* Colette in Germany, throwing the country's past into the face of every local she meets.
** And later singing the ''Deutschlandlied'' (German national anthem) at the fete in Kennedy's honor.
** For clarification, the third stanza is considered "official"; the first one is considered to have been tainted due to the link of Naziism with German nationalism. So Collette purposely singing it was provocative for a reason.
* Maggie stabbing a man with a fork when he tries to rape her.
-->"I'm not included in the price of your ticket."
* Laura calmly talking to gun-toting Haitians who board the plane in ''"Unscheduled Departures"'' ([[HiddenDepths in their own language]]) and finding out they just want some food, followed by Maggie putting an increasingly belligerent passenger in his place.
* Kate getting things done in the Soviet Union in 1963.
* Some parts Tearjerker, several parts awesome is the final scene of the first season finale. The whole gang gathers on Ted's balcony and watches the ball drop in Times Square ushering in 1964. Dean and Colette reconcile and Ted and Laura have a sweet moment, Ted not wanting to spoil Laura's happiness by telling her about [[spoiler: Amanda's pregnancy]]. Then the Pan Am theme song fades into Aung Lang Syne and the scene closes on everyone looking just a bit sad. And thus, Pan Am's [[ScrewedByTheNetwork probable final episode]] closes.