Because mythology and folklore are the predecessors of modern fiction, they deserve to have their own [[SugarWiki/MomentOfAwesome page of ass-kicking]], not shunted onto some "other" page.
* Atalanta wounding the fierce Calydonian boar...
* ... and Meleager, who subsequently killed it, refusing to take full credit. (It went downhill from there, but still... an honorable gesture.)
* Any time Cuchulainn appears in Celtic mythology, he gets one of these, but possibly his crowning CrowningMomentOfAwesome is taking out [[OneManArmy an entire army. All by himself and SUCCEED.]]
* Huitzilopochtli sprung from his dying mother's womb, dressed in full battle regalia, then proceeded to behead and then dismember his older sister (who killed said mother), and lobbed her head into the sky, creating the moon. He then repeated the process on his four hundred other siblings, creating the stars (either he diced them into smaller chunks or improved his throw). Yeah, the Aztecs didn't just worship ANY god.
* In Myth/HinduMythology: When [[WingedHumanoid Garuda]] steals Amarita from heaven, various gods try to stop him and get their asses kicked. Notably, when Indra strikes Garuda with the Vajra, [[StoneWall it doesn't even scratch him]]. However, Garuda drops a single feather to show his respect to Vajra (it was Shiva's gift to Indra). It takes Vishnu to fight Garuda to a ''draw''. And he did all of that ''before'' gaining godhood.
* Evoked in the EldritchAbomination page, but it needs to be retold here. How does Zeus get rid of Typhon, the most powerful monster in the Greek mythology ever, who by himself could single handledly smack the gods around ? BY CLUBBING HIM WITH THE ENTIRE ISLAND OF SICILY.
* Achilles' life is one long Crowning Moment of Awesome, since he chose a short glorious life (and eternal fame) over a long, quiet one. Highlights include his defeat of Hector and killing the Amazonian Queen Penthesilea.
* The Twelve Labors of Heracles were a number of separate Crowning Moments of Awesome that were eventually linked into a single narrative.
* Empress Jinguu of Japan, due to her husband's stupidity, had to conquer Korea in his place. While pregnant. What did she do? She tied her belly up in a particular way as to prolong the pregnancy and personally led her armies into battle, then had her child after the war.
* Moses, parting the Red Sea.
* Thor, when he faced a frost giant in a duel, found that the giant had cheated by bringing a massive clay golem to the fight to aid him. Thor gave the golem a DeathGlare so epic that the golem immediately pissed itself and dissolved into a puddle. [[Website/BadassOfTheWeek That's right, folks-Thor was so crap-your-pants scary that he could make inanimate constructs spontaneously spawn an excretory system solely for the purposes of wetting themselves.]]
* In TheKalevala:
** World being created from seven eggs of a goldeneye - seven of gold, one of iron
** The Giant Oak, growing from Earth to Heaven, blinding the Sun, Moon and stars
*** ... and a dwarf clad on bronze lamellar armour arises from sea, and fells the oak with just three axe blows
*** the felled trunk of the oak becomes Finland
** Väinämöinen, the greatest sage of all
*** ... who [[CurbStompBattle sings Joukahainen, a cocky upstart, into marsh]]
*** ... who catches the Giant Pike bare-handed [[spoiler:Pikes can be nastier and more vicious than sharks.]]
*** ... who makes a ''kantele'' (traditional Finnish dulcimer-like instrument) out of its jawbone
*** ... and whose music is so bespelling that the ''whole nature'' stops and listens to it
*** ... and who is also one of the greatest swordsmen and war leaders of the era
*** ... and a very accomplished sailor as well
** Ilmarinen, the greatest engineer of all
*** ... who makes Sampo, the miracle mill, which grinds out material prosperity from trivial feedstocks
*** ... and a [[UncannyValley robot wife]] after his old wife gets killed
** Lemminkäinen, the ChickMagnet
*** ... and an accomplished warrior
*** ... who kills the Master of North by driving a viper ''through'' him
** Mother of Lemminkäinen, who rakes the pieces of his body from the Stream of Death
*** and sews him back in to one piece
*** ... bringing him back alive
** Marjatta, who becomes pregnant from eating a lingonberry
*** ... and whose newborn son is fully able to speak and prophetize at age of two weeks
*** ... and which wins ''Väinämöinen'' on a debate
*** ... and which is divinely destined to become the King of Karelia