* King Boo broke out of his painting ON HIS OWN. Yeah, he's definitely far more competent than Bowser.
** Also the fact he didn't resort to anything other than his own power to fight you.
* Poor Luigi always shivers at the mere thought of a ghost, yet keeps pushing forward anyway, even long before [[spoiler:he found out his brother was kidnapped.]] That's how badly he wanted to be a hero and he pulled it off magnificently.
** It's subtly implied that E. Gadd went to Mario before requesting Luigi's help, [[spoiler: which would explain his being captured.]] Looks like E. Gadd was right about stepping out of his brother's shadow.
* Holy crap, does King Boo pull out all the stops to get ol' Weege this time around. [[spoiler: When you abduct someone mid-teleport even at the risk of losing the MacGuffin that could thwart ''all your plans'', you're gonna be out for blood, and King Boo's restrained snarkiness showed little different.]] Alone, trapped in complete darkness, stranded in a pocket dimension of which the very fabric is controlled by a being who you know absolutely ''despises'' you. What does Luigi do? He mans up, swallows his fear and takes the fight to King Boo on a turf where he has absolutely no advantage to speak of. Nobody can question if this CowardlyLion has some serious brass ones.
* The fifth boss is one for Next Level Games. [[spoiler: It's basically Boolossus done right. Then, for the Three Star rank, it becomes just as hard as Boolossus was.]]
* Defeating a Boo... in a room that's extremely narrow.