* Richard saving Door when he sees her bleeding in the streets and begging for help. He also refuses to listen to Jessica's protests. It shows how much of a NiceGuy Richard is, especially when he hides Door from Mr. Croup and Mr. Vandemar and realizes he's in over his head.
* Richard killing the Beast and earning the name 'The Warrior' from Hunter, of all people.
* Richard surviving the ''fucking'' Ordeal. That kind of mental pressure, after all that's happened to him - it's amazing he didn't crack.
* Door opening a door in an assassin's chest.
* The Marquis de Carabas' BatmanGambit. [[spoiler:Baddies always tend to spout their evil plans in front of people they're gonna kill. So the Marquis bets on this, and gives his life to a friend for safekeeping so that he can resurrect after they've killed him. That's some BatmanGambit.]]
* Hunter dealing out whoop-ass to everyone who wants it.
* Door's [[spoiler:switcheroo with the key and its copy, planting the real one in Richard's pocket, without him even noticing.]] And then her line when [[spoiler:Islington]] realizes that the door she opens [[spoiler:certainly does ''not'' lead to Heaven]]
-->Door: [[spoiler:No. ''I'' opened a door. As hard and far away as I could!]]
* Richard and The Marquis de Carabas are being threatened with torture and death if Door refuses to cooperate with Islington. At this point Mr. Croup and Mr. Vandemar have broken Richard's finger and nearly cut off his ear, so that it needs stitches later. Also, the two killed the Marquis slowly and painfully earlier. Richard and the Marquis both attempt a HeroicSacrifice, with the Marquis' response doubling as a Crowning Moment of Funny.
--> '''Richard''':Don't do it. We don't matter!
--> '''Marquis de Carabas''': Actually, [[ItsAllAboutMe I matter very much]], but I have to agree. Don't do it.
* A tiny one, but at the end Jessica calmly returning her engagement ring. Especially since this is after Jessica was established as a DisposableFiancee and and AlphaBitch.