* The fight with Storm Eagle in ''VideoGame/MegaManX1'' deserves a special mention. Before the fight begins, X hitches a ride on Eagle's CoolAirship, the Death Rogumer, which starts to rapidly ascend. X blasts off the forward guns, climbs underneath the ship and sneaks into the ship itself. A few seconds later, the top half of the airship explodes, prompting Storm Eagle to arrive. When you defeat Eagle, the crippled ship starts falling down towards the Power Plant Stage.
** ''VideoGame/MegaManMaverickHunterX'' dispenses with X crippling the airship prior to the boss fight, but makes up for it with Storm Eagle having one of the more awesome boss banters in the game.
* Zero's BigDamnHeroes moment in the intro stage of X1. [[TheDragon Vile]] has curbstomped X in a HopelessBossFight and has him in the death grip of his PoweredArmor. After Vile taunts X, we hear the sound of an X-Buster charging, and then a charged shot blasts off the arm holding X. Cue Zero racing in and saving X's metal hide.
* Taking on the boss redux fights with the Hadouken. The Mavericks come in ready to rumble, and X's response is basically "You know what? Screw you." '''''Fireball Death'd!'''''
** That X can use the Hadouken at all is something awesome if you think about it. It's a [[KiAttack soul-powered]] energy attack. Dr Light [[CreatingLifeIsAwesome actually made X with a soul!]]
* Two in the intro stage of ''VideoGame/MegaManX2''. The first being the well-known HeroicSacrifice of [[MemeticMutation Green Biker Dude.]] Second during the boss fight with a HumongousMecha several times the size of X...and X winning.
** The latter happens again in ''VideoGame/MegaManX3''.
** And again in ''VideoGame/MegaManX4''.
* ''Day of Sigma'' begins with a confrontation with a berzerk Mechaniloid. Mechaniloids in this universe are all-but-indestructible HumongousMecha typically used in large-scale construction. X is given the job of delivering the first punch. He does it by [[ItsRainingMen jumping out of a chopper thousands of feet in the air]] and [[DeathFromAbove firing a fully charged X-Buster shot in free fall.]] Not only does the shot [[ImprobableAimingSkills land a direct hit on the Mechaniloid]], it ''slams'' the Mechaniloid into the ground and ''buries it under what's left of the building it was occupying.'' What's more impressive is X accomplished this at his most basic level.
* After a HopelessBossFight with Vile and his HumongousMecha, he grabs X and picks him up...and then you hear the sound of a blaster charging. A blast fires from offscreen, blows the arm of Vile's suit ''clean'' off, and Zero dashes up to you, coolness [[EstablishingCharacterMoment well established]].
** BlinkDawg considers this an SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic as well.
** Zero does it again in X3; this time he temporarily becomes a playable character.
** Later on, it gets reversed. Vile and X tangle again. X loses again. Zero saves him again, [[spoiler:but gets killed by Vile. This fills X with a righteous fury and makes him uber-pissed off. Bye, Vile.]]
* The conversations between X and Sigma on the last stage of the first game. Made better by the voice acting in ''Maverick Hunter X''. X's UnstoppableRage at [[spoiler:the death of Zero]] and his subsequent words make it [[ItsPersonal that much more personal]] when he beats Sigma.
--> '''Sigma''': It's not over yet, X! The battle! The angst! The destruction! I will show you the true potential of Reploids!\\
'''X''': I'm going to finish this! Right here! ''Right now! '''I WILL DEFEAT YOU, SIGMA!'''''
** What's even better is that this makes X's character arc, started from the ''Day of Sigma'' OVA, complete. Everyone's been telling him that he can't hesitate to pull the trigger when there's a threat that needs to be dealt with, but X has been grappling with indecisiveness and his own innate desire for peace. It's not until he loses his friend that he realizes what his hesitancy has cost, and that he absolutely needs to stop Sigma. The fact that he ''wants'' to is just icing on the cake.
* It's pretty badass how in X3, X has grown powerful enough to nonchalantly blow apart Vile's new, improved Ride Armor and then blow up Vile himself, specially after the latter's "[[DeathTrap Hahaha, I have caught you in my trap, you can't escape!]]" speech.
* In ''X2''...Sigma confronts X at the final stage with a black Zero, only for it to be easily destroyed by the real Zero, [[spoiler:just BackFromTheDead.]]
-->'''Zero:''' Sigma, you should have studied the blueprints closer. [[BadassBoast There is only one Zero!]]
* The cutscene after the FinalBattle in ''VideoGame/MegaManX5'': X and Zero, [[spoiler:the latter dying and half his body destroyed,]] were impaled by a decapitated Sigma's [[BreathWeapon Mouth Beam]]. Zero proceeds to destroy Sigma with one [[spoiler:last]] [[ArmCannon Z-buster]] shot. What makes the moment awesome? The spoiler tags tell it all.
-->'''Zero''': How persistent...you are...Die...Sigma...
** Made more awesome by the fact that Sigma was supposed to be KilledOffForReal at this point before [[ExecutiveMeddling the meddling Capcom executives]] stepped in.
*** Except he WAS killed off for good. If Gate had not intervened, he would not have returned.
* In ''VideoGame/MegaManX8'', the final boss is giving a "We're NotSoDifferent" speech, which has X and [[EnsembleDarkHorse Zero]] gritting their teeth as they realize he might be right...until Axl says "screw it" and opens fire, telling him to buzz off, quickly snapping both X and Zero out of the brief HeroicBSOD. Though he was already [[RescuedFromTheScrappyHeap absolved from TheScrappy]] status for some time, this moment showed just how awesome he'd become.
** Axl has another one, believe it or not, in the ending of ''VideoGame/MegaManX7''. Sigma, barely standing after being defeated, punches Axl through a wall, incapacitating the latter. Before X or Zero could move, [[DiscOneFinalBoss Red]] appears and attacks them. Sigma, seeing his chance, attempts to possess Red when the latter came closer to him. However, Red, who was actually Axl in disguise, shoots him at point-blank range ''while his back was turned'', and the single shot was enough to blast Sigma through a wall himself, and send him plummeting to the ground.
* X's BadassBoast at the end of ''VideoGame/MegaManX6'', in which he claims that he has better things to do than fight Sigma over and over, but if he returns X ''will'' defeat him for good. Of course, then he goes and starts whining in the next game and we get Axl, so yeah.
* Throughout the ''Day of Sigma'' OVA, X is reluctant to use violence when fellow Reploids are at risk. But after being forced to watch Sigma attack Zero and launch missiles on their own city, he [[BewareTheNiceOnes snaps]], [[ScreamingWarrior screams with righteous fury]], and claws at Sigma's eyes with a [[Anime/MobileFighterGGundam Shining]] [[ShoutOut Finger]], permanently scarring him. And this is ''after he was impaled on Sigma's sword''.
** People like to make G-Gundam jokes because X is voiced by Dommon's English voice actor, but something that doesn't get noticed as much is that Sigma has the same English voice actor as Master Asia.
* (Hard Mode) In the final level of ''X8'', Vile, [[spoiler:in a last-ditch attempt, attacks one of the characters after his BossBattle, separating the two heroes]], forcing the other character to traverse the rest of the final level alone. When fighting Sigma, the latter grabs the character in an inescapable vicegrip. Just when all hope is lost, the other hero arrives (the camera is even in ''first-person'' perspective of the [[BigDamnHeroes Big Damn Hero]] as he closes in on Sigma and his partner!) and saves his partner, and the BossBattle resumes.
* In one of ''X6's'' endings, even if he is Zero [[spoiler:openly claims that the world is in good (X's) hands, and that X will always be the better hero between the two of them. This is quite impressive, since Zero doesn't even ''think of himself'' as a hero.]] A ''humble badass''.
* In the intro to ''X6'', they show Zero's [[spoiler:crash into the [[ColonyDrop falling Eurasia colony]] in ''X5''.]] That interpretation of the event was one of the few things that the game has done ''right'', and even ''better'' than how they showed it in the original. In fact, the original (X5) didn't even ''show the crash''!
* As bad as the game itself was, X6 (especially if you don't unlock Zero) was one long Crowing Moment Of Awesome for X. Honestly, continuing with this characterization would have made the remainder of the X series much more tolerable. And Axl probably would be much better favored if (assuming Zero was kept dead) X now needed to take Axl under his wing, like Zero did when ''X'' was a rookie. It'd bring the whole thing full-circle rather nicely, and would set up the X of the ''Zero'' series much better.
* From [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uewln1kANo the flashback of Sigma and Zero from X4]], Sigma (TheHero at that time) is fighting the Maverick Zero. This is a CMOA for Sigma at first, as he gains the upper hand. But then Zero quickly turns the tables by breaking Sigma's arm off ''with his own''. Before that, he also tries to fight Sigma, who holds a lightsaber, WITH A [[VideoGame/FinalFight GODDAMN PIPE!!!]]