* When Abigail disobeys Cornelius, who told her to stay away from the poison gas, and rescues Michelle from her gas-filled house. Cornelius, later, expresses his thankfulness to Abigail.
--> '''Cornelius''': Abigail, for once, I'm glad you didn't listen to me.
* Abigail defending herself from a hungry owl with a thorn and a magnifying glass.
* Also when Edgar stands up to Waggs when he insults Michelle.
--> '''Waggs''': Why would a mole, a mouse, and a hedgehog try to save a foul-smelling, worm-eating, good-for-nothing badger?!
--> '''Edgar''': Michelle's none of those things, she's our friend, understand?! Step aside!
* The Flapper-Wingamathing! Why is it that nobody has written that down until now?
* The fact that the film ends by subverting (in the correct use of the term) HumansAreBastards so thoroughly! Cornelius sums up the effect this must have had on every 90s kid watching this for the first time: "In all my years, I... I've never seen..."