* The superpowered finishers Nier does at the end of every boss fight.
** Special mention to the final fight with the Knave of Hearts, when Nier stops playing around and kills it, once and for all, by strangling it with Dark Hand.
* When the player finally gets to see in-game the scene that goes along with Kaine's [[RRatedOpening dialogue at startup]].
--> '''Kaine''': [to Weiss] Now pull your head out of your goddamn ass and ''start [[PrecisionFStrike fucking]] helping us!''
* Father Nier reaction when he sees the knaves of hearts tearing the door down.
-->'''Weiss''': Dear lord, what is that thing?
-->'''Nier''': Something that's gonna die.
* Sechs, King of Facade, turns into a walking CrowningMomentOfAwesome in the second half of the game.
** Leading a RoaringRampageOfRevenge against the wolf pack living in the desert.
** Personally [[ImpaledWithExtremePrejudice spearing]] Roc, the Shade-possessed wolf.
** His out-of-nowhere BigDamnHeroes moment in TheVeryDefinitelyFinalDungeon, which culminates in him doing what even Nier and company couldn't do: killing [[NighInvulnerable Go]][[TheJuggernaut o]][[FullBoarAction se]].
* A meta-example, but one worth nothing, nonetheless - in spite of its failure at retail, the game is getting another installment, developed by Creator/PlatinumGames.