* Kurogane magnificently one ups Lady Kaede with a thinly veiled TheReasonYouSuckSpeech.
* Saburo's CallingTheOldManOut moment during the beginning. Particularly when he subverts TheSonsAndTheSpears trope to emphasize the fallibility of Hidetora's plan.
* [[spoiler: Kurogane pulls off his second SugarWiki/MomentOfAwesome when he [[EvenEvilHasStandards slays Lady Kaede]] after finding out she successfully had [[ThePollyanna Lady Sué]] assassinated.]]
* Old man Hidetora, at his age, kills a soldier with a bow and arrow. As we see in the opening, he can also still perform archery on horseback. He's also more than willing to march down a set of stairs with his sword drawn and fight. Sadly his first swing breaks against a helmet.
* The attack on the Third Castle. A [[WarIsHell horrifically staged]], [[SceneryPorn horrifyingly beautiful]] sequence.
* Saburo's commander is like Kurogane in that he knows how to wage war. Unlike Kurogane he isn't ignored so Saburo's much smaller army falls back into the woods and keep shooting down Jiro's larger forces without losing a single man.