* Sometimes you can get rare Lil' Oinks. The Golden ones drop Ultra Shrooms and Silver ones drop Jammin' Jellies. You can combine the items to make the best healing item in the game, the Jelly Ultra.
* Seeing Dry Dry Ruins come out of the ground for the first time.
* Defeating The Master at full power in the first game. The CrowningMusicOfAwesome that accompanies it makes it even better.
* Defeating Tubba Blubba and freeing the Boos.
* Everything about General Guy; he made an awesome, fun boss with great music.
* Kolorado tries to attack Lava Piranha ''while it's on fire''.
* Misstar saving the party from the erupting volcano.
* Helping the Sun rise in Flower Fields.
* Peach gets several throughout the game for refusing to stay locked up and trying to help Mario however she can by spying. She can even send him powerful items and badges, and the Sneaky Parasol event makes it better.
* The citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom all wishing for the Princess to be alright as you ascend to the final level. Even the one who just wants to eat Shroom Cake.
* Then there's [[TheDragon Kammy Koopa]] being defeated by [[spoiler: ''Twink'']].
* During the last chapter's first cutscene, the game hands us one. [[spoiler:After [[TheDragon Kammy Koopa]] tells [[BigBad Bowser]] that [[TheHero Mario]] has saved all of the Star Spirits, he ties up Princess Peach and decides to kill Mario himself. Twink of all people jumps in to try and save Peach by attacking the [[EliteMooks Koopatrol]].]] Sure, it didn't work, but hey, it was awesome nonetheless.
* Peach wishing for the Star Beam to gain power after [[spoiler: Bowser cancels it out]].
* A villainous one from the beginning of the game: Bowser storms Star Haven, kidnaps the star spirits, and takes the star rod, all without any sort of opposition. He then proceeds to use this power to come far closer to actually KILLING Mario than any other instance in the entire series.
* Another villainous one by Kammy: she displays GenreSavvy all throughout the game, which includes not trusting Peach's answers when Bowser questions her about Mario's weaknesses and seeing through Peach's clever disguise late in the game. On top of all that, [[spoiler: she subverts a major villain cliche by preparing a secret weapon for Mario's arrival, even saying, "Do you really think we were foolish enough to just sit back and watch as you save the Star Spirits?"]]
[[folder:Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door]]
* The Glitzville chapter. Battle tournaments, screaming fans, and a super-creepy mystery? Badass.
** Not to mention getting to name a BadassAdorable Yoshi and if you know the waiting how many minutes trick to wait before running from a HopelessBossFight you can also get the color you want the Yoshi to be as well.
* The climax of Keelhaul Key. [[spoiler: Two [[CoolBoat awesome sailing ships]], one the [[AnachronismStew high-tech]] [[SpikesOfVillainy spike covered]] X-Naut ship, the other a [[AfterlifeExpress haunted]] [[GhostPirate pirate ship]] commanded by [[DefeatMeansFriendship the boss you just beat]], face off in the bay and launch a full-on boarding battle, culminating in a boss fight against [[RecurringBoss Lord Crump]] and [[FlunkyBoss his minions in attack formations]].]] Now ''that'' is how you finish a chapter!
* Also [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLJuveOm7fs the launch of the Big Cannon]] in Chapter 7.
** Plus what's not awesome about fighting a mech in a high tech base on the moon?
* In Chapter 8 of The Thousand Year Door, Vivian tells off Beldam, who has been mistreating her all their time together, and fights her alongside Mario.
-->'''Vivian''': I'm with Mario all the way! [[TheDogBitesBack Today, Sis, I am going to punish YOU]], do you hear me?
* During the final battle, [[spoiler: everyone around the world starts to cheer for Mario. They're on the edge of despair and plunged in darkness, but seeing the Crystal Star show up in their area reminds them of Mario's impact on them in his adventure, and it revitalises their hope. It definitely reflects on the player too-- you've come so far, and seeing all these characters rooting for you and showing the progress you've made, is just amazing. It definitely counts as a TearJerker and a CrowningMomentOfHeartWarming all at once.]]
* The climax of Chapter 6, in which the little dust bunny things from the day before invade the train and take almost every passenger onto the roof, at which point they merge together. It's Mario vs. a multitentacled monster on the top of a train known for extremely high speeds. Combined with the music, it's absolutely amazing.
* Anytime Mario and company Super Guard successfully, the awesomeness of the [=SG=] being directly proportional to the flash and power of the attack. In some cases, there are opportunities for Awesome Moments against weak enemies, such as if Mario Super Guards against the Goomba Bros.' sneak attack during the opening bout of the Glitz Pit. (Depending on the requirements, Mario may be free to whale on them in his next opening turn, which only amplifies his entrance to the put).
[[folder:Super Paper Mario]]
* In Chapter 7-4 of ''Super Paper Mario'', [[BigDamnHeroes Rebbi arrives with a brigade of Nimbis]] to help Mario and co. get past massive squadron of Skellobits and Skellobombers.
--> '''Rebbi:''' [[SophisticatedAsHell THOU ART TOAST!]]
* In Chapter 8-2 of ''Super Paper Mario'', you have to fight Mimi ([[RecurringBoss AGAIN]]) at the end, but this time you can only play as Peach. Nothing is better than kicking the most annoying boss's ass using [[ActionGirl Peach]], ''of all characters''. And to top that off, creepy but [[CrowningMusicOfAwesome awesome music]] plays in the background.
** Don't forget that Peach reveals her annoyance at being the DamselScrappy. Then, after the battle [[spoiler: she attempts to save Mimi's life.]] If that doesn't [[RescuedFromTheScrappyHeap save her from the scrappy heap]], I don't know what will.
* Tippi's TheReasonYouSuckSpeech to [[spoiler:Super Dimentio]] shortly before his death.
--> '''Tippi:''' Not everything is set in stone. Some things we decide for ourselves.
** Bowser's line makes it even better:
-->You believed in your prophecy, and we believed in mopping the FLOOR with you!
** Oh yeah, and [[spoiler:Dimentio]]'s TakingYouWithMe move that could only be canceled out [[spoiler:''BY MARRIAGE'']]. I just find it cool he didn't rely on the heroes being dumb enough to do absolutely nothing, as most tend to do.
[[folder:Paper Mario: Sticker Star]]
* Any time Mario warps reality with the power of Stickers, Paperization, and Things.
* At the end of World 1, a team of Goombas show resourcefulness with their papery bodies and group together as the boss. Suddenly they're a NotSoHarmlessVillain.
* Goombas and Koopas have skills to back up their words this time around.
* The unveiling of Drybake Tower.
* The boss of World 3, [[spoiler: Gooper Blooper]], getting HoistByHisOwnPetard, should the player use the proper Thing sticker ([[spoiler:sponge]]). Mario gets an [[AwesomeMusic/PaperMario awesome]] ThemeMusicPowerUp and the boss won't be able to hit him. Kind of cathartic after all the problems the boss has caused for the forest.
* The final boss battle. [[spoiler: Bowser]] just keeps throwing wave after wave at you, culminating in the prerequisite OneWingedAngel. All of this even more awesome by getting a ThemeMusicPowerUp at the end, thanks to [[spoiler: Kersti's sacrifice]], and going to town on the boss.
** The only way to potentially make it more awesome is to [[SelfImposedChallenge skip the power up]] and go [[DeathOfAThousandCuts Thousand Cuts]] on the Boss' final form instead.