* A toss-up between [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20050530.html Kevyn annihilating a shielded tank with an epaulet grenade]] and [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20070426.html taking out an entire enemy fortress with his bare hands.]]
** Or ''during'' the fortress-kill: [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20070424.html "Hello again, commodore. I have a tank now. It's very shiny, but there's an ugly stain on the upholstery."]]
* Elf [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20060430.html proving she's beautiful.]]
* Breya Andreyasn turning a Dyson Sphere into hash, starting from nothing more than a repurposed troop transport and a few [[HumanPopsicle frozen terrorists]].
* Her ''charging a '''Battleplate''''' (the most powerful individual starships in existence, not counting the Fleetmind) ''with an unarmed diplomatic ship?'' And ''[[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20071216.html winning.]]''
--> '''Breya''': Be a dear, jack in, and play the shields. I need to establish contact with the Touch-and-Go. ''Hull contact.''
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20050611.html The birth of Emperor Pius Dei]], or perhaps [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20050717.html the largest, fastest, and most bloodless military victory in known history.]]
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20050622.html This scene alone.]] Like a chainsaw through butter, indeed.
* Pretty much the entirety of the TimeTravel storyline, ''Mad Science Means Never Having To Say "What's the worst that could happen?"''
-->'''Petey:''' Welcome aboard, Captain. I see you made some new friends.\\
'''Captain Tagon:''' Petey, What ''happened?''\\
'''Petey:''' It's a long story. Would you like --\\
'''[[FutureBadass Captain Kevyn]]:''' ''I'' happened.
** Especially [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2005-04-10 this bit]], with Kevyn SaveScumming [[CrazyAwesome the entire galaxy]].
* Currently, LOTA is just a walking, talking, teleporting CMOA. Consider the following:
** [[http://schlockmercenary.com/d/20080731.html "LOTA shall now juggle seven hundred and fifty tons of cargo using LOTA's military-grade gravitics while flying. Perhaps someday LOTA will find something challenging to do."]]
** LOTA [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090201.html earns]] LOTA's [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20080612.html name.]]
** And another one for LOTA: [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090219.html Now please stop pretending that you are the voice of the people. You just happen to be loud, and wearing a microphone.]]
** [[http://schlockmercenary.com/d/20091206.html LOTA, master poker player.]]
** LOTA actually [[BatmanGrabsAGun using a pronoun]] at the start is [[OOCIsSeriousBusiness awesome enough]], as seen [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2009-01-25 here.]]
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20080427.html "Tagon's badassery with the pugil stick"]]
** [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20030511.html "Don't forget the first time it happened."]]
*** [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20100815.html "Thank you. Now I have a knife."]]
* Petey planning his first mission as an official officer of the crew as well as the resident AI was pretty awesome. Tagon's Toughs are no slouches at getting paid inventively but in his first attempt at a mission Petey managed to get them paid [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20020929.html "five times for a very easy job".]] Then he just increased the scale of his plans from there.
* Even [[RedShirt John der Trihs]] gets not [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20051031.html one]], but [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20060101.html two.]]
** Don't forget [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20051018.html this one.]] Especially the footnote.
* Schlock goes up against a sniper who has been dogging him for a bit. The last time he fought him, his rapid-fire micro-grenade launcher wasn't hitting the target. This time, Schlock knows exactly how long his grenades are going to take to drop, and [[http://schlockmercenary.com/d/20090106.html he's kind enough to let the sniper know.]]
* While we occasionally hear that the clothing-like PoweredArmor bestows SuperStrength, we rarely get to see that feature come into play. Then we have the waif-like Ensign Ventura, surrounded by disabled comrades and an angry mob, and...[[http://schlockmercenary.com/d/20090124.html yikes.]]
** [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2009-02-07 Tagon's]] "I don't tell you how to remove bullets. Don't you tell me how to make killing machines back into little girls." is also pretty damn nice.
* Plenty of Petey references here already, but his finest hour is perhaps when the month of strips where we find out he isn't dead, starting [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20040801.html here-ish]]. Especially all of the P.D. puns...
* And there was the time when [[http://schlockmercenary.com/d/20020324.html Massey started a very brief firefight in a courtroom.]]
-->"Those not wearing body armor are hereby advised to keep their arguments on-topic."
* Colonel Dehaans subjects the entirety of the Toughs to a memory altering treatment, including Schlock, who promised to find Dehaans after it was over and eat him. Schlock [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20080223.html gets around the memory treatment with his crazy biology.]] Then, [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20080224.html he fulfills the promise he made to the good Colonel.]]
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20080520.html Tag is just]] as [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20080521.html trigger-happy]] as the rest of the Toughs, and [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20080522.html not above joking about it too!]]
** And also [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20081017.html this.]]
* The [[NoNameGiven ore freighter Captain]] inadvertently becoming the principal of Qlavical through an improvised defense of his planet involving "Rocks, ramming and balls of steel" (all three are literal. Even the balls of steel). [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20051218.html "Show me your DREAM MESS!"]]
* Corporal Nicholson has his moments of awesomeness, but he really shines [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20100531.html when crunch-time hits]] in spite of his worries [[spoiler:about the CartwrightCurse he believes himself to be under.]]
--> "No curses. If I get dead, it's 'cause I '''chose''' this."
* Schlock gets a promotion by doing a SherlockScan [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090604.html with his]] ''[[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20090604.html nose.]]''
* Tailor [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-10-31 confirms]] his [[TookALevelInBadass level of badassery]], originally implied [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-09-18 here.]]
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2009-01-02 We don't run from the end of the world. We CHARGE!]]
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-11-07 Starting from here,]] [[BigDamnHeroes onward, perhaps the best Big Damn Heroes moment to date.]]
** [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-11-09 Hell Already Slipped It's Leash, Mister Crunchy.]]
** [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-11-10 THIS is what Schlock would do.]]
** [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-11-12 I see angels...]]
** [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-11-13 Awww, we just got here!]]
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-05-27 Here]] we see Captain Tagon demonstrating that while he may be BookDumb, he's no slouch in the tactical department.
--> Gripponan smart soles definitely qualify as force multipliers. With the right skills, they allow for amazing feats. And with the right intel, amazing feats become ''legendary ambushes.''
* The entire Longshoreman of the Apocalypse arc is one for Schlock, as he proves himself not only to be capable of forethought and careful restraint, but also proper leadership and quick, creative thinking, such as when he decides to use goober rounds to save his squad after their transport is shut down in mid-flight.
* "Wow. They're like popcorn." "Weak simile. [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2011-07-31 These have to be popped twice.]]"
* Tino shows that he has [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2011-10-02 learned]] from his [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2011-05-28 earlier instruction.]]
** [[MeaningfulEcho "Skeet."]]
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2011-03-17 Kathryn v.s. Schlock.]] Skinny Kathryn beats Schlock with nothing more than her wits and a little force multiplication.
** And Dr. Bunnigus [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2011-04-08 makes it even more awesome]] by calling Schlock on his chauvinism.
* She's always been delightfully snarky, but Tagii really gets to show her stuff in the ''Random Access Memorabilia'' arc, from [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-07-01 providing overwatch]] against [[ItMakesSenseInContext zombie supersoldiers]] to [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-08-05 effortlessly curbstomping]] an attacking warship flotilla. Keep in mind that these zombie supersoldiers were easily on par with Kevyn's streak of badassery during ''The Pointy End of the Stick''.
* Thurl managing to [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-08-15 retake the Touch and Go]] with [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-08-12 a docking shuttle]], [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-08-16 two other crewmembers in inferior armor]], and a logic probe.
* The above action, however, only resulted in [[spoiler: Tagii]] going [[AxeCrazy crazy]]. [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-12-18 Crazy]] ''[[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-12-19 Awesome]]''.
** To put that in perspective, the ''Morokweng'' was one of the largest, most powerful ships in the galaxy, with a crew of over 50,000. Tagii took it down in SECONDS, and in the process outsmarted literally everyone else around her.
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2012-12-24 The first rule of AI kill-switches is "Don't talk about the AI kill switch."]]
* [[spoiler:Tagii]], trapped inside [[spoiler:Ennesby's brain]], manages to trick him into transmitting her distress signal. Keep in mind that she was literally ''incapable'' of having more intelligence than him, because she was trapped [[spoiler:''in his brain'']]. And she ''still'' outsmarted him.
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2013-02-23 Bristlecone asks Ventura to recruit Kaff Tagon, and suggests doing so via delegation.]] [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2013-02-24 She does so beautifully.]]
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2013-12-06 Elf demonstrates why she's such a good partner to Kevyn.]]
* Captain Landon, Internal Affairs officer for the JSF. In an enemy stronghold, surrounded by heavily-armed officers, and he's the only one who hasn't been suborned by a nanite hack. Most people wouldn't survive such a scenario. [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2015-01-18 Most people aren't uplifted polar bears.]]
** Captain Landon then proceeds to pretty much [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2015-03-08 wipe out the remaining suborned JSC troops left over after the Toughs take out their main force]] [[OneManArmy singlehandedly]].
---> "Maxim 35: That which does not kill me has committed a tactical error."
* Kevyn teaches Schlock physics. [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2009-01-06 Schlock learns how to shoot around corners.]]
* Schlock provides close air support. ''[[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2015-02-01 With chainsaws, hammers, and flying cars.]]''
--> "Schlock has no horse, no armor, and no sword, but even the mightiest Mongol horse warrior would see in him a fit heir."
* [[http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2015-03-03 Maxim 20:]] [[HeroicSacrifice "If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win."]]
* The Space Station Eina-Afa, aka the Can Full of Sky. That it was created in the first place in-universe is impressive enough (although, as noted in-comic, once you have a story beat about a literal Dyson Shell, engineering achievements lose their luster a bit). But the real credit goes to Howard for coming up with the inside of it, figuring out how the weather systems inside a giant, spinning can of sky might function without use of technobabble or SciFiWritersHaveNoSenseOfScale.
* Sanctum Adroit foils a pair of criminals just by ''arriving'' at Eina-Afa. They didn't actually do anything, the crooks just booked it once they realized who was coming to town. Now ''that's'' reputation.
* Schlock shutting down Kevyn wanting to confiscate his trademark Plasma Cannons:
---> '''Kevyn:'''You're arguing a lot more than you used to, Sergeant. Do these epaulets mean nothing to you?
---> '''Schlock:'''They mean you outrank me. You still don't get shot at enough. So there is a bomb the size of the whole world sitting on an annie-plant and we need to disarm it. And if we screw up, everybody dies. ''Fine.'' We'll take full loadouts of no-heat goober, DT stunners, cold-flash-bangs, and gas grenades, plus stun batons for up-close-and-personal work. But for that unexpected clump of stun-proof, shielded bogeys who plan to kill us before we can get close to our target we ''will'' be bringing the heavy stuff. Just in case. ''Sir.''