* Handing [[ComicBook/InfiniteCrisis his impostor]] over to SelfDemonstrating/TheJoker.
* [[Film/SupermanReturns "Now... fly!"]]
* Breaking through [[ComicBook/SupermanRedSon Soviet]] Superman's extremism and bravado with the greatest ArmorPiercingQuestion of them all: [[spoiler: "Why don't you just put the whole WORLD in a BOTTLE, Superman?"]]
* Revealing his absolute control of the Secret Society's powers in ''WesternAnimation/JusticeLeague: Unlimited'' as well as dispatching Grodd and saving the world from Darkseid.
* [[http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m70eilK2Vw1qf39z4o1_500.png His epic burn directed at The Joker.]]
* The entirety of ''ComicBook/TheBlackRing'' storyline. If there was any doubt that he was THE MagnificentBastard, it has been disproven.
* Allying with Superman to defeat General Zod in ''Last Son'', including personally gunning down one of Zod's men.
-->''"I always wondered how it would feel to kill a Kryptonian. Feels pretty good."''
* In perhaps the ultimate example of MoralEventHorizon meeting CMOA, blowing up New Krypton, and subsequently, using the reanimated corpse of a Kryptonian god to devastate Zod's army during ''War of the Supermen''.
* Besting the Crime Syndicate in ''ComicBook/ForeverEvil''.
* In 2000, Lex successfully turns his charity efforts in both Metropolis and Gotham into a winning bid to become President with Superman unable to do ''anything'' about it. He remains a thorn in the side of both Superman AND Batman (he framed Bruce Wayne for murder) while simultaneously becoming an international hero in the wake of ''ComicBook/OurWorldsAtWar''. TheBadGuyWins, indeed. He lasted almost a full term before the lead-up to ''ComicBook/InfiniteCrisis'' drove him mad and pulled him from office.
** The animated Luthor avoids repeating the trick with his own display of awesomeness by mounting a $75 million Presidential campaign simply to ''distract'' Superman and the Justice League from his scheme to become a PhysicalGod.
-->'''Luthor:''' President? Do you know how much power I'd have to ''give up'' to be President?
* His cameo in Comicbook/SwampThing, in which he charges an enormous sum for five minutes of his time, deduces a method of destroying the godlike Swamp Thing in about four of those minutes, and explains that he left the remaining time so his employers could [[CutLexLuthorACheck cut him a check]].