* During the final battle,[[spoiler:Magolor attempts to actually ''block Kirby's Ultra Sword.'' He fails and goes down in the usual [[StuffBlowingUp final boss fashion]], but ''damn.'']]
** [[spoiler:...then it's revealed [[OneWingedAngel he survived it.]] [[BackFromTheDead Or not.]]]]
** Even better, [[spoiler:is the fashion in which Kirby finishes off the first phase of Magalor. The Grand Doomer got off easy: this time, Kirby wins the power struggle as before...and then hits Magalor. And again. And again. AND AGAIN. And then, to finish him off, Kirby lifts up the regular ultra sword, makes it grow ''HUGE'', and swings it in slow motion as the screen whites out...before floating to the ground, twirling his sword like a badass, and striking a pose. And then Magalor ''BLOWS UP.'' Kirby certainly made his Return to Dream Land an awesome one, huh?]]
*** [[spoiler:He survived it, had his body take another massive beating, then ''survived that, too.'' Says something about the power of the Master Crown.]]
* The "Final Battle" cutscene. [[spoiler:Magolor]] is throwing energy spheres at the crew as they ride [[spoiler:dragons through space]], and Meta Knight just bats them away with his sword like they're nothing, and [[spoiler:flies in front of Kirby to protect him before getting shot down.]]
* In the last leg of the last level, you're given an Ultra Sword in a room filled with minibosses. As if [[CurbStompBattle effortlessly destroying almost every miniboss in the game]] wasn't awesome enough, to complete the level you get to cut a volcano in half. I repeat: '''YOU GET TO CUT A ''VOLCANO'' [[CrazyAwesome IN HALF]].'''
** Doubles as a CrowningMomentOfFunny for if you use the giant fish. Nothing is more glorious than seeing kirby cut a volcano in half with a giant tuna.
** Or it'll sometimes be the giant PaperFanOfDoom.
* A minor example of nostalgia from the last level: at the very end of the stage, you can find a secret area containing stars by [[spoiler:flying up above the level exit door and entering the background planetoid as a door - exactly the same secret used in Bubbly Clouds, from the original ''Kirby's Dream Land''.]]
* You also get to destroy a space craft while riding a dragon and destroy a giant mecha piloted by a smaller mecha. Really, the second half of the game is just filled with moments of awesome.
* The DiscOneFinalBoss Grand Doomer. This guy doesn't appear until after a VictoryFakeout and gets his own boss theme that is nothing short of epic. You beat down the usual two phases each boss has had up to this point when he shields himself and starts summoning enemies. In the second det of them he spawns, you can get the Ultra Sword. Get it, and a fast paced remix of the Super Ability theme starts playing as you destroy the rock shield, slowly cracking it until it's completely gone. After four hits, you use the Ultra Sword one last time to finish him off in a five hit combo.
* In Extra Mode, the bosses are all upgraded by having more health and stronger, upgraded attacks, but are relatively unchanged. [[spoiler:Except for the Metal General, who starts out this way... then reveals that he found Dedede's Humongous Mecha HR-D3 from ''Kirby GCN'', at which point you fight two more health bars to take them down in a very impressive reference to Kirby 64.]]
* The BonusBoss: [[spoiler:You get to fight Galacta Knight, the most powerful warrior in the galaxy, ''again'', and he's more powerful than before. Even better, if you have three friends, you can gang up on him with a four-on-one.]]
** Even more than that, the start of the battle uses Landia's theme. Then, once you half his health, the familiar EpicRiff begins and [[spoiler:Galacta Knight]] comes at you with everything he has.