* Roseanne and Dan have just found out that Rosanne's sister, Jackie, was being physically abused by her boyfriend. As Rosanne takes Jackie to the hospital, Dan just stands there, looking ''very pissed''... before grabbing his coat and stomping out the door, clearly out for blood. Half the studio audience did the standard dramatic "Ohhh!" The other half ''applauded.''
--> '''Roseanne''': Well, what did he say?
-->'''Dan''': Mostly "Ow, ow, my head."
** A better moment is later on when the police come to arrest Dan after Fisher calls the police afterwards. Dan insists on going along quietly.
** Also, from the second half of the two parter of the above episode, Roseanne's final words to Jackie's boyfriend, Fisher:
--> '''Roseanne''': You just make sure you never come near Jackie again, because to get to her, you'll have to get through me, and I'm a lot more dangerous than Dan. I own a loose meat restaurant; I know what to do with the body.
** And then she breaks his television.
* The episode "Roseambo". Roseanne kicking some serious terrorist ass was awesome enough, but when one of the remaining guys snuck through the window and tried to attack, Mark immediately whirls around and ''shoves the guy through an open window''.
--> '''Roseanne''': Mark, remember all those times you screwed up? This isn't one of them.
* In the episode ''Don't Make Me Over'' Becky and Darlene give Roseanne a beauty spa package for Mother's Day, trying to butter her up and let them go to an out of town concert for a weekend. Roseanne, thinking that they were actually trying to be nice to her for a change, is heartbroken when she learns the truth and is reduced to tears. Dan steps in and saves the day by giving the girls a very deserving tongue-lashing, carting them off to be with Bev for a very boring weekend, and taking Roseanne out for a romantic dinner and weekend. This was after Roseanne had complained earlier that Dan was not a good disciplinarian.
* When Becky leaves and decides to start staying with Jackie, it causes a lot of friction between Jackie, Dan, and Roseanne. When Darlene visits her at Jackie's apartment she calls her sister out on the fact that her selfishness is causing everyone to be miserable, and points out that she was the one who covered for her, and got grounded, when she lied about Becky going out with Mark and Becky never came to her defense.
-->'''Darlene''': Becky, you're a selfish, inconsiderate, spoiled little brat!
* In ''Home Economics'' D.J. was being bullied at school by Kevin Morgan, who told him to bring him a Twinkie every day. However, Kevin's dad comes to the Conner house and insists that ''D.J.'' has been bullying Kevin. D.J. explains that he decided to get an older girl named Maxine Spencer to bully Kevin, by giving ''her'' a Twinkie every day. D.J. then explains that he tells Kevin he'll get Maxine to back off in exchange for two Twinkies every day. D.J. keeps one for himself and gives the other to Maxine as payment.
-->'''Roseanne''': He ''is'' a genius.
** Followed by Kevin's dad getting in DJ's face and ordering him to call off his deal. [[PapaWolf Dan doesn't take very kindly to that]] and yanks the guy off him.
-->'''Dan''': Woah, back up there or I'll give my wife a doughnut to beat YOUR butt!"
* David gets two in one of the Thanksgiving episodes. When he discovers that Mark knows absolutely nothing about football, David offers to teach him about it. When Mark starts making fun of him regardless, David makes up a bunch of nonsense just so Mark will embarrass himself. During the end credits, when Mark is still being an UngratefulBastard as David fixes a rip in his jeans, David pulls out the seams from the back and Mark walks out of the room unaware that his bare ass is showing.
* David gets yet another in "Lost Youth". After Mark spends the entire episode bullying him and flirting with a girl he likes out of pure spite, David finally calls him out: "You were willing to risk your own marriage just to hurt me! [...] Put me down, take a girl away from me, whatever it takes to make you feel superior. Just remember, Mark, besides Becky I'm the only person around here who gives a crap about you!" Mark immediately goes off to break the plans he'd made with the girl.