* Hayes' EstablishingCharacterMoment in Spring Training where, having been tossed out of camp, he races back in during a sprinting drill and outruns the players participating.
-->'''Lou:''' (looks at stopwatch) Get him a uniform.
* Coach Lou confronting "the bitch" owner Rachel Phelps in the locker room after a particularly trying game, especially about the shoddy condition of said locker room. And he does it naked.
-->'''Rachel''': Shouldn't you cover yourself with a towel first, Mr. Brown?
-->'''Lou''' (standing cross-armed): We're out of towels, and I'm too old to go diving into lockers!
* "Forget about the curveball, Ricky....give 'em the heater."
* The Indians' MiracleRally montage set to Randy Newman's "Pennant Fever".
* The final play:
-->'''Harry Doyle''': ''Taylor bunts!...Hayes around third, he's gonna try to score!...Here's the throw!....He slides!....He is...
-->'''Umpire''': SAFE! SAFE!
-->'''Harry Doyle''': AND THE INDIANS WIN IT, THE INDIANS WIN IT, OH MY GOD, THE INDIANS WIN IT!
* According to WordOfGod, for Cerrano's game-tying home run in the climactic game, Dennis Haybert really did clear the fences with that swing -- not as far as the ball was depicted to have gone, but he did hit a legitimate home run nonetheless.
* When Wild Thing enters the field and the entire crowd sings along to his theme music. Easily one of the coolest intro scenes in film.
** And cool enough that real life closers now have their own power-up entrances.