* '''[[BigBad Nicole Horne]]''': "What do you mean he's [[OneManArmy unstoppable]]? [[EliteMooks You are superior to him in every way that counts]]. You are better trained, better equipped, you outnumber him at least 20 to 1. [[PunctuatedForEmphasis Do... your... job]]!"
* What about when [[spoiler:Max drops the control tower on her chopper?]]
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: The series has a very apropos soundtrack: from the first game's piano, viola, and guitar [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRuReVCFOY0 main theme]] to the StormingTheCastle theme [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ppE4-Og9dI Mr. Big]].
* The whole game is full of make-your-own Crowning Moments of Awesome. Diving sideways with dual Ingrams blazing as you gun down mooks before springing to your feet and throwing yourself backwards underneath another mook's shotgun blast to headshot him is unscripted, completely controlled by you, and totally fucking awesome every time you do something like it.
''Max Payne 2''
* Out of its fair share of moments of awesome, one that sticks out is beating the game on the hardest level, allowing the true ending to happen. [[spoiler:Mona lives, and Max gets a happy ending]].
* The little old lady in Max's apartment block blowing away a Cleaner with a shotgun.
''Max Payne 3''
* The rescue of Fabianna and Rodrigo at the start. Max slides down an awning and headshots a bandit holding Fabianna hostage before landing in a pool, and saves Rodrigo by shooting out the tire of the kidnappers' van, killing all the mooks inside, and immediately turning to gun down the last few survivors running in behind. All in the span of about 20 or 30 seconds.
* The third game also introduces scripted ''[[CrowningMomentOfAwesome CMOAs]]'' as cinematic moments mixed in with the regular gunplay. One that stands out is the beginning of the second mission, with Max tackling a mook out a window and shooting the ones on the ground on the way down. Generally, Max responds to flying through the air (inadvertently or not) by taking advantage of it and continuing to shoot.
** [[spoiler: Towards the end of the game while Max is on the tram in a shoot out with mooks on the tram next to his. The mooks stop shooting to laugh and point out to Max that the tram he's on is about to crash into a dead end. So what does Max do? He jumps though the windows of both trams and starts firing away at them!!!]]
* Max's [[ShutUpHannibal utter rejection]] of Neves attempt to throw MightyWhitey accusations his way, also neatly proving that, for all his world-weary cynicism, he's still a decent man in the end.
-->'''Neves''': What the fuck is your problem, man?
-->'''Max''': My ''problem''? My '''''problem'''''!? Wanna know what my problem is!? '''''[[spoiler: You're turning humans into GLUE]]'''! '''That's''' what my [[UnstoppableRage fucking problem is!'']]
* [[spoiler: Max kills Becker by shooting a grenade in mid air while jumping off ramp stairs, causing it to blow up in his face and critically injuring him]]
* [[spoiler: Max blows up Victor's jet with a grenade launcher, as he stumbles out of the wreckage Max turns a gun on him, Da Silva pleads with Max not to kill him since they already have enough evidence to indict him. Max obliges. Then Victor taunts Max that he'll walk away. Max's response:]]
--> [[spoiler: You'll walk...''WITH A'' '''''LIMP!''''']][[spoiler: ''[He then stomps on Victor's exposed shinbone hard enough to '''''break it.''''']'']]
* The entire last level is one, but the most standout moment is when CrowningMusicOfAwesome [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEH_LSL4rVw Tears]] kicks in during a shootout in the airport lounge.
* Da Silva sending Max into [[spoiler: U.F.E's building. [[CatharsisFactor At least a lot less police are going to show up for work.]]]]
** To elaborate [[spoiler: [[OneManArmy THAT'S ENTIRE U.F.E. BATTALION.]]]]
** After a particularly intense shootout (in a shooting range, no less) towards the end of the game, a [[spoiler: U.F.E]] mook drops to his knees, puts his hands on his head and ''begs'' Max [[VideoGameCaringPotential for]] [[VideoGameCrueltyPotential mercy]]. An EliteMook, cowering in fear from a fat, bald ex-cop with a painkiller addiction ''and rightly so.''
** Props for Da Sliva [[spoiler: for being GenreSavvy enough to send Max in instead of himself.]]
* Max managing to play [[LeaningOnTheFourthWall his own theme music]] on piano. Like the music coming together, he's finally beginning to get a grip on his situation and assert a semblance of control over his life in general and the various plots taking place around him specifically.
[[WMG: 2008 Live-Action Film]]
* The shootouts, mainly because it really captures the feel of the games.
* After being betrayed by [[spoiler: BB]] Max is dumped into the frigid lake with two vials of V to make it look like a drug killing. Max manages to climb out and to keep from dying of hypothermia he takes the V. The hallucinations start immediately, Max falls to his knees screaming and THE SNOW CATCHES ON FIRE.