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-10-31 confirms]] his [[TookALevelInBadass level of badassery]], originally implied [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-09-18 here]].
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2009-01-02 We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE! ]]
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-11-07 Starting from here,]] [[BigDamnHeroes onward, perhaps the best Big Damn Heroes moment to date.]]
** [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-11-09 Hell Already Slipped It's Leash, Mister Crunchy.]]
** [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-11-10 THIS is what Schlock would do.]]
** [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-11-12 I see angels...]]
** [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-11-13 Awww, we just got here!]]
* This troper personally squee'd when a montage was apparently set to Still Alive.
** This troper did as well, which caused a problem since he was in school at the time.
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-05-27 Here.]]
--> Gripponan smart soles definitely qualify as force multipliers. With the right skills, they allow for amazing feats. And with the right intel, amazing feats become ''legendary ambushes.''
* The entire Longshoreman of the Apocalypse arc is one for Schlock, as he proves himself not only to be capable of forethought and careful restraint, but also proper leadership and quick, creative thinking, such as when he decides to use goober rounds to save his squad after their transport is shut down in mid-flight.
* "Wow. They're like popcorn." "Weak simile. [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2011-07-31 These have to be popped twice.]]"
* Tino shows that he has [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2011-10-02 learned]] from his [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2011-05-28 earlier instruction.]]
** [[MeaningfulEcho "Skeet."]]
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2011-03-17 Kathryn v.s. Schlock]]. Skinny Kathryn beats Schlock with nothing more than her wits and a little force multiplication.
** And Dr. Bunnigus [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2011-04-08 makes it even more awesome]].
* She's always been delightfully snarky, but Tagii really gets to show her stuff in the ''Random Access Memorabilia'' arc, from [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-07-01 providing overwatch]] against [[ItMakesSenseInContext zombie supersoldiers]] to [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-08-05 effortlessly curbstomping]] an attacking warship flotilla. Keep in mind that these zombie supersoldiers were easily on par with Kevyn's streak of badassery during ''The Pointy End of the Stick''.
* Thurl managing to [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-08-15 retake the Touch and Go]] with [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-08-12 a docking shuttle]], [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-08-16 two other crewmembers in inferior armor]], and a logic probe.
* The above action, however, only resulted in [[spoiler: Tagii]] going [[AxeCrazy crazy]]. [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-12-18 Crazy]] ''[[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-12-19 Awesome]]''.
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-12-24 The first rule of AI kill-switches is "Don't talk about the AI kill switch."]]
* [[spoiler:Tagii]], trapped inside [[spoiler:Ennesby's brain]], manages to trick him into transmitting her distress signal. Keep in mind that she was literally ''incapable'' of having more intelligence than him, because she was trapped [[spoiler:''in his brain'']]. And she ''still'' outsmarted him.
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2013-02-23 Bristlecone asks Ventura to recruit Kaff Tagon, and suggests doing so via delegation.]] [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2013-02-24 She does so beautifully.]]
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2013-12-06 Elf demonstrates why she's such a good partner to Kevyn.]]